PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Football Teams and 08' Predictions

riggs
08-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Just curious who everyone is reppin. Im a die-hard Chiefs fan( even though we arent gonna be that good this year or probably next) and probably just as die-hard a raider hater. If our O-Line can do anything this year I say we go 5-11. If they get even worse from last year I could easily see us going 3-13, with 2 of those victories against the Raiders and the other against Denver at home.

Oh and I had to switch the AV up just for all these damn Raiders fans that popped up recently!

Ifightforaliving
08-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Vikings baby.Have always been. i predict playoffs maybe superbowl. We have two of the best RB's in the game and If Jackson can play well this year and have our WR's step up we are going to the game bitches. And I am with you man I have always hated the Raiders and the god damn Cowboys. I watch the Eagles religiously too since I am from West Chester PA

Oats420
08-01-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm a die-hard Denver Broncos fan.

BTW, Raiders will not beat Broncos this year. Neither at home or away. :D

Mr. Raider
08-01-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm a die-hard Denver Broncos fan.

BTW, Raiders will not beat Broncos this year. Neither at home or away. :D

Are u willing to do a year long AV bet on it?????? :sporty:

Oh yeah I'm sayin Oakland goes 8-8.

Ifightforaliving
08-01-2008, 06:56 AM

I was thinking they would go more like 10-6 tops. Did you see the mess of a team they were last year? They can only hope to improve. At least you aren't a dolphins fan they will suck again.

Mr. Raider
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I was thinking they would go more like 10-6 tops. Did you see the mess of a team they were last year? They can only hope to improve. At least you aren't a dolphins fan they will suck again.

Hope they go 10-6 but I'm just being realistic. I think they still have alot of work to do. They are a young team and will soon dominate the West again. The chargers are the team to beat in our div. but hopefully they will self destruct with all the aching puss on that team. Rivers and LT are some winey bitches. Denver is on the decline in a big way. KC, Brody Croyle, enough said. As for last year I thought we actually improved quite a bit from the horrendous previous years. Last year we were at least competitive in our games. Our record didnt show it to well but we cut our sacks allowed almost in half. from like 72 (ouch) to like 35 or so. Rushing game was vastly improved and Jamoney Russel will be the tell all factor. I think our O-line isnt in as bad of shape as most people think, IF we stay healthy. Left Tackle is ?? I could go on for days talking football. I'm just excited for some ball and my Fantasy cash leagues. NFL ticket and Beers all day. My Favorite time of the year.

Ifightforaliving
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Hope they go 10-6 but I'm just being realistic. I think they still have alot of work to do. They are a young team and will soon dominate the West again. The chargers are the team to beat in our div. but hopefully they will self destruct with all the aching puss on that team. Rivers and LT are some winey bitches. Denver is on the decline in a big way. KC, Brody Croyle, enough said. As for last year I thought we actually improved quite a bit from the horrendous previous years. Last year we were at least competitive in our games. Our record didnt show it to well but we cut our sacks allowed almost in half. from like 72 (ouch) to like 35 or so. Rushing game was vastly improved and Jamoney Russel will be the tell all factor. I think our O-line isnt in as bad of shape as most people think, IF we stay healthy. Left Tackle is ?? I could go on for days talking football. I'm just excited for some ball and my Fantasy cash leagues. NFL ticket and Beers all day. My Favorite time of the year.
oops I meant 6-10 i typed it wrong. But I do see that they are improving alot this year and last. they are weak in a few positions,but they are getting better.

Mr. Raider
08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
oops I meant 6-10 i typed it wrong. But I do see that they are improving alot this year and last. they are weak in a few positions,but they are getting better.

WRs, I'm not to happy about. Walker got way to much$$$$. Curry and drew carter could step it up. I think we will pound the rock hard this year and will hopefully open up the passing game. Secondary is looking good with Hall and Aso. Vikes ?? mark is the QB. AP is a fuckn stud. Love to watch him run. Who are your recievers??

Oats420
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM

I thought he was talking about the raiders, but yeah... the raiders won't neither. Oakland will do no better than 6-10, even with McFadden. The problem with the Broncos though is last year they allowed too many rushing yards against them last year. In fact, they were horrible. They've made moves this off-season and I hope it helps dramatically. With that said, now that the Raiders have McFadden, he's like another lil' AD and could put up like 200+ yards in a game. The Broncos let Corey Dillon rush for 278 yards against them setting the record at the time, and it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Once the season gets closer, we'll most likely bet. And any chiefs fans want to get in too?

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Vikings baby.Have always been. i predict playoffs maybe superbowl. We have two of the best RB's in the game and If Jackson can play well this year and have our WR's step up we are going to the game bitches. And I am with you man I have always hated the Raiders and the god damn Cowboys. I watch the Eagles religiously too since I am from West Chester PA

While the Vikings aren't my favorite team, I do like them. I think they go nowhere significant with Tavaris Jackson at QB but here's to hoping that they can get the trade for Favre pulled off. Vikings + Favre = NFC Champs in 2008.

As for my favorite team, the one and only Oakland Raiders. Although, I don't hate all other AFC West teams like most Bronco, Chief or Charger fans.

The Raiders entire season depends on how Russell performs. Their O-line is significantly improved, their secondary is the best in football with Asomugha and D-Hall, they improved their receiving corps and backfield. It will all hinge on Russell. If Russell sucks, 8-8 will be a dream come true. If Russell is a stud, they'll be the worst to first Cinderella team.

I still think the Raiders will be dysfunctional as long as Al Davis is alive. He's losing his marbles with each day that passes.

By the way guys, I suggested an entire NFL section but most of the guys are shooting it down. Head over to the site suggestions and put your feedback in so we can get a section dedicated to the NFL.

Oats420
08-01-2008, 05:26 PM
We should maybe set up a season "pick 'em" league. Everyone picks a winner for every game, every week. Just an idea. Could be fun. :D

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
We should maybe set up a season "pick 'em" league. Everyone picks a winner for every game, every week. Just an idea. Could be fun. :D

I compete against the Inside the NFL guys on HBO. I'd like to do a picks thing each week.

kickass32
08-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Dolphins...and we are going to be bad, bad, bad again this year!!

TeddyDaBear
08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Steelers.

Solid team but we have the toughest schedule in the league. I'm not predicting a super bowl but i think we can make playoffs

Oats420
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I compete against the Inside the NFL guys on HBO. I'd like to do a picks thing each week.

Sweet. Hopefully we can round up enough guys to compete in this. It's fun to watch how the standing can change week in and week out. Anything can happen! :D

Mr. Raider
08-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Cant beleive Inside the NFL switched over to Showtime. Collinsworth is the only one left from the old cast. Been watching that shit since I can remember. As for the pickem leagues I use Yahoo.com they got a really easy set up and its easy to use.

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Cant beleive Inside the NFL switched over to Showtime. Collinsworth is the only one left from the old cast. Been watching that shit since I can remember. As for the pickem leagues I use Yahoo.com they got a really easy set up and its easy to use.

Actually dude, Inside the NFL was cancelled this past year by HBO. I believe Showtime only picked up the rights to use the name. I saw the commercial with Phil Simms and Collinsworth but I can only wonder if this version will be anything like the other version.

Macgyver
08-01-2008, 08:28 PM
49ers are my team and I'd be down for a pick 'em league.

Edit: Forgot my prediction, 49ers will go 7-9, Seahawks will win the division, 49ers will finish 2nd and will fall short of the wildcard.

Mr. Raider
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Actually dude, Inside the NFL was cancelled this past year by HBO. I believe Showtime only picked up the rights to use the name. I saw the commercial with Phil Simms and Collinsworth but I can only wonder if this version will be anything like the other version.

As long as they still have "that guys" voice when showing the highlights It should be fine. It hasnt been the same since Gifford and Nick Bon. So the analyst part doesnt matter to me. I did like Chris Carter though.

Macgyver
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
As long as they still have "that guys" voice when showing the highlights It should be fine. It hasnt been the same since Gifford and Nick Bon. So the analyst part doesnt matter to me. I did like Chris Carter though.

Cris Carter is joining the NFL Countdown team this year as an analyst, Jaws is gone.

Raiders18
08-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Raider fan, I can see a healthy Raider team being in the relm of a 8-8 to a 10-6 season. Should be a different Raider team this year. I believe this is the year we get out of our slump.

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Raider fan, I can see a healthy Raider team being in the relm of a 8-8 to a 10-6 season. Should be a different Raider team this year. I believe this is the year we get out of our slump.

Dude, I never would have pegged you for a Raider fan with a name like yours.:dancingsmile:

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Cris Carter is joining the NFL Countdown team this year as an analyst, Jaws is gone.

What? I can't believe they got rid of Jaws. He was good.

NFL Countdown was a good show until they got Michael Irvin and then Keyshawn Johnson. Can they please stop it with the pre-madonna wide receivers on there. It's almost as bad as Deion Sanders on NFL Network.

Also, can they please get rid of Tom Jackson. This dude goes on these long diatribes about a team, telling you this and that and this is why they'll perform this way. Then he'll do his pick and go sub .500. I know he really knows his football and is very respected, but his picks each week just don't reflect it.

The best NFL show now though is the one that comes on after the 4pm games on NBC that counts down the Sunday evening game. You can't get any better than Collinsworth, Bettis, Tiki, and Peter King.

Oats420
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
As for the pickem leagues I use Yahoo.com they got a really easy set up and its easy to use.

I like yahoo for mostly everything fantasy related. I'm down for setting up any fantasy football leagues through yahoo.

Macgyver
08-01-2008, 09:40 PM
What? I can't believe they got rid of Jaws. He was good.

NFL Countdown was a good show until they got Michael Irvin and then Keyshawn Johnson. Can they please stop it with the pre-madonna wide receivers on there. It's almost as bad as Deion Sanders on NFL Network.

Also, can they please get rid of Tom Jackson. This dude goes on these long diatribes about a team, telling you this and that and this is why they'll perform this way. Then he'll do his pick and go sub .500. I know he really knows his football and is very respected, but his picks each week just don't reflect it.

The best NFL show now though is the one that comes on after the 4pm games on NBC that counts down the Sunday evening game. You can't get any better than Collinsworth, Bettis, Tiki, and Peter King.

Man...I though everybody like Countdown...especially TJ. I really like TJ. I like his analysis, he is a good speaker, i find he's very level headed.

In contrast to your point of view, I miss Michael Irvin. I used to love it when he was sitting beside Steve Young...I thought they complimented each other so well -The Flamboyant Pre-Madonna Wide Out vs. The typical conservative QB. I thought it was very entertaining, especially because they played against each other for years.

And I agree that it sucks that Jaws is gone. Speaking of Jaws though, just looking at him, you'd never think that he was a QB eh!!

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Man...I though everybody like Countdown...especially TJ. I really like TJ. I like his analysis, he is a good speaker, i find he's very level headed.

In contrast to your point of view, I miss Michael Irvin. I used to love it when he was sitting beside Steve Young...I thought they complimented each other so well -The Flamboyant Pre-Madonna Wide Out vs. The typical conservative QB. I thought it was very entertaining, especially because they played against each other for years.

And I agree that it sucks that Jaws is gone. Speaking of Jaws though, just looking at him, you'd never think that he was a QB eh!!

It's not that I don't like TJ, it's just funny to me how much detail he goes into with his picks and then he ends up wrong more than 1/2 the time.

I stopped watching the show last year because it just got played out. I did like Steve Young on there. The thing that bugs me about Irvin and Johnson is they are constantly siding with TO and those types of players who no one should be siding with.

I really like Ditka though.

Afro
08-02-2008, 04:14 AM
8-8 sounds good, easy schedule up until december.. the only thing that worries me is Nnamdi =(

hunterkiller
08-02-2008, 05:05 AM
8-8 sounds good, easy schedule up until december.. the only thing that worries me is Nnamdi =(

From what I understand, he signed his franchise tag offer and is locked up for this season and they will negotiate again next offseason. The problem is, he wants a Javon Walker-De'Angelo Hall type deal and the Raiders don't have the salary cap space. I too hope they re-sign him.

Oats420
08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Glad you guys took Walker off our hands. Hope the knee holds up. :P

bigsmooth696969
08-03-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm a raiders fan but work security for the Cincinnati Bengals. I think the Radiers will go 7-9 but could go 10-6 if Russell plays up to his capabilities and Javon Walker isn't hurt or wanting to retire. Cincinnati is a toss-up. I could see as bad as 6-10 or as good as 11-5. That division could be the best in football. I still think Cleveland was a fluke but has made the most improvements in the NFL. Pittsburg will flop if Willie Parker isn't 100% healthy. Baltimore is a mystery but if its Defense shows from 06, they could be hell on wheels. Cincinnati's offense could be top 3 in the league if Rudi and Chris Perry are 100%.

riggs
08-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Glad you guys took Walker off our hands. Hope the knee holds up. :P

Its lookin like early retirement if his mri comes back positive. Sure am glad the Chiefs didnt get him like I was hopin. As much of a raider hater as I am I do think they could go 10-6 this year but its just as likely they could go 4-12. All depends on fat boy Russell. Same for the Chiefs, if Croyle could be this great QB Peterson keeps hyping him up to be we could do a lot better than every one expects. That said I dont trust a fucking word that comes out of Carl Peterson's mouth. Until he goes we will never be more than an average team that makes a shit ton of money!!!

Oh and Im down for a pickem league. I set one up on Pickspal.com. Its a pretty cool setup. If anyone is interested pm me your email and I will send you an invite

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Pickems is a great idea. Someone ask the mods to set one up here. I'm sure they can figure something out for that.

And what's that about Walker's knee? Did he hurt it again?

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 07:05 AM
My favorite team is the Jets. We had some key pickups this offseason and a good draft so we will turn it around and go 10-6.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
My favorite team is the Jets. We had some key pickups this offseason and a good draft so we will turn it around and go 10-6.

I'd agree if the Jets had a quarterback. Being that they have none, I don't think they bust .500. If they trade for Favre, then the sky's the limit.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
^ I agree. The Jets have way too many question marks at QB to get 10 wins, although besides the Patriots they have no competition in their division. Even still, I doubt the break .500 unless Pennington can somehow have an amazing run this year... but it's unlikely. I love Vernon Gholston though. He's a freak.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
^ I agree. The Jets have way too many question marks at QB to get 10 wins, although besides the Patriots they have no competition in their division. Even still, I doubt the break .500 unless Pennington can somehow have an amazing run this year... but it's unlikely. I love Vernon Gholston though. He's a freak.

Actually I think the Bills are better than the Jets but they have similar QB issues.

Pennington isn't unquestionably the starter. Kellen Clemens has a good chance of winning that job in training camp and the preseason but he's as unproven as Pennington.

What Pennington needs is a west coast offense. He's very accurate but doesn't have a big arm. He needs a pure west coast offense like the Raiders ran when Rich Gannon was the QB. Gannon didn't have a big arm but he was as accurate as anyone and was a truly great QB those 4-5 years running that West Coast offense in Oakland.

riggs
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Pickems is a great idea. Someone ask the mods to set one up here. I'm sure they can figure something out for that.

And what's that about Walker's knee? Did he hurt it again?

Apparently it wasnt his knee( like I had heard) but the mental issues surrounding the shootings and off-field shit he has had to deal with the last couple years. Al Davis talked him out of it yesterday though and he made a statement saying he wasnt gonna retire now. Good for him. The guy has been through a lot and wish the best for him personally

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Apparently it wasnt his knee( like I had heard) but the mental issues surrounding the shootings and off-field shit he has had to deal with the last couple years. Al Davis talked him out of it yesterday though and he made a statement saying he wasnt gonna retire now. Good for him. The guy has been through a lot and wish the best for him personally

Yea, I just read Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback and he talked about it.

As big a Raiders fan as I am, I don't feel bad for the guy in the least. You put yourself in those positions. It's tragic what has happened but both could have been easily prevented. Both times, witnesses say he was flaunting and showing off inside the club. It's hard to feel bad. I just don't.

I feel bad for Sean Taylor. He was in his home minding his own business. But when you're out partying at all hours of the night, showing off in the club, knowing that you being rich makes you a target, I just can't bring myself to feel bad. I wish the Raiders never had signed him and hopefully they can filll his shoes.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I wish the Raiders never had signed him and hopefully they can feel his shoes.

I don't mean to laugh, but I had to. :P

riggs
08-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Yea, I just read Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback and he talked about it.

As big a Raiders fan as I am, I don't feel bad for the guy in the least. You put yourself in those positions. It's tragic what has happened but both could have been easily prevented. Both times, witnesses say he was flaunting and showing off inside the club. It's hard to feel bad. I just don't.

I feel bad for Sean Taylor. He was in his home minding his own business. But when you're out partying at all hours of the night, showing off in the club, knowing that you being rich makes you a target, I just can't bring myself to feel bad. I wish the Raiders never had signed him and hopefully they can filll his shoes.

Ummm kinda harsh but well put. Noone deserves to have their best briend die in their arms over flaunting money though.

Nitemare
08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Patriots. Big Michigan fan, and followed Brady from Michigan to all of his New England success. IMHO the AFC is way better then the NFC. The Pats, Colts, and Chargers are all better then any NFC team, and you could also argue that the Steelers and Jags are also better. If the Vikings got Favre, they would become a very dangerous team.

Predictions

Cowboys vs. Pats in the Superbowl

The Cowboys are the clear favorite for the NFC. Giants will not do it again, they lost Michael Strahan and shockey. They were a team that put it all out for one year but wont have it in them again. The packers with Favre would probably be the 2nd best NFC team, and i could also see the Vikings and Seahawks making some noise in the NFC.

Beowulf
08-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Jaguars are going to take it all this year, sorry guys.

pa99fighter
08-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Jaguars are going to take it all this year, sorry guys.

I love the jags. They were my pick last year to upset the Pats and win the superbowl. It could happen.

Beowulf
08-05-2008, 04:58 AM
I try to go to as many games as possible, Jaguars have some horrible fans though. People only show up when Jags are winning, and even then not so much. Games have been blacked out so much, they had to cover up a couple thousand seats and it still happens

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Patriots......i Was At There Practice Tonight!

Ifightforaliving
08-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Patriots......i Was At There Practice Tonight!
yeah the Pats are my second favorite team. I have always been a huge Brady fan. That guy is amazing.I would kill for my team to have a QB with half his talent. He just knows the ins and outs and kills defenses all day. Before that I was a pretty big Bledsoe fan also.

sandywh
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Who Dat?

N.O. Saints

NFC South Champs!

hunterkiller
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Who Dat?

N.O. Saints

NFC South Champs!

The Saints are going to need another RB to team with Reggie Bush to be a contender. With McCallister never healthy and Bush not being able to run between the tackles, they need an up and down back to compliment Bush. If they can get that, they'll be scary.

riggs
08-08-2008, 06:21 PM
After last nights preseason opener Im so optimistic about the Chiefs! Brodie starts the game off making pinpoint throws and drives us 82 yards for the score(against the Bears mind you). 5 3rd down conversions and LJ runs it in to top it off. Chan Gailey really might just be the answer we were looking for

I was still disappointed in our D though. Granted we didnt have Dorsey or Edwards playin but our secondary looked just as I expected, horrible! Looking on the bright side though they let the D play some man coverage finally. Last year we only ran man 5% of the snaps.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 07:54 PM
After last nights preseason opener Im so optimistic about the Chiefs! Brodie starts the game off making pinpoint throws and drives us 82 yards for the score(against the Bears mind you). 5 3rd down conversions and LJ runs it in to top it off. Chan Gailey really might just be the answer we were looking for

I was still disappointed in our D though. Granted we didnt have Dorsey or Edwards playin but our secondary looked just as I expected, horrible! Looking on the bright side though they let the D play some man coverage finally. Last year we only ran man 5% of the snaps.

I hate to bust your bubble dude, but the preseason means nothing. Over the last 4 seasons the Raiders have gone 4-0 and 3-1 in pretty much every preaseason only to stink it up the rest of the year. The year Indy won the Super Bowl they were 0-4 in the preseason. It's easy to look great in preseason. It's what happens when it counts that matters.

You have to remember, Kansas City's first team offense being so young has more to prove than Chicago's first team defense who's starting lineup is veterans whose roster spots are safe.

riggs
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I hate to bust your bubble dude, but the preseason means nothing. Over the last 4 seasons the Raiders have gone 4-0 and 3-1 in pretty much every preaseason only to stink it up the rest of the year. The year Indy won the Super Bowl they were 0-4 in the preseason. It's easy to look great in preseason. It's what happens when it counts that matters.

You have to remember, Kansas City's first team offense being so young has more to prove than Chicago's first team defense who's starting lineup is veterans whose roster spots are safe.

I didnt say we were gonna make the playoffs Coy! Its just nice to see our 1st string, Brodie Croyle led offense, drive the field with ease against the 1st string Bears D. Last year we went 0-4 in the preseason and it showed in the regular season. A little confidence booster for all the young players can go a long way.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I didnt say we were gonna make the playoffs Coy! Its just nice to see our 1st string, Brodie Croyle led offense, drive the field with ease against the 1st string Bears D. Last year we went 0-4 in the preseason and it showed in the regular season. A little confidence booster for all the young players can go a long way.

Just a Raiders fan taking a dig at a Chiefs fan. Nothing personal.:grinsmile1:

Beowulf
08-17-2008, 09:44 PM
My two favourite teams are the Dolphins and the Jaguars, which I got to see them play last night. I was extremely impressed with the Dolphins on both sides of the ball. Henne and Pennington both looked really good. Henne had 3 or 4 plays I wouldn't really except out of him. Ricky Williams was slashing like the old Ricky. The defense played great other then giving up 20-25 yard play every now and then. The Jags looked bad though. Drew looked slow, Taylor looked old, Gerard played like crap, and their defense couldn't do anything. I'm hoping the Dolphins can make the playoffs or close to it, still expecting the Jags to make it to the superbowl

riggs
08-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Dolphins dont win 8 games even with Pennington. Way to many holes in all aspects of their team. Jags will make the playoffs though

Witchdoctor
08-18-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm from Indianapolis so I'm obviously a Colts fan.

The AFC is so tough, so it's hard to say. But I'd be shocked if we didn't win at least 12 games and be right there again. Manning, Sanders and Freeney have yet to play this pre-season, so I'm a little nervous until I see them on the field. But Harrison looks healthy, so that's nice to see.

SB Prediction- Colts vs. Cowboys

I also would love a pick'em contest.

hunterkiller
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm from Indianapolis so I'm obviously a Colts fan.

The AFC is so tough, so it's hard to say. But I'd be shocked if we didn't win at least 12 games and be right there again. Manning, Sanders and Freeney have yet to play this pre-season, so I'm a little nervous until I see them on the field. But Harrison looks healthy, so that's nice to see.

SB Prediction- Colts vs. Cowboys

I also would love a pick'em contest.

Not only has Manning not played in the pre-season, he hasn't practiced or worked out with the team. There is fear that the infected bursa sack removed from his knee caused damage to the tendons and ligaments.

I don't think Manning will be healthy enough this year for the Colts to be successful.

scottsec
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
WHO DAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Saints baby!!!! Only thing is our pass defense is still shit and running game a huge question mark...

Witchdoctor
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Not only has Manning not played in the pre-season, he hasn't practiced or worked out with the team. There is fear that the infected bursa sack removed from his knee caused damage to the tendons and ligaments.

I don't think Manning will be healthy enough this year for the Colts to be successful.

You could be right. But I bet you're wrong.

The Colts are always extra careful with their top players.

Paytheplayer
08-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Dont laugh....LIONS
and im predicting a 4-12 season, 5-11 if we get lucky and win one by someone screwing up for us.

Oats420
08-23-2008, 01:05 PM
The Lions destroyed the Broncos last year and i'll never forget it. :(

Paytheplayer
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
The Lions destroyed the Broncos last year and i'll never forget it. :(

Yeah I don't care who you are, if your team loses to the Lions it will ALWAYS be unforgettable. It can either mean one of two things.
Either thats when you realize your team has hit rock bottom OR
Your team was fielding reserves to prevent injury before the playoffs.

Unfortunately for the Broncos, it was the first one.

The only Lions jersey I ever owned was Barry Sanders. Best RB of all time. Nobody has been worth the money ever since. Would any of you get a Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, Joey Harrington or Jon Kitna jersey?

Can anybody tell me what it feels like to root for a football team with a winning record?