PDA

View Full Version : Another forum group

deeznizzies
07-22-2008, 03:38 PM
after seeing some of the responses and threads created because of dream 5, its kinda obvious imo, that there is a real lack of knowledge amongst majority of posters on non-ufc events, particularly japanese...

i suggest that we have a "Non-UFC MMA" group. maybe if there's enough participation in there, it may encourage your more casual posters/fans to find out what's happening overseas with mma?

Intellectual
07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
It's a legit idea, but I disagree.

We don't need to separate. By discussing UFC/Affliction/DREAM etc.. in one part of the forum, then everyone can get a chance to see what the fuss is about.

Legend
07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah on paper it looks like a good idea but it splits the discussion up and having everything under the same general forum gives some of the uninformed posters better chance to check out what the deal is with non UFC events.

valheruking
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with Legend and Intellectual, have you seen forums that use this idea?, the UFC section has hundreds of thousands of posts whereas the DREAM or whatever other section has only a few thousand. Basically nobody visits the non UFC section except the long time fans. When they are all posted in the same general forum it makes people check it out that might not have bothered if there was a separate forum they had to visit.

Gurry
07-22-2008, 07:39 PM
i wont let us become sherdog...

jokerthief
07-22-2008, 08:40 PM
i wont let us become sherdog...

Yeah, I don't like how that works over there either.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
07-23-2008, 06:58 AM
after seeing some of the responses and threads created because of dream 5, its kinda obvious imo, that there is a real lack of knowledge amongst majority of posters on non-ufc events, particularly japanese...

They have MMA fights in Japan?

valheruking
07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
They have MMA fights in Japan?
Crazy ones, with barbed wire for ropes and fire for ring posts, and instead of a ref, they have a crocodile, that's like....electric.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
07-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Crazy ones, with barbed wire for ropes and fire for ring posts, and instead of a ref, they have a crocodile, that's like....electric.

YouTube - The Best Of BLOODSPORT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24j7WthwJXs)

Ramma
07-23-2008, 10:40 PM
The best way to get people to understand and appreciate something is to expose them to it. Having a section that divides them from can hurt the cause two fold.

Not only will they lose the casual exposure that would interest them, but they also may baselessly dislike it because they are separated from it.

You want to get people into something? Expose them to it. Don't make them have to work to utilize it.

bigsmooth696969
07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
YouTube - The Best Of BLOODSPORT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24j7WthwJXs)

Great flick but if I hear Frank Dukes go ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH after being blinded one more time, I'm going to go all apeshit.