PDA

View Full Version : Parody / Intentionally Bad Forum?

jkilla374
06-26-2008, 06:23 AM
This is probably a very dumb idea and it is late here and I've been working a lot, but here it goes:

a lot of people have been creating "fake" accounts and posting some pretty ridiculous shit. For example, "prowrestler" "l ron hubbard" and "jared shaw". I, for one, find it funny and get somewhat of a kick out of it, but can understand why people get pissed off when it ruins otherwise good threads and topics.

So why not have a forum where we can post crazy shit and not back it up, and all get a good laugh. That way, it doesn't mess up the regular forums, and when you want to post some silliness, you can post there. Hell, we can even move the terrible topics/threads from Noob Jack and the General into the new forum where we can all join in the idiocy.

Maniac
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
This is probably a very dumb idea and it is late here and I've been working a lot, but here it goes:

a lot of people have been creating "fake" accounts and posting some pretty ridiculous shit. For example, "prowrestler" "l ron hubbard" and "jared shaw". I, for one, find it funny and get somewhat of a kick out of it, but can understand why people get pissed off when it ruins otherwise good threads and topics.

So why not have a forum where we can post crazy shit and not back it up, and all get a good laugh. That way, it doesn't mess up the regular forums, and when you want to post some silliness, you can post there. Hell, we can even move the terrible topics/threads from Noob Jack and the General into the new forum where we can all join in the idiocy.

Here you go!........ Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/) Enjoy!

He-Man
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Here you go!........ Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/) Enjoy!

lol

:violently1:

strife
06-26-2008, 11:03 PM
If something were to exist or created, posting there shouldn't up your post count.

Frag x 3
06-26-2008, 11:06 PM
A rep-less forum would be good. Enter at your own risk. But then again, we don't really need something like that. If you want to fuck around, just go to Sherdog, as stated above. It's a good idea, but there's a time and a place for everyting, and this isn't the place. I like this forum just the way it is. Just like we don't need more weight classes, we don't need new sections here.

Submissionist
06-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Jkilla the subforum you are describing has very similar characteristics to the "hole" we used to have around here, but that off course promoted more flaming and BS.

2mcgrath
06-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Jkilla the subforum you are describing has very similar characteristics to the "hole" we used to have around here, but that off course promoted more flaming and BS.

yep,thats right,and then all the flaming shit spreads all over the boards.no way to keep it in one place.you have a heated argument there then you damn well know,it will be in all the other sub forums any time the two or how ever many run across each other

#1taz
06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
I agree...we really don't need a place for idiots to play in here - that's what sherdog is for.

And if that doesn't work good enough for them, they can always meet up some where in public with a tape measure and compare dick sizes to see who's the real big dog in the yard...lol

Gurry
06-27-2008, 12:52 PM

y din the thread end here hahahaha

jokerthief
06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
People need to recognize that gimmick accounts are funny. If you don't think they are funny, then you either don't have a good sense of humor or you don't get the fact that they are a joke and are taking them too seriously.

On another forum that I frequent, I have like 20 gimmick accounts. Most of whom have less than 5 posts. Over there, gimmick accounts are a part of the culture and people recognize them for what they are. This needs to happen here. Once people recognize that they are not trolling, the humor can come out.

Gimmick accounts are hilarious. If you see something over the top, ask yourself: "Is this a joke?" If you think it may be, enjoy it for what it is. This place is pretty damn serious, a bit of silliness is not a bad thing. L Ron Hubbard, for example, is the greatest gimmick account that this forum has had. I am not him fwiw. The people who didn't get that he was a joke need to lighten up. It's all in good fun.

More gimmick accounts please!!!

L. Ron Hubbard
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I find it very insulting to be called a "gimmick."

All of you are now going to be investigated. Your crimes will be made public.

Jared Shaw
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Gary Shaw Rullz

Maniac
07-01-2008, 02:40 AM
:laughing4: You guys are to much!!

Jellypig
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
People need to recognize that gimmick accounts are funny. If you don't think they are funny, then you either don't have a good sense of humor or you don't get the fact that they are a joke and are taking them too seriously.

On another forum that I frequent, I have like 20 gimmick accounts. Most of whom have less than 5 posts. Over there, gimmick accounts are a part of the culture and people recognize them for what they are. This needs to happen here. Once people recognize that they are not trolling, the humor can come out.

Gimmick accounts are hilarious. If you see something over the top, ask yourself: "Is this a joke?" If you think it may be, enjoy it for what it is. This place is pretty damn serious, a bit of silliness is not a bad thing. L Ron Hubbard, for example, is the greatest gimmick account that this forum has had. I am not him fwiw. The people who didn't get that he was a joke need to lighten up. It's all in good fun.

More gimmick accounts please!!!yeah, that stuff is too hilarious not to be done. There is a site I frequent sometimes called TMalliance that does something similar where you can create multiple profiles on your account for those purposes or for other things, with a guy that has a little profile on his account named Ran Dather for example.

It really does lighten the mood around here which is something this place could use at times.

JMH
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM

What other mess board is that?

I'm a fan of gimmick accounts myself. I recall Morbo from one board, shit had me laughing for years.

It can be too serious around here. This place as much as I like it for mma fans and facts is the most serious board I've ever been to.

Sam Kinison
07-10-2008, 12:23 AM

I for one find this to be the stupidest fkn thing I have read in a long long time!

"ahh - ahhhhhh!" "ahh - ahhhhhh!" "ahh - ahhhhhh!"

Rodney Dangerfield
07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll tell you what Sam, people like us get no respect.

What does it take to get a little respect around here?