PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Staff re My Banning

Steel
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
As a former Moderator before stepping down, I know that it is customary that a vote be taken before a banning takes place.

It's no secret that I made public the plans for the TTR revival and yes, I had access to the secret TTR forum, which I never actually asked for.

Was my ban put to a vote? I'm ok if it was..Bullock has told me via PM that "all the staff were cool with it".

When I was a Mod I wanted to ban a user but it had to be put to a vote despite personal attacks. I have a feeling that no vote was taken and that Bullock did what HE wanted because he didn't like me speaking the truth.

And how about Palma? Everything he said was direct and the truth.

I get taunting emails every hour from Bullock as well as people asking me what happened...I indeed respond. I think I and others have a right to know why an Admin that has spent his time starting multiple smurf account threads, promoting his own tshirt sales and starting board wars with TTR is allowed to act without following the rules.

So maybe this is the last post I make here as I'll get banned again. Lets see of the thread stays without being deleted.

brian.santore@gmail.com

I love this site and have always tried to do what was best for it even as a mod...and I continue to try and do so now. I will not post any related info to this matter anywhere else than here unless I am egged on by Bullock to do so.

I would like to hear the answer...Boone says it's Clint's decision on how the board is run..I'd like to hear his opinion.

I think Bullock abuses power and should be removed as an admin.

Respectfully,

jokerthief
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Steel, you've always been one of my favorite posters and I still look on you favorably but I have to call them how I see them.

It was not your place to reveal TTR's plans. Like it or not, TTR and RTTR are both approved by the mods. Trying to ruin plans made by one of these groups is pretty selfish. Some of us enjoy the give and take between TTR and RTTR and you ruined that for us. I don't think that's fair.

Also, posting a pm in public is a pretty dick move. You shouldn't have done that. There are certain barriers of respect that ought not be crossed and that is one of them.

I don't think the things you did were ban worthy offenses but I can see the justification for some sort of temporary punishment. I think you should just consider your little time out as time rightly served and move on. Causing more drama on the forums doesn't really help anything. Also, I think that the ostensible purpose of this thread could have easily been handled via pm.

I know that emotions are running hot right now but I had to say my piece. Again, I like you as a poster and I will continue to in the future but I think you made mistake here. We all make mistakes so there is no sense in judging them harshly. Just my honest opinion.

thebwit
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Steel, you've always been one of my favorite posters and I still look on you favorably but I have to call them how I see them.

It was not your place to reveal TTR's plans. Like it or not, TTR and RTTR are both approved by the mods. Trying to ruin plans made by one of these groups is pretty selfish. Some of us enjoy the give and take between TTR and RTTR and you ruined that for us. I don't think that's fair.

Also, posting a pm in public is a pretty dick move. You shouldn't have done that. There are certain barriers of respect that ought not be crossed and that is one of them.

I don't think the things you did were ban worthy offenses but I can see the justification for some sort of temporary punishment. I think you should just consider your little time out as time rightly served and move on. Causing more drama on the forums doesn't really help anything. Also, I think that the ostensible purpose of this thread could have easily been handled via pm.

I know that emotions are running hot right now but I had to say my piece. Again, I like you as a poster and I will continue to in the future but I think you made mistake here. We all make mistakes so there is no sense in judging them harshly. Just my honest opinion.

I agree with everything you just said. Just because you have access to information that other people don't have access to, doesn't give you the right to share that information if you feel like it.

All Admins/Mods have the right to ban anyone they want, anytime they want.

A vote doesn't have to be before the ban.

Bullock ban'd you, and you were unbanned in hours.

Take a deep breath and switch to decaf man.

/start joking/
Ooo Can I be a mod? I want to ban people for like 2 minutes, then un ban them. Then they would go, what the hell just happened to me and not even know what hit them...
/end joking/

In all seriousness a mod is here to MODERATE the forums. And if someone steps out of line in their eyes, then the mod should be able to ban you first and put it to a decision second. What if they all had to vote on a ban before one could be put in place? Oh I know, I could go through all the forums saying "F*** F*** F*** a duck, screw a kangaroo..." and until they all voted, they couldn't do squat.

Clint
07-31-2008, 12:13 PM
As a general rule of thumb if a decision needs made quicky it is a judgment call of the admin and then we can vote later if anyone disagrees with the initial decision.

I would personally say that If I sent someone a message asking them not to talk about something and in response they posted the PM to a thread, I would ban them as well.