PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty For The Inmates

jkilla374
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
While I think that the mods had a good idea with the spoiler forums, a lot of the rules were somewhat unclear before last night.

Many veteran posters are inmates now, due to the alleged posting of spoilers in the "wrong" sub-spoiler forum.

Everyone has learned their lesson (IMO) and the right thing to do is give amnesty to everyone and "unban" them.

Now that the rules are crystal clear, I believe a ban the next time this happens wouldn't be a problem, but for now, amnesty is the way to go.

mauladala
07-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Because there are mulitple events going on tonite and people are watching one and recording the others Spoilers are a bigger deal tonite than normal. So I have created a spoilers forum with a subsection for each event. Post all discussions of the event in the relevent forum.

People can see the thread titles still though so still no spoilers in thread titles![/QUOTE]
Posted at 9:07AM yesterday... How is that unclear to the "alleged" (love how you put that in quotes) posters that put spoilers in the wrong section. You're getting annoying with this.

Link: http://forums.mmanews.com/general-mma-forum/28056-prevent-spoilers-tonite-post-spoiler-forums.html

Edit: I'd also like to add that I am not/nor was in favor of anyone being "inmated".

Steel
07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
there are 2 options in a situation like this.

1. Follow the rules that were laid out

2. Simply do not post until the timeframe involved has lapsed

I wanted to post immediately after AA fought but was afraid that I might slip and say the wrong thing, in the wrong place in response screwing it up for others who maybe hadn't seen it yet.

The temp ban is a great way to get people to remember so that next time it doesn't happen again.

It's a no-win situation as if you ban people complain about it being too strict and if you don't people say that the staff aren't doing their job. You can't have it both ways and I think they did what they thought was the right thing to do.

2mcgrath
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
there are 2 options in a situation like this.

1. Follow the rules that were laid out

2. Simply do not post until the timeframe involved has lapsed

I wanted to post immediately after AA fought but was afraid that I might slip and say the wrong thing, in the wrong place in response screwing it up for others who maybe hadn't seen it yet.

The temp ban is a great way to get people to remember so that next time it doesn't happen again.

It's a no-win situation as if you ban people complain about it being too strict and if you don't people say that the staff aren't doing their job. You can't have it both ways and I think they did what they thought was the right thing to do.

thats me.i just dont post anything fight related untill the next day or something.i hang out in the off-topic or where ever untill its safe to discuss fights without spoiling it for people

Clint
07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
It's been long enough, I will lift all of the spoiler bans

jkilla374
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
It's been long enough, I will lift all of the spoiler bans

Thanks Clint; I wasn't arguing whether or not the people should have been disciplined or whether or not the rule was "correct;" I was just pointing out that many veteran posters had been banned; and banning them for three days was a little too long; and just the ban itself was enough to teach everyone a lesson.