PDA

View Full Version : army combatives program

deeznizzies
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
i've just completed level II army combatives (out of four). it was two weeks long and pretty grueling. i ended up coming out as our class's under 150lb tournament champ. it was pretty standard bjj tournament rules but with no leg subs and with the gi/top.

i'm thinking about entering the real tournament in august. the rules are a bit different in the tournament though.... in the first round the rules are like i mentioned in the top paragraph. in the second, it gets kinda fun. there are kicks to the head and body but only open hand strikes are allowed. almost like old school pancrase. the final round/match is a full out mma fight in a ring with no elbows or soccer kicks.

i weight about 147 and want to take the whole next month, get in shape, work on technique, strength and cardio, and compete in the 140lb and under weight class....

any advice on what i need to be doing? i start training seriously come monday morning... btw, the tournament is 2nd of august.

deeznizzies
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
won my first two by sub (triangle and guillotine). lost the final/championship fight by 1st round tko......

dude got mount and i was fucked.... standing i was doing well but he closed the distance on me and things went down hill..he had me busted up pretty good and i remember there was a good amount of blood on the ring... . i'll try and get the footage and post in on here... hopefully have it up next week sometime.

at one point i almost had a full hip toss in the corner but everyone says he grabbed the rope and when we fell he ended up in mount... game over from there for me... either way, i'm glad i did it... i'm taking the day off of work today and just feeling sorry for myself.... :angry4:

ChuckBooty
08-19-2008, 08:38 PM
won my first two by sub (triangle and guillotine). lost the final/championship fight by 1st round tko......

dude got mount and i was fucked.... standing i was doing well but he closed the distance on me and things went down hill..he had me busted up pretty good and i remember there was a good amount of blood on the ring... . i'll try and get the footage and post in on here... hopefully have it up next week sometime.

at one point i almost had a full hip toss in the corner but everyone says he grabbed the rope and when we fell he ended up in mount... game over from there for me... either way, i'm glad i did it... i'm taking the day off of work today and just feeling sorry for myself.... :angry4:

Good job man! You should upload your matches to YouTube and post 'em here. I brought my MMA gym coaches to an RSP (pre-basic training drill for the Army National Guard recruits) and posted the training here. Got quite a few views:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ud3MVwLCT44&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ud3MVwLCT44&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>