PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008

Intellectual
06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
any football (soccer) fans?

the games are great. i'm always into it.

Go Russia! :D Their offense has really improved.

*even though they wont make it to the finals*

Salvy_Mic
06-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Soccer (football) fan right here, I'm thoroughly following Euro 2008. And as it appears to me, I don't think there is another team in the tournament that can beat upgraded Clockwork Orange, otherwise known as The Netherlands. They just trashed two world top 10 teams, and frankly, there really is no other team in the tournament who are even close to approaching the form they're displaying.

In the end though, I'm not terribly concerned as to who wins the tournament, so long as it isn't Portugal. I absolutely loathe the faggotry known as Cristina Ronaldo. Respect the positive skills the guy has, but the arrogance, softness, and proclivity to diving and falling the minute someone breathes on him makes me hate him.

Anyway, I'm picking Kuyt, Robben, van der Sar, Sneijder, and the rest of the men in orange to pick up a European title 20 years after van Basten, Gullit, and Riijkard won with a 4-2 triumph over Spain in the final.

valheruking
06-15-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm picking the Netherlands too, had money on their match with Italy so I was very happy with their performance in that match, great result against one of the favourites. I also find Ronaldo very annoying at times, but try telling that to a Man utd fan, results excuse retarded behaviour apparently.

Bubbles
06-17-2008, 07:11 AM
damn my team(Poland) didnt move on. No surprise there

Gurry
06-18-2008, 07:22 PM
man, netherlands are so impressive, i feel bad for france, but what can u do. Today Spain is playing, my pick to win it is spain. WAR SPAIN. Althoguh the netherlands ripped both the previous world cup champs and finalist... WAR NETHERLANDS ASWELL

valheruking
06-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Anyone watching Turkey/Croatia? crazy ending.

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 04:20 AM
turkey vs croatia was a crazy game.

Salvy_Mic
06-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Turkey/Croatia is the kind of game that was otherwise average, but because of that last minute, will forever be etched in Euro Championship lore. I'll say this about the Turks though, they have a ton of heart. They simply don't know how to quit. Sometimes, that's enough to get farther than you would otherwise think, like Greece 4 years ago.

With that said, I don't think heart is enough to get past a large, physical, and disciplined German team that's starting to play at their best form with the new lineup they pulled out against Portugal. They'll play valiantly, but I think the Turks will lose.

The weekend brings nothing but great matches though. Netherlands/Russia should be fun to watch, and I can't wait for Spain/Italy. The Dutch should win against Russia. Both teams play a similar, free-flowing style, but the Dutch simply have more weapon and a security blanket named Edwin van der Sar.

I think Spain beats Italy and overcomes their major tournament demons finally. With Materazzi in bad form, Cannavaro injured, and Gattuso and Pirlo missing the next game due to yellow card suspensions, the Italians don't have the defense to stop either Villa or Torres for the Spanish. Then again, if Italy has one thing in abundance, it's experience and character. Even with the odds against them, Italy still has enough to give Spain hell.

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 06:46 PM
i'm hoping Russia pulls of an upset against Neatherlands.

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Russia is so close to winning this!!

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 10:05 PM
son of a bitch, that was an incredible goal by Netherlands.

go Russia!

valheruking
06-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah it looks like it's going to go to extra time.

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Goal!!!

Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valheruking
06-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Haha looks like they're going to take it, not much time left now, Holland haven't done much in this game.

edit: and another, they've definitely won it now.

Intellectual
06-21-2008, 10:44 PM
shocking to see Holland not do much. i thought they would easily make the finals.

valheruking
06-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah bad game from them.