PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

pa99fighter
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Well I box. I've been doing it for a bit. I Spar around 4 times a week. when I first started boxing I'd bleed any time I'd get hit in the nose. This problem finally corrected itself and I didn't worry about it for awhile. Now about a month ago it's happening again. I can be blocking a punch and my own glove will hit my nose and it'll start bleeding it. My nose looks fine but it bleeds way too easy to the point pretty much everytime I sparred last week. I don't know what to do. any ideas?

Ifightforaliving
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Dude do you take alot of aspirin or have high blood pressure? If so that could be the cause. Or does your family have a history of that disease that causes you to bleed easy? It could be a fragment of you nose cartilidge(sp) that broke of and is sharp and when you hit the nose inward it starts to bleed. You could also (worst case scenario) have a tumor or a clot. It may also be a cyst. i would have it checked though as repeated bleeding from anywhere is something that needs checking.

bigsmooth696969
07-16-2008, 01:41 AM
It also can have alot to do with the weather in your area. Also, do you have bad allergies? These can be causes. I used to get nose bleeds about 3 times a week. Now, I bet I haven't had one in 10 years.

pa99fighter
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't know of any family history with problems, I don't have allergies. It's weird I'm just gonna go to the doctor to get it checked out.