PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes!!!!!!

Donny77
10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I swear the guy wants to be a heel. Or maybe thats just really Matt! Did anyone catch the lip comment he made about Dean? Fuckin prick!

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah Hughes was seeming like he was showing off since he knows hes the WW champ. GSP was avoiding him though but he has his reasons. They all need to just be laid back and chill like Chuck. Chuck knows he can KO both of them but he's not bein a dick about it haha. I'd love to see Matt Serra talk that trash he was saying in the van to Hughes face though lol.

Donny77
10-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Ya i was thinkin that too, thats one thing that bugs me about Serra. I just hope GSP beats HUghes up in Nov.

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah I mean Serra says that Hughes is a dick... damn Serra has got a mouth on him worse than Hughes but he says it behind ppls backs.

Donny77
10-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Now I see the previews for next week and im glad Serra did say something to Laimon... The guy need to be told!

Afro
10-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Matt speaks his mind though, I dont have a problem with Matt cuz hes been accurate about everything he says

Matt Hughes is a dick.. correct

Rich Franklin gave crappy advice.. correct

Mark Laimon was being disrespectful.. correct

he speaks the truth

P.S. Lytle won the fight right? I didnt watch the end.

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Matt speaks his mind though, I dont have a problem with Matt cuz hes been accurate about everything he says

Matt Hughes is a dick.. correct

Rich Franklin gave crappy advice.. correct

Mark Laimon was being disrespectful.. correct

he speaks the truth

P.S. Lytle won the fight right? I didnt watch the end.
Yeah Lytle won by unanimous decision

killerinstinct
10-12-2006, 11:43 PM
That was weird that the bell was never rang at the end of round one.I lost a little bit of repect for Matt Hughes tonight.I still respect him as a fighter ,but I lost a little respect for him as a person.Now I really hope GSp fucks him up in their rematch.

kaisq11
10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
cant wait for next week
Serra Vs Carter II :devil:

Boo
10-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Hughes called GSP out because he was avoiding him. So what. GSP was avoiding him. GSP and Hughes have always been friendly. Maybe it bugged Hughes that GSP was acting that way. It would me.

The person I'm losing respect for is Serra. He's all nice to peoples faces and then bad mouths them behind their backs. Maybe next week I'll get to see him behave with some character and say what he has to say directly to Matt Laimon.

I guess my attitude about the above reflects my own personality. I won't smile in your face while I stab you in the back.

jreed1404
10-13-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Hughes called GSP out because he was avoiding him. So what. GSP was avoiding him. GSP and Hughes have always been friendly. Maybe it bugged Hughes that GSP was acting that way. It would me.

The person I'm losing respect for is Serra. He's all nice to peoples faces and then bad mouths them behind their backs. Maybe next week I'll get to see him behave with some character and say what he has to say directly to Matt Laimon.

I guess my attitude about the above reflects my own personality. I won't smile in your face while I stab you in the back.

Couldnt have said ne of it better!

strife
10-13-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Serra would say something to him regardless, and besides he isn't going to call Hughes out on the show and create controversy and make enemies with not only Matt but with Dana or maybe some of the other Hughes nuthuggers out there. Then before we know it, Serra randomly gets a positive test for steroids and gets the axe.

Boo
10-13-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Serra would say something to him regardless, and besides he isn't going to call Hughes out on the show and create controversy and make enemies with not only Matt but with Dana or maybe some of the other Hughes nuthuggers out there. Then before we know it, Serra randomly gets a positive test for steroids and gets the axe.
??? It's on tape. I think they know.

Newyorkslav3
10-13-2006, 05:15 AM
You guys do know the show is edit, to look that way right? lol I mean for all you know Serra could of said it in front of him, for all you know GSP and Hughes could of been joking back and forth when there were out to eat, We don't know because we see what they want us to see, and they make it in a way to think a sortin way about a fighter. So don't really take it for what it is.

TN94z
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Exactly. It is kind of like watching the contender. You never see the whole fight really, you just see what they want you to see. Besides, if I was Matt Hughes i would be pissed at GSP anyway for his comments after the Hughes/Penn fight. That was disrespectful. Is there anyone that Serra doesn't think is a dick? He pretty much has something bad to say about everyone that has anything to do with the show.

Masscore
10-13-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't see what the big deal is, if anything GSP was being a dick. The guy starts saying that he doesnt want Hughes to see how he trains or what he has got, guess what GSP, Hughes already knows. GSP wasnt going to show anything in those training sessions that Hughes hasn't seen. But instead the guy just leaves with his tail between his legs. The way Hughes handed it at the restruant may have not been the best way to handle it, but damn the guy has to know what GSP is doing so he can help out also.

It amazes me how much Hughes is in GSP's head. The guy freaks out over one guy that has beaten him.

j.farrell
10-13-2006, 10:58 AM
??? It's on tape. I think they know.
yeah thats what im saying..its not like there wasnt a camera in the van...its on film..serra isnt a dummy...he knows matt will see it..and even if he doesnt watch the show someone he knows will..maybe his brother and they will call matt and be like serra called you a dick...imo he was being a dick...i guess it rubbed him the wrong way that gsp rolled out the way he did..but he didnt have to be likek that..and the comment to dean was really uncalled for..ill tell you what tho..lytle will get punished if for some reason he wins..

j.farrell
10-13-2006, 11:00 AM
nice to see someone else is in with me on the whole "fail the drug test to get them up outta there" conspiracy theory...lol

Afro
10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
he told Din Thomas he can read his lips cuz its not like there tiny, how f'in racist is that?

tellin GSP he'll teach him arm bar defense bein an overall ASS, fuck Matt Hughes.

Boo
10-13-2006, 12:15 PM
he told Din Thomas he can read his lips cuz its not like there tiny, how f'in racist is that?

tellin GSP he'll teach him arm bar defense bein an overall ASS, fuck Matt Hughes.
Now Afro, it's not like there aren't white people with large lips. There's more and more of them in fact, thanks to collagen injections. It wouldn't have been racist if Din was a white guy, so it shouldn't be assumed that because he is black it is either.

If a black person said to me, hey I can hardly miss you with all that red hair, I wouldn't take it as a racist comment. I could come up with half a dozen other examples using my white skin or blue eyes, but I think you get my point.

Believe me, if Hughes really said something racist I'd be the first one on his ass. It would change my opinion of him in a instant.

strife
10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Why is everything racist, that wasn't a statement directed in any way toward the color of Din Thomas' skin. Matt shouldn't of said it, I agree and he's lucky that Din isn't one of those radical black guys that takes any comment towards him and sees it as an attack of his heritage then goes and tries to file for racial descrimination.

BigBanda
10-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I dont want to get into a racist debate but I can for sure see how the big lips comment can be seen as racist. Then again I dont think he meant it that way. Besides it's not just blacks that have big lips. Now do you think Serra talkin shit and calling Matt a farm boy, hick or whatever bein racist?? That was way more blunt than a big lip comment.

Afro
10-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Now Afro, it's not like there aren't white people with large lips. There's more and more of them in fact, thanks to collagen injections. It wouldn't have been racist if Din was a white guy, so it shouldn't be assumed that because he is black it is either.

If a black person said to me, hey I can hardly miss you with all that red hair, I wouldn't take it as a racist comment. I could come up with half a dozen other examples using my white skin or blue eyes, but I think you get my point.

Believe me, if Hughes really said something racist I'd be the first one on his ass. It would change my opinion of him in a instant.
Big Lips is a known stereotype for african americans though, theres just some things you dont say to an african american if you dont want to sound like an ass, and that was one of them.. im not saying hes racist im saying hes an ass for saying that.

Boo
10-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Big Lips is a known stereotype for african americans though, theres just some things you dont say to an african american if you dont want to sound like an ass, and that was one of them.. im not saying hes racist im saying hes an ass for saying that.
OK, I got ya. It was stupid of him to say that.

lhuyner
10-14-2006, 10:46 PM
hughes used to be one of my favorite fighters.just seems as time goes by,the more cocky he gets.he used to be down to earth and humble.