PDA

View Full Version : The Contender: Asia (Muay Thai) Discussion

Mean
07-27-2008, 03:36 AM
Is anyone excited about this new series. Premieres this week.

Versus (http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/72308/?tf=program_schedule.tpl&catID=76)

G

jwistead
07-27-2008, 04:37 AM
It's a great show. It already aired overseas in English... you can download it by bittorrent, that's how I watched it.

Poindexter
07-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Haven't seen it - I wish I had that damn Versus channel.

ChuckBooty
07-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Download it on Bit Torrent...it's EVERYWHERE. It was a good season too.

ChuckBooty
07-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Even the Finale has aired?

Anyone know where I can watch it streaming?

Or is anyone willing to upload.lol?

It's on the MMA tracker...

Jacob
07-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Iv watched it. Brlliant series, well worth a watch.

Problematique
07-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Been on in Australia for ages.

DarKnight
07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you so much for the reminder TS. Glad to hear it was a good series.

Ramma
07-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I am anxious to see the show myself. I have heard nothing but good things. I am really looking forward to it.

Noise Chopped
07-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Me too - Looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll air solid Muay Thai events over that Chuck Norris crap, hah.

Frag x 3
07-30-2008, 04:15 AM
I just saw a commercial for it and I checked here to see if it was posted. It's called "Contender: Muay Thai." No "Asia" in the title on the commercial.

Ramma
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
^^ Changed the thread title

To those who already saw the season, how was it compared to the boxing seasons?

Tenacious_Thunder
07-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Great news.....
thanks for the reminder, i would have forgot and been looking for it in about 4 weeks lol

Ramma
08-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I really like it. I hope it doesn't turn into a TUF drama show and I could do without the dramatic music while the fights go on.. but it was good.

Trevor seemed like a cool guy and Naruepol is one cocky bastard. The french guy seems like he is not going to be much better.

valheruking
08-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I've seen it so I don't want to say too much and ruin it. Yeah Naruepol is a good fighter too though so I guess he can be a little cocky lol

Nitemare
08-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Iv always wanted a muay thai contender show. Kind of like fight girls without the girls. no offense to anybody, but I'm just not nearly as interested in watching women in combat sports period. whether it be boxing, kickboxing, mma, etc. Huge muay thai fan and I been training in it for years, the show looks really good so far.

Gurry
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Im not that far into the season, im addicted though and John Wayne Parr is sucha bad ass, and Naruepol looked impressive... aswel as Yodensaklai

ChrisAM
08-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I saw the first episode, had some of the same background music that TUF has, could do without the music in the fights, but other then that, pretty good show.

Ramma
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I could do without the music as I said before.. but at least they don't edit the fight like "Fight Girls" did... shit like that is just silly.

Quintessential Studmuffin
08-12-2008, 03:55 AM
I've liked the show so far.

I got my money on Yodsenklai. I got a real kick outta what he said to Rafik last week. "big mouth,little heart"

Ramma
08-22-2008, 04:30 AM
^^ Yeah, that was completely classic. I really like Yod and John Wayne. I hope it is them in the finals.

I am really happy Rafik is gone.... just too disrespectful for my taste.

Yod looked good tonight. He was smart because he didn't box a boxer.. he just kicked those arms until they were jello.

I really like this show and I hope they do another season for sure.

MirJitsu
09-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Tonight's episode and last weeks were both really good in my opinion. I like the dynamic of the show, even more than TUF, all the fighters are respectful in the sense that they are getting trashed and destroying the place.

I think John Wayne and Soren are awesome. Tiger Kings have been my preferred team since the first episode so I'm not remotely disappointed that they keep winning.

I thought the fight tonight was really close, coulda went either way, understand why David lost though.

I hope they make another season, I'd love to see Carnage on the show.

Ramma
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
That was a great fight, David definitely fell behind (even w/ the point deductions). Best fight on the show so far, no contest.

MirJitsu
09-19-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm really liking this episode so far, I can't wait to see how the quaterfinals start off next week, especially considering good of friends the teams seem to be with each other.

John Wayne Parr is awesome, I don't know how anyone could not like the guy, I think he's the perfect person to be the captain of the team and just a good representitive of the sport.

Ramma
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I ended up having to catch a rereun of last week's episode.

Naru and Yod having to fight was pretty intense. You could just tell that Naru's heart was not in the fight. Yod, I guess, did what he had to do. I would have picked Yod to win in the first place (he is who I am picking to win the whole thing), but still.

It is funny how some fans of MMA act like it is just so easy to fight a friend and that people in the same camp have no right to not fight each other. Just goes to show you that some people don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I mean, who wants to knock out a friend? Who wants to beat their team mate? It is very hard to deal with, especially the next day when you are side by side at the camp again.

MirJitsu
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I ended up having to catch a rereun of last week's episode.

Naru and Yod having to fight was pretty intense. You could just tell that Naru's heart was not in the fight. Yod, I guess, did what he had to do. I would have picked Yod to win in the first place (he is who I am picking to win the whole thing), but still.

It is funny how some fans of MMA act like it is just so easy to fight a friend and that people in the same camp have no right to not fight each other. Just goes to show you that some people don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I mean, who wants to knock out a friend? Who wants to beat their team mate? It is very hard to deal with, especially the next day when you are side by side at the camp again.

It was a fight that, in my opinion, could have been the finals. Might have been the finals if they hadn't had to fight one another that earlier. I had them at number one and number three, as far as ranking the best fighters in the house, with JWP at 2.

I agree, it's hard to go out and fight someone you're that close to, especially when they had been training together for so long. Naru's heart wasn't in it for the win, you could really see it at the begining of the fight, which makes me wish the fight had been matched up a different way.

The thing that got me, all the fighers got to see their families right? JWP was in quarantine. I'm still hoping they let him see his wife and kids.

Ramma
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
The thing that got me, all the fighers got to see their families right? JWP was in quarantine. I'm still hoping they let him see his wife and kids.

I imagine they did. I would like to think they did anyway.

Man, JWP really laid down the law on Zidov. I thought it was going to be a much more competitive fight, but Zidov just couldn't get in his grove at all.

This week's episode should be a good one by the way the "Next time on the Contender" thing went.

I think we are definitely going to see JWP vs. Yod in the finals. Should be good.

Man, I just want to go find all the episodes online and watch them, but I really want to give the show the ratings so that we see another season some day. This is one of the few times I have been really interested in a reality show.

NCBA
11-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Man. Im so hype about this show. I just joined black belt usa. I cant wait to get KOed. I gotta sleep to dream.