PDA

View Full Version : 3 NFL Teams That Could Go 0-16 By Peter Schrager

hunterkiller
08-01-2008, 08:02 PM
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Three teams could make run at 0-16 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8391162/Three-teams-could-make-run-at-0-16)

I like these types of articles and they always make for good debate. I figured I would share it.

riggs
08-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Someone forgot to tell this Schrager fellow that the Chiefs play the Raiders and Broncos at home. Scratch them off the winless list

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Someone forgot to tell this Schrager fellow that the Chiefs play the Raiders and Broncos at home. Scratch them off the winless list

Did you read the entire article. He predicted a 4-12 year for the Chiefs this year. That sounds about right.

Sig bet that the Raiders have a better record this year than the Chiefs?

Ifightforaliving
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
oh shit. I wouldn't take that bet.

Afro
08-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Did you read the entire article. He predicted a 4-12 year for the Chiefs this year. That sounds about right.

Sig bet that the Raiders have a better record this year than the Chiefs?
heh, funny thing is Raiders/Chiefs went 1-1 last season.. we got better, they got worst.. so Chief fans really dont have much room to talk shit right now.

riggs
08-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Man I already got the exact same bet with my roommate for $50! We had to carry it over from last year since we pushed. I would sig bet you but I dont know how to make sigs.

I read the whole article but he also states that those are the 3 teams that could go winless and I just wanted to point out that we wont lose at home to the raiders or donkeys so scratch us of the list. 4-12 sounds about right for both of us give or take 2 games for each

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 04:04 AM

If you honestly think that the Raiders and Broncos are worse off than the Chiefs, you obviously don't know football. The Chiefs traded their best player in Jared Allen for nothing. LJ is always hurt. Brodie Croyle is mediocre at best. Their defense is a wreck. They have nothing going for them. Oakland could have the best secondary in football. Russell is a question mark but their running game is solid. Then you add McFadden into the mix. Oakland could win 10 games.

The Chiefs are gonna suck for the next few years, just get use to it.

MYboyBISPING
08-04-2008, 04:27 AM
I got shit to talk! But am I a betting man. Broncos over Chiefs and Raiders hmmm?

Beowulf
08-04-2008, 04:30 AM
My Jaguars are going to win it all this year, sorry to fans of all the other teams.

riggs
08-04-2008, 05:45 AM
If you honestly think that the Raiders and Broncos are worse off than the Chiefs, you obviously don't know football. The Chiefs traded their best player in Jared Allen for nothing. LJ is always hurt. Brodie Croyle is mediocre at best. Their defense is a wreck. They have nothing going for them. Oakland could have the best secondary in football. Russell is a question mark but their running game is solid. Then you add McFadden into the mix. Oakland could win 10 games.

The Chiefs are gonna suck for the next few years, just get use to it.

The Chiefs are gonna suck for the next couple years yes, but how can you say we traded Allen for nothing? That statement alone shows how much you know about football. He was not gonna re-sign and would he have made us a playoff contender this year? NO! Why wouldnt we have traded him for draft picks when were rebuilding?

LJ has only been injured and missed time once....last year. And Brodie is just as much a question mark as Russell. Sure Russell may have more potential but until he proves himself Im not sold. Shit, how many QBs have gotten as much or more hype and not amounted to anything. Our defense isnt a complete wreck but our secondary sure is. The main factor in the Chiefs success is gonna be the O-line. If Brodie has time to pass and LJ has lanes to run in we could be decent( and by decent I mean 6-10....7-9).

The Raiders are gonna need more than a secondary(which I agree could be the best in football) to turn it around this year. Russell will lose a handfull of games single handedly on turnovers and inexperience. Adrian Peterson couldnt get the Vikings above .500 so I dont see how Mcfadden will do any better.

riggs
08-04-2008, 05:51 AM
heh, funny thing is Raiders/Chiefs went 1-1 last season.. we got better, they got worst.. so Chief fans really dont have much room to talk shit right now.

Sorry to double post but we have won 9 of 10 against you. I think that pretty much gives Chiefs fans the right to talk shit for a while

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 06:20 AM
The Chiefs are gonna suck for the next couple years yes, but how can you say we traded Allen for nothing? That statement alone shows how much you know about football. He was not gonna re-sign and would he have made us a playoff contender this year? NO! Why wouldnt we have traded him for draft picks when were rebuilding?

LJ has only been injured and missed time once....last year. And Brodie is just as much a question mark as Russell. Sure Russell may have more potential but until he proves himself Im not sold. Shit, how many QBs have gotten as much or more hype and not amounted to anything. Our defense isnt a complete wreck but our secondary sure is. The main factor in the Chiefs success is gonna be the O-line. If Brodie has time to pass and LJ has lanes to run in we could be decent( and by decent I mean 6-10....7-9).

The Raiders are gonna need more than a secondary(which I agree could be the best in football) to turn it around this year. Russell will lose a handfull of games single handedly on turnovers and inexperience. Adrian Peterson couldnt get the Vikings above .500 so I dont see how Mcfadden will do any better.

To me, it is INSANE to trade a franchise player for draft picks that may never turn out. It makes no sense. You need help now too. LJ can not carry the Chiefs. Opposing DEF's are gonna key in on him, making Brody beat them and I don't see it happening. They would have been beter off trading LJ last year, it makes more sense.

Now Russell losing games single handedly is kinda harsh. I agree, his decision making could be better but no one loses games 100% by themselves.

Peterson made the Vikings a better team. Without him, everyone blitz's Tavaris and he gets killed. AP gave him an out so to speak. TJ also is fast so he can scramble out of trouble. Without AP, the Vikes go 3-13 MAYBE.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Sorry to double post but we have won 9 of 10 against you. I think that pretty much gives Chiefs fans the right to talk shit for a while

How many Super Bowl rings and appearances do the Chiefs compared to the Raiders.

The Raiders have sucked ass for 5 years now because their owner is old and senile. What's the Chiefs excuse. Oh yea, instead of building a team, they let every single player get old and instead of drafting a QB, they are putting their hopes in BRODIE CROYLE. At least Damon Huard won some games when Green went down with that concussion.

I also don't understand you calling Russell over hyped. He's been nothing but criticized since he signed last year. Oh he's overweight, oh he missed training camp, oh this, oh that. The media has talked nothing but crap about Russell since the Raiders took him last year.

If Russell is good, the Raiders are the turnaround team of the year, if he's a bust, it's 5 more years of shit for the Raiders.

The Chief's woes have no end in sight.

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey Afro or Coy 4 month sig bet that the Jets do better then the Raiders?

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Afro or Coy 4 month sig bet that the Jets do better then the Raiders?

Nothing inappropriate because I post at work most of the time and can't post inappropriate stuff like 2 dudes in a bathtub or some chick ripping her shirt off.

This sig bet void if Favre gets traded to the Jets.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Chiefs will not beat the Broncos this season.

Raiders fans and Chiefs fans dissing each others teams is awesome to read as a Broncos fan. You all make good points about how bad your teams are. :P :laughing4:

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Chiefs will not beat the Broncos this season.

Raiders fans and Chiefs fans dissing each others teams is awesome to read as a Broncos fan. You all make good points about how bad your teams are. :P :laughing4:

Laugh if you want but the Broncos are just as bad off as the Chiefs and Raiders.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I know, i'm just extremly biased. I have an extreme passion for the Broncos and love to hate on the division. I don't mean any offence by anything, it's just the fun of the sport. I'm sure we're all gonna have some great conversations through-out this season. Bring it on!

riggs
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
How many Super Bowl rings and appearances do the Chiefs compared to the Raiders.

The Raiders have sucked ass for 5 years now because their owner is old and senile. What's the Chiefs excuse. Oh yea, instead of building a team, they let every single player get old and instead of drafting a QB, they are putting their hopes in BRODIE CROYLE. At least Damon Huard won some games when Green went down with that concussion.

I also don't understand you calling Russell over hyped. He's been nothing but criticized since he signed last year. Oh he's overweight, oh he missed training camp, oh this, oh that. The media has talked nothing but crap about Russell since the Raiders took him last year.

If Russell is good, the Raiders are the turnaround team of the year, if he's a bust, it's 5 more years of shit for the Raiders.

The Chief's woes have no end in sight.
Do your research buddy. If it wasnt for the Chiefs and Lamar Hunt there wouldnt be a super bowl.

The Chiefs excuse is basically the same as the Raiders. We have the stupidest GM in football. He is out for the money and not for the championships. That will all change in 3 years when his contract is up and Lamar Hunts kid wants to put his own stamp on the history of the NFL.

And I completely agree with OATS420. This is all good divisional smack talk. I live with a Raiders fan so I could argue all day about this shit. I love it ....lets keep it going

riggs
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
To me, it is INSANE to trade a franchise player for draft picks that may never turn out. It makes no sense. You need help now too. LJ can not carry the Chiefs. Opposing DEF's are gonna key in on him, making Brody beat them and I don't see it happening. They would have been beter off trading LJ last year, it makes more sense.

Now Russell losing games single handedly is kinda harsh. I agree, his decision making could be better but no one loses games 100% by themselves.

Peterson made the Vikings a better team. Without him, everyone blitz's Tavaris and he gets killed. AP gave him an out so to speak. TJ also is fast so he can scramble out of trouble. Without AP, the Vikes go 3-13 MAYBE.

100% agree we should have traded LJ last year. After the season he had we would have cleaned up on that trade. But like I said Allen wasnt coming back and you can only franchise tag a guy 2 years so it was either trade him and get as much as we could or have him 1 more year when everyone knew we still wouldnt be a playoff team and then get nothing out of him.

I wasnt trying to insult Russell persay just trying to make the point that young QBS make crucial mistakes that lose games. Happens to the best of em.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Do your research buddy. If it wasnt for the Chiefs and Lamar Hunt there wouldnt be a super bowl.

The Chiefs excuse is basically the same as the Raiders. We have the stupidest GM in football. He is out for the money and not for the championships. That will all change in 3 years when his contract is up and Lamar Hunts kid wants to put his own stamp on the history of the NFL.

And I completely agree with OATS420. This is all good divisional smack talk. I live with a Raiders fan so I could argue all day about this shit. I love it ....lets keep it going

I know, I know, the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry goes back to the old AFL days before there was a Super Bowl. I'm just saying, the Raiders hold more rings and playoff wins than the Chiefs.

It's going to be very fun to debate you all season long. To me, the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry is about the best in football. There are few others that match the intensity.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Who'd want to watch two under-achieving teams compete against each other? Unless they were battling it out for #1 draft pick or something. :confusedsmilie:

:dbanana:

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Nothing inappropriate because I post at work most of the time and can't post inappropriate stuff like 2 dudes in a bathtub or some chick ripping her shirt off.

This sig bet void if Favre gets traded to the Jets.

Alright thats cool. nothing inappropriate is fine with me I can't stand gay sigs anyways. I wish we were getting Favre but we have nothing to offer but picks which were not gonna trade.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Alright thats cool. nothing inappropriate is fine with me I can't stand gay sigs anyways. I wish we were getting Favre but we have nothing to offer but picks which were not gonna trade.

One of the reasons the Patriots are so successful is because of the lack of competition in their division. The Jets are a solid QB away from giving them that competition. What has plagued the Jets is their commitment to Pennington. He doesn't have the arm strength for their offense. Letting Lamont Jordan go was pretty stupid too.

What do we do for sigs? I change mine every few days so a caption underneath the sigs seems the best solution. I could say something like Jets owned the Raiders or something like that. Up to you.

riggs
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I know, I know, the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry goes back to the old AFL days before there was a Super Bowl. I'm just saying, the Raiders hold more rings and playoff wins than the Chiefs.

It's going to be very fun to debate you all season long. To me, the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry is about the best in football. There are few others that match the intensity.

Agreed! I have a feeling we are gonna be going at it all season.

Chiefs/Raiders is hands down the most heated rivalry. Maybe not the most competitive(both teams seem to go on streaks) but if you love football it gets no better. Oh and congrats on the new addition

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
One of the reasons the Patriots are so successful is because of the lack of competition in their division. The Jets are a solid QB away from giving them that competition. What has plagued the Jets is their commitment to Pennington. He doesn't have the arm strength for their offense. Letting Lamont Jordan go was pretty stupid too.

What do we do for sigs? I change mine every few days so a caption underneath the sigs seems the best solution. I could say something like Jets owned the Raiders or something like that. Up to you.

yeah just a little quote boasting on what team is better. I feel Pennington is a good qb if he has a good line like he did in 06. last year they lost Pete Kendall and the line sucked but now that we have Faneca to mentor all of our younger players we should be much better. Our defensive line was complete garbage last year but the addition of Pace and Gholston should make it much better.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
yeah just a little quote boasting on what team is better. I feel Pennington is a good qb if he has a good line like he did in 06. last year they lost Pete Kendall and the line sucked but now that we have Faneca to mentor all of our younger players we should be much better. Our defensive line was complete garbage last year but the addition of Pace and Gholston should make it much better.

Pennington would thrive in a pure west coast offense because he's very accurate, just lacks the arm strength to get it downfield.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't call Pennington an accurate QB, only because he has alot of off games. He's not too consistent, but he can catch fire sometimes. If he does become the starter and catch that fire, then the Jets have a legitimate chance to maybe get a wildcard.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't call Pennington an accurate QB, only because he has alot of off games. He's not too consistent, but he can catch fire sometimes. If he does become the starter and catch that fire, then the Jets have a legitimate chance to maybe get a wildcard.

Pennington is a 60+ percent passer in his career. That's about as good as it gets. His problem isn't accuracy. He can't make the big, long throws when he needs to and that causes them to lose games. He may have a man beat down field but he underthrows it and is picked off.

In a short, west coast offense, he could be killer.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
I agree with you, but either way Pennington is the obvious choice as starter, imo.

MYboyBISPING
08-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Damn I got in on this a little to late. I believe Oats420 is the winner in this little discussion. Damn I cant wait for some football.

1. I hate the Chief's more then I hate the Raiders.
2. Chad's has a very accurate arm its just because of the shoulder injuries he doesn't scare anybody on the deep ball its just too bad I like watch him play.
3. Favre will probably end up with the Viking, which is freaking crazy but that's sports now a days. I think the Pack needs to move on even though Aaron will probably get hurt in the preseason or the first game.

pa99fighter
08-05-2008, 04:51 AM
I agree with you, but either way Pennington is the obvious choice as starter, imo.

I want pennington to start. alot of fans want Clemens because of his strong arm but in 10 games only 8 started he had 5 tds and 10 ints. We will be a lock for the playoffs if 2006 Pennington shows up and can lead this team. If neither qb shows up we're screwed. Imagine all the things Favre could do for this team lol

hunterkiller
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I want pennington to start. alot of fans want Clemens because of his strong arm but in 10 games only 8 started he had 5 tds and 10 ints. We will be a lock for the playoffs if 2006 Pennington shows up and can lead this team. If neither qb shows up we're screwed. Imagine all the things Favre could do for this team lol

That's why I said our sig bet is void if Favre shows up. The Jets have the pieces they need with the exception of QB. That's their achilles heel.

The Raiders are in the same boat. They have the best secondary in football, a dynamic 3 back running game, some decent receivers and a a good defense. It's QB that leaves questions. If Russell is good, the Raiders will be strong. If he's bad, then they fail.

I have a trivia question for you. Who is on the Raiders roster right now who played for the Raiders for several years, then played for the Jets for one year and is now back with the Raiders? I'll rep you if you can answer right. No wikipedia or ESPN. Honor system!

Brutus
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
if it weren't for devon hester and a healthy bears defense, i would nominate chicago. orton or grossman? thats like trying to choose between herpes and losing a nut in a knife fight. both suck.

whoever is saying the raiders have a chance at beating the chiefs if off their rocker. I am a raider fan and was rooting for them in the superbowl a few years back. I love the fans. the front office is a whole nother story. The chiefs will beat them and have a tough time with denver, even at home(assuming the rest of their offense doesn't get arrested along with that degenerate marshall). if you're gonna mention the chiefs going 0-16 then the raiders must be in that picture as well. i really dont think their defense is even all that wonderful, granted they have an improved secondary from years past.

my personal pic for 0-16 is the New York Fucking Jets. they play in a shitty division but they have miami away, not to say that miami is good at home but since both teams are pretty piss poor, i'll take teh dolphins. the only other team on the schedule that i see them beating is the raiders and they are in oakland this year i believe. It may actually come down to the last game of the year when miami comes to town. i give them a 50/50 shot on that one. I'm still bitter about thomas jones leaving the bears for them but regardless, I think they got a shot at 0-16.

oh, dont forget about the lions. they suck ass too.

Afro
08-05-2008, 06:57 PM
How the hell are the Raiders in that 0-16 picture? with the offseason that they have had? and the easy schedule they have up until December.. thats just crazy talk.. The Raiders arent playoff contenders but there not among the worst teams in the NFL.

Ya the Raiders have an impressive secondary.. sure.. but they had a Top 5 rushing offense last year.. and added McFadden to that.. Russell has another year under his belt as well.. and the defense overall didnt degrade.. its improved in all areas.

and most importantly.. the Raiders added more offensive linemen which has been the achilles heel for the past 5 years.. its still a somewhat underachieving, not-so-great OL but its not gonna be nearly as bad as it has been and it should be solid with guys like Carlisle, and John Wade

So I just dont see a reasonable argument for the Raiders being 0-16.. its not biased talk, its just simple.. they have talent on that team.. and even ESPN has recgonized that.

I mean your talkin about a team that had a Top 5 Rushing offense, had a 1,000 yard back thats gonna split carries with someone who was considered the most talented player in the draft.. and another RB who was first round material.. then you got a Defense that has a talented secondary.. and Two LBs who had a combined 10 INTs last year.. with a D-line that has holes, but Burgess is a 2x pro bowler and hes gonna be playing opposite of Greg Spires, Kalimba Edwards.. etc who are solid DEs.. this team just isnt untalented enough to be in the 0-16 talks.. the Chiefs have injuries and inexperience.. there not an untalented team.. they are rebuilding.. Raiders are rebuilding too but they started last year.. Chiefs are startin' this year.

riggs
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
whoever is saying the raiders have a chance at beating the chiefs if off their rocker. I am a raider fan and was rooting for them in the superbowl a few years back. I love the fans. the front office is a whole nother story. The chiefs will beat them and have a tough time with denver, even at home(assuming the rest of their offense doesn't get arrested along with that degenerate marshall). if you're gonna mention the chiefs going 0-16 then the raiders must be in that picture as well. i really dont think their defense is even all that wonderful, granted they have an improved secondary from years past.

I like the way you think brother!

And Coy thats a hard ass question. The only person I can even think of that has played for both teams is Lamont Jordan but he's not on your roster now. Damn I wanna cheat

Brutus
08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
How the hell are the Raiders in that 0-16 picture? with the offseason that they have had? and the easy schedule they have up until December.. thats just crazy talk.. The Raiders arent playoff contenders but there not among the worst teams in the NFL.

Ya the Raiders have an impressive secondary.. sure.. but they had a Top 5 rushing offense last year.. and added McFadden to that.. Russell has another year under his belt as well.. and the defense overall didnt degrade.. its improved in all areas.

and most importantly.. the Raiders added more offensive linemen which has been the achilles heel for the past 5 years.. its still a somewhat underachieving, not-so-great OL but its not gonna be nearly as bad as it has been and it should be solid with guys like Carlisle, and John Wade

So I just dont see a reasonable argument for the Raiders being 0-16.. its not biased talk, its just simple.. they have talent on that team.. and even ESPN has recgonized that.

I mean your talkin about a team that had a Top 5 Rushing offense, had a 1,000 yard back thats gonna split carries with someone who was considered the most talented player in the draft.. and another RB who was first round material.. then you got a Defense that has a talented secondary.. and Two LBs who had a combined 10 INTs last year.. with a D-line that has holes, but Burgess is a 2x pro bowler and hes gonna be playing opposite of Greg Spires, Kalimba Edwards.. etc who are solid DEs.. this team just isnt untalented enough to be in the 0-16 talks.. the Chiefs have injuries and inexperience.. there not an untalented team.. they are rebuilding.. Raiders are rebuilding too but they started last year.. Chiefs are startin' this year.

I actually am going to do something that I never really do, I will change my decision based on the fact that I completely forgot about mcfadden and that backfield all together. I still dont see them beating the chiefs but if the ground game can run thru that defense it could be a good game. WOW, i completely forgot about the backfield. my bad.

I just looked at the schedule and they have the jets, dolphins and falcons all before december. I didnt do my homework. It is possible to lose to all three but not likely. I'll stick with the jets as my pick just because i have a feeling.....and i dont like them. good call afro.

riggs
08-05-2008, 07:12 PM
^^^^^ The Jets, Raiders, and the Chiefs will not go winless this year. Especially the Jets! No way with their talant will they not win a game, qb issues or not. The obvious choices imo are Atlanta and Miami.

pa99fighter
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I just looked at the schedule and they have the jets, dolphins and falcons all before december. I didnt do my homework. It is possible to lose to all three but not likely. I'll stick with the jets as my pick just because i have a feeling.....and i dont like them. good call afro.

Are you kidding me? The Jets have a better chance at winning 12 games then they do going 0-16 lol. Your going to pick us to go winless against the Dolphins, that better have been a joke.

Brutus
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Are you kidding me? The Jets have a better chance at winning 12 games then they do going 0-16 lol. Your going to pick us to go winless against the Dolphins, that better have been a joke.

lol, i'm still trying to trick myself into believing that they will lose both games. as i said in my previous posts, I just dont like the jets. I wouldn't bet a fucking cent on them going 0 for it but I think they gotta shot, a long one, but a shot. Hey, i even said the bears would have a chance too. I'm an equal opportunity NFL team hater.

did you get my pm about the fantasy league?

^^^^^ The Jets, Raiders, and the Chiefs will not go winless this year. Especially the Jets! No way with their talant will they not win a game, qb issues or not. The obvious choices imo are Atlanta and Miami.

cant really argue with you there.

hunterkiller
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I like the way you think brother!

And Coy thats a hard ass question. The only person I can even think of that has played for both teams is Lamont Jordan but he's not on your roster now. Damn I wanna cheat

Lamont Jordan played for the Jets first, then the Raiders, now the Patriots. That answer would be incorrect.

The correct answer is QB Marques Tuiasosopo. He was Rich Gannon's backup for several seasons, then signed with the Jets as a free agent for one year before returning to the Raiders.

I happen to believe he would do well given a chance. His only real chance of starting came when Gannon broke his neck but in the same game, he also got hurt starting the domino effect of the Raiders being the worst team in football for 4+ years.

I actually am going to do something that I never really do, I will change my decision based on the fact that I completely forgot about mcfadden and that backfield all together. I still dont see them beating the chiefs but if the ground game can run thru that defense it could be a good game. WOW, i completely forgot about the backfield. my bad.

They beat the Cheifs last year and have gotten significantly better when the Chiefs have done nothing but lose pieces that could help them. I say they sweep the Chiefs this year.

I don't think the writer of the article intended for the Raiders to be included in this talk. The Raiders clearly took great strides in improving last year and even though they went 4-12, they were competitive and even lead in the 4th quarter in almost every game. They just couldn't finish a game because Josh McCown insisted on giving the defense the ball at every turn. Him leaving makes the Raiders a contender IMO.

Oats420
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I don't think the writer of the article intended for the Raiders to be included in this talk. The Raiders clearly took great strides in improving last year and even though they went 4-12, they were competitive and even lead in the 4th quarter in almost every game. They just couldn't finish a game because Josh McCown insisted on giving the defense the ball at every turn. Him leaving makes the Raiders a contender IMO.

The Raiders are always unpredictable... this year especially. I can see them failing miserably, and I can see them going 9-7... ish. They have a pretty decent team (and that's hard to say as a Broncos fan), but they just need to play more as a team.

Afro
08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Even with Brett Favre, Jets made major stepbacks on defense this season.. hard to see them winning 12 games.