PDA

View Full Version : Member/MOD fighting

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Lately, all I have been seeing are members and Mods going apeshit on each other. Sometimes it seems like the members start it and egg it on but I also am seeing Mods not letting things go. I really like this sight and it is very informative and they are my favorite forums but this is starting to turn me off.

As stated in another thread, I support a location in forums where this shit starts and stops. A catagory so to speak where all the shit talking takes place. Therefore, if someone wants to read about general mma nwes, they can do so without all the bickering and useless bitching posts. If someone starts shit in an unauthorized thread, they get warned, suspended, banned! I don't want to read this stupid shit and bitching in 60% of the threads. I have a wife that does just fine in that catagory.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 05:16 AM
u do realize that all you have done is create another thread for bitching, right?

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 05:21 AM
u do realize that all you have done is create another thread for bitching, right?

Naw, I am just asking for it to be kept in 1 place. Thats it. So people who care about it, can read it. People who don't care can ignore it.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:23 AM

LOL

Maybe it's another smurf account. Maybe Tom Cruise will respond...

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 05:25 AM
well my advice to everyone on the forum is to not argue with any of the mods or express your opinion at all, even in a civil manner regarding touchy situations such as people's banning because regardless of whether you are right or wrong it doesnt matter.

if you piss 1 or 2 of them off, more then likely there will be consequences no matter if what you did warranted the consequences or not. As a poster your best bet is to agree with everything that they say and if you dont agree with them, then pretend to or they can fuck you up.

At the end of the day this place is not a democracy. It's a discussion board that's RUN by mods/administrators. They can do whatever the hell they want, so just dont cross them in any way shape or form.

That pretty much sums it up. If people will take my advice then it should be a non issue.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Naw, I am just asking for it to be kept in 1 place. Thats it. So people who care about it, can read it. People who don't care can ignore it.

I can agree with that actually. However, it's a 2 way street with staff as well. Questions are raised, points made, quotes used in other threads and that's how it all rehashes in other areas. If this were to be followed then the staff should also adhere to it.

Edit: Not all the staff members act in the same manner. if you go back and look at the center of any of these posts you usually see a pattern. Like anything, some good, some bad.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 05:28 AM
I can agree with that actually. However, it's a 2 way street with staff as well. Questions are raised, points made, quotes used in other threads and that's how it all rehashes in other areas. If this were to be followed then the staff should also adhere to it.

I totally see your point. It's just rediculous when all I wanna do is read a post and I have to scroll throught 3 pages of 2 people fighting. It just gets old. I am not singling anyone out because damn, I was guilty of it many times when I first came on this forum. It is just getting old, especially as of late.

lilp86
08-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Yeah I havent seen any arguing in the main forum mostly the off topic. Mod or not sometime people just dont get along. I have really seen a bunch of bitching over really nothing lately. People got sand in there vaginas latley for some reason and I dont know why maybe its the high gas prices or something. I think once the majority of the forum learns to take a joke again things will get back to normal

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 06:07 AM
I think once the majority of the forum learns to take a joke again things will get back to normal

lmao wtf? you have absolutely no idea. I'm going to leave it at that because I'm on thin ice as it is

pillow
08-04-2008, 06:22 AM
People like to bitch.
O god you're always saying stuff like this, can you believe it? It never stops with you, you ninny

Brutus
08-04-2008, 06:29 AM
the bitching back and forth lately has really been consistent if nothing else. I really dont think there is a good reason for certain people to be treated the way they have been and IMO all this shit could be avoided with a little bit of meditation. seriously tho, everyone should chill on the hostility around here. lets try to stick to the topic being discussed, whether it be mma or non-mma related. Arguing is great for forums, without it they probably would be the most boring places to go on the internet, but some need to a. Debate, not argue, like adults, b. not be so fucking sensitive and c. come to realize that not everyone shares the same fucking opinion so maybe try to look at it from another persons perspective.

flaming lately has been crazy too. most unwarranted but there isn't much to do about that unless mmanews.com starts running a nazi anti-flaming camp and bans every motherfucker that decides to call someone a douche or dumbass. However, responding to someones post with material that contains nothing to do with the topic and is intended only to insult is bullshit. this is the kind of shit that can be stopped and a "situation" can easily be avoided.

Ok, i'm done, I didnt intend to offend or agree/disagree with anyone. just another opinion from a lowly forum member.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Fucking Evil Mods/Admins.

They make so much damn money it's ridiculous.

Also, most if not all of the bitching/arguing that has been going on has been outside of the General MMA section.....

I swear to god that I try to give you the best forum I can.

I was using the General MMA forum as an example. I know its in sections like video games. WTF? Seriously??? Could we do a bitchfest section Sundance, using guidelines and trying to keep shit there?

Brutus
08-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I was using the General MMA forum as an example. I know its in sections like video games. WTF? Seriously??? Could we do a bitchfest section Sundance, using guidelines and trying to keep shit there?

its a good idea, in theory, but dont you think that it'll spill over into all other forums as certain posters may hold grudges?

2mcgrath
08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
flaming and arguing will always happen no matter what,nothing much can be done.best thing to do is stay out of it,dont get involved. thats what i do.i do however like to read a flamewar or such every now and then.i dont think ive been in any flamewars the whole time ive been here,maybe a few arguments but thats about it.myself i would rather joke around and shit as to have arguments

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 06:42 AM
flaming and arguing will always happen no matter what,nothing much can be done.best thing to do is stay out of it,dont get involved. thats what i do.i do however like to read a flamewar or such every now and then.i dont think ive been in any flamewars the whole time ive been here,maybe a few arguments but thats about it

Oh, I do try to stay out of it but it is just turning me, and others I have PM'ed with, off of the forums. I think a section with very strict guidelines would stop or should I say curb the insanity. It all stays in 1 catagory. If it spills over...suspend, ban, hole, whatever needs to be done. I see alot of people just trying to bait others into a huge war of words. Maybe I'll just look for another forum. I like this one but shit gets old quick.

Frag x 3
08-04-2008, 07:33 AM
I feel like people have said some offensive shit to me, about me, or about my loved ones for no reason. It's pretty lame, but I just ignore it. They'll go away, they're only looking to piss off someone .

sodium_nitrate
08-04-2008, 07:39 AM
is there some reason other than for shits and giggles that the mods or admins are creating these fake accounts or are posing as banned members? what the fuck is up with that shit.

i'm not very vocal with defending assholes, i'm an asshole myself. to each his own. but mods or admins rehashing these things over and over again is pretty lame. there's a reason why this shit keeps getting brought back up:
the mods/admins fucked up and abused their power and aren't willing to apologize or be held accountable for their actions. actually, just sitting and watching a lot of things that have gone down over the past week has been an eye opening experience as to how little control over the mods and admins the site owners have been having.

i say defending assholes, because palma was an asshole. he was a pretty smart asshole, but he did have a bit of a point, however much it was lost in his rant. he could have let his kept his emotions in check and taken some time to put it into something a little more tactful. but he didn't.

I already posted them but here they are again:
Quote:
12) No stirring up trouble.
The intention of the posting of the Pm was obviously to stir up trouble.

the intention of posting a joke account that some people find annoying is stirring up trouble. the intention of reviving the trigg resistance, which caused a lot of shit before both 'groups' got shut down, is stirring up trouble. there was a reason those groups got shut down. the intention of posing as hypergit, a banned member that went crazy, was to stir up trouble. there's probably more shit, but this is just stuff i came across this past week that seems to be an issue that i would like a few answers to.

if an admin can create a joke account and mess around without any kind of recourse, what king of message are you sending to your members? if you say that 'it's cool because most people thought it was ok', it feels like you're not thinking about all of your forum members or respecting their opinons as well.
if majority rules, why don't you hold a poll on whether or not to wipe palma's ban slate clean? i couldn't care less, but this feels like a similar situation.

this is more a question for the heads of the mod/admin teams:
what kind of reprimands do you guys in power do or what exactly do you say to these actions in order to keep the peace?
what are you willing to say to the forum members in order to ensure that the mods/admins are keeping in line, as well as forum members?
do you think that mods/admins messing with the forum members or abusing their power reflects well on the forum or the site in general?

i could really give two shits about the backroom politics that have been going on recently, as long as i have the freedom to check out mma give my opinion on it. i just hope that this shit gets sorted out soon.:sadsong:

ILJO
08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
when this many opinionated people gather to share their opinions, there will no doubt be hostility.

The thing to do is to try to be an adult and if that does not work then that is what the mods/admins are here for.

A section for people to bitch is a terrible idea. The reason the bitching starts is when people share their opinions in a thread

what would be the thread titles in a bitching section:

post all bitchy posts here?

Frag x 3
08-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I know for a fact who's behind the joke account that blatantly made fun of my girlfriend. I think it's dumb, but I'll survive.

Ifightforaliving
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
is there some reason other than for shits and giggles that the mods or admins are creating these fake accounts or are posing as banned members? what the fuck is up with that shit.

i'm not very vocal with defending assholes, i'm an asshole myself. to each his own. but mods or admins rehashing these things over and over again is pretty lame. there's a reason why this shit keeps getting brought back up:
the mods/admins fucked up and abused their power and aren't willing to apologize or be held accountable for their actions. actually, just sitting and watching a lot of things that have gone down over the past week has been an eye opening experience as to how little control over the mods and admins the site owners have been having.

i say defending assholes, because palma was an asshole. he was a pretty smart asshole, but he did have a bit of a point, however much it was lost in his rant. he could have let his kept his emotions in check and taken some time to put it into something a little more tactful. but he didn't.

the intention of posting a joke account that some people find annoying is stirring up trouble. the intention of reviving the trigg resistance, which caused a lot of shit before both 'groups' got shut down, is stirring up trouble. there was a reason those groups got shut down. the intention of posing as hypergit, a banned member that went crazy, was to stir up trouble. there's probably more shit, but this is just stuff i came across this past week that seems to be an issue that i would like a few answers to.

if an admin can create a joke account and mess around without any kind of recourse, what king of message are you sending to your members? if you say that 'it's cool because most people thought it was ok', it feels like you're not thinking about all of your forum members or respecting their opinons as well.
if majority rules, why don't you hold a poll on whether or not to wipe palma's ban slate clean? i couldn't care less, but this feels like a similar situation.

what kind of reprimands do you guys in power do or what exactly do you say to these actions in order to keep the peace?
what are you willing to say to the forum members in order to ensure that the mods/admins are keeping in line, as well as forum members?
do you think that mods/admins messing with the forum members or abusing their power reflects well on the forum or the site in general?

i could really give two shits about the backroom politics that have been going on recently, as long as i have the freedom to check out mma give my opinion on it. i just hope that this shit gets sorted out soon.:sadsong:
this pretty much sums everything up well.

leedogg900
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
free palma!

Clint
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Because a member is only a Troll if they are causing problems. If most members like the account (keep in mind it existed for months without a single complaint as have many others, mostly from regular users) then they aren't really a troll, they are entertaining. There is a difference between an intention to cause problems and an intention to cause entertainment.

Flaming is flaming is flaming. So there is no need to see what the forum thinks to determine whether or not a rule was broken.

We have to work with the will or the majority because we cannot please everyone. Some people are offended by cursing should we ban all cursing? I'm sure some people don't like the politics discussions maybe we should ban them too. Never mind that a large majority enjoy those things if we are going to argue that we should aim to please everyone then it should apply to everything not just when it works for an arguement.

Since I started as an Admin (which was from the start of this forum) there have always been people complaining about how something was handled but always the large majority has been happy. You can't please everyone all the time.

do you think that mods/admins messing with the forum members or abusing their power reflects well on the forum or the site in general

There are procedures when someone is out of line but nothing with the Steel, Palma, etc situation was out of line.

sandywh
08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Cunt

^^hey cool it still works

Now everyone just STFU and get back to meaningful MMA discussions. We just went through what has been the biggest lot of MMA in forever and all some of you whiny little bitches can do is keep the drama alive by posting in these threads.

Noone wanted Palma around more than me and I have yet to say anything about it. Steel, too. Just get back to why we are all here.

Can't we all just get along?

#1taz
08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Disclaimer: This is just MY OPINION based on years of owning, adminning, modding,and being a member on too many sites/forums to count. So assume that every sentence starts with "IMHO..." OK?

It's been my experience whether it's at home, at work, or in public - "do as I say not as I do" just doesn't work. It doesn't get your kid's respect, it doesn't get your employees/co-worker's respect, and it doesn't work on any website or forum. It's better to be respected for being honest, hardworking and having integrity - than to be popularfor playing fast and loose with the rules.

Make no mistake that a forum is a business - it generates revenue. And as a business, it must be run professionally. Whether you get paid or volunteer - you accepted the job and the responsibility to act like a professional as you do whatever you are assigned. From the top admin to the newest noob - everyone should follow the same set of rules. And all staff members must have the honesty and integrity to lead by example. They of all people should set the standard that everyone follows.

You can't have it both ways. You can't go around making excuses for staff members or long term members bending or breaking rules - and then punish others just because of them not being on the staff, their low post count, newly joined date, or low rep point count for doing the same thing.

That just tells members that your staff can't be trusted or respected, and the rules aren't worth reading. And that all anyone has to do is hang around long enough sucking up to and ducking from the staff and the long-time members to get their post and rep point count up - and then they can do whatever want. And all noobs wind up getting get punked a lot untill they either leave....or decide to tough it out long enough.

Then instead of a site being a well-run business, you have a huge mess on your hands that has become a big pecking order - with flaming, trolling, and bitching all over. And most people that could have been great members take off fast or don't post any more than they have to - and the rest just hang around untill they can start being the bully instead of the one gettin' bullied.

And that folks aint good for business at all. Respect, honesty, and integrity is all you have in this business. Lose that - and you are in trouble.

(Note: see Sherdog.com...lol)

...That just my $.02 worth everyone - take it or leave it.

Steel
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
There are procedures when someone is out of line but nothing with the Steel, Palma, etc situation was out of line.

And that is your opinion. Personally, I think it's hypocritical to not hold the staff to the same values and behavior you expect to hold the community to..lead by example.

However, it's just my opinion and this is a privately owned site, so if the decision to hold a double standard is the way they want to go, than they can.

I know for a fact who's behind the joke account that blatantly made fun of my girlfriend. I think it's dumb, but I'll survive.

The same thing happened with Clint a while back.

Fucking Evil Mods/Admins.

They make so much damn money it's ridiculous.

Also, most if not all of the bitching/arguing that has been going on has been outside of the General MMA section.....

I swear to god that I try to give you the best forum I can.

That is your choice Sundance. There are always options for those who want it bad enough.

There wouldn't bitching if things were handled properly and that is NOT reflection on you.

You do a great job with what you able to handle. You can be a great plane crewman but it doesn't mean anything when the Captain and Co-Pilot are blindly flying the craft into the mountains.

Plus, I think most people wonder who the Captain really is sometimes.

You are loved Sundance. I'm not going to swallow or anything, but I'll give you some vodka.

Clint
08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
And that is your opinion. Personally, I think it's hypocritical to not hold the staff to the same values and behavior you expect to hold the community to..lead by example.

However, it's just my opinion and this is a privately owned site, so if the decision to hold a double standard is the way they want to go, than they can.

But how is it a double standard when we let the regular user spoof accounts go?

The same thing happened with Clint a while back.

They posted photoshopped pictures and made sexual references about her. Although if Frag has links I will take a look.

Steel
08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
But how is it a double standard when we let the regular user spoof accounts go?

They posted photoshopped pictures and made sexual references about her. Although if Frag has links I will take a look.

Actually, I was referring to the actions not the smurf accounts, but no member used those accounts to that extent.

I have no idea what exactly happened to Frag..that suck that you went through that though.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmm, this isn't where I wanted to go with this thread. Oh well, I guess I will start looking for another forum. Mods, could you please close this thread because I wanted to avoid bitching, not start it.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Hmmmmm, this isn't where I wanted to go with this thread. Oh well, I guess I will start looking for another forum. Mods, could you please close this thread because I wanted to avoid bitching, not start it.

lmao

Bullock
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM

I said your gf looked liked she was out of your league. I don't see how that is blatantly making fun of your gf. That is a complement to both her and in a way you, b/c it says that you can pull chicks that are out of your league. When people have said to me I take it as a complement.

I don't see how you think that is blatantly making fun of her at all.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
lmao

You called it! You da man!

Sundance, is your saying under your screen name based off of the 7 year old boy who steals his grandma's car?

Maybe mine will be I wanted to do hood rat stuff or Can my mom help her.

ChuckBooty
08-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I said your gf looked liked she was out of your league. I don't see how that is blatantly making fun of your gf. That is a complement to both her and in a way you, b/c it says that you can pull chicks that are out of your league. When people have said to me I take it as a complement.

I don't see how you think that is blatantly making fun of her at all.

He was referring to when I said that his girlfriend looked like the Hamburglar with my "Joseph Smith" account. http://forums.mmanews.com/off-topic-discussions/27640-im-back-b-tches-5.html

And Frag...it was a friggin' JOKE! EVERY girl looks like the Hamburglar when they have eyeliner on....and a little advice, don't put a picture of your wife, children, girlfriend, or even yourself on the Internet. A simple "right-click" and anyone and everyone can own that picture. You put it up and it's fair game. The fact that you're still even thinking about that is weak.

mauladala
08-04-2008, 11:13 PM
This like a quarterly thing on this site. For about one week, every four months or so, everyone gets in an uproar over how the mods/admins are acting. It is this dumbass cyclical train-wreck. It's like Battlestar Galactica or some shit: this has all happened before, and will happen again. ZZZzzzZZZzzz

Ifightforaliving
08-05-2008, 02:40 AM
wow and I get negged from an acct that was banned 2 years ago what a fucking coincidence again.

Gurry
08-06-2008, 04:17 AM
stop bitching ladies...

POINDEXTER
08-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Before the shit with Palma went down I actually thought things had remained pretty damn civil (for this place) for quite some time. I was genuinely surprised to read what transpired between Palma and Bullock.

Beowulf
08-06-2008, 11:34 PM
. I was genuinely surprised to read what transpired between Palma and Bullock.

I think you mean what transpired from Palma to Bullock, did Bullock even post anything about Palma?

BigBanda
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Didn't you guys know...

Bullock = Palma

It is one of his smurf accounts lol

Bullock
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
The secrets out lol.

This is what I look like in real life:

http://forums.mmanews.com/image.php?u=5769&dateline=1165290773&type=profile

Frag x 3
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
NOOOOOOO! Bullock is Palma? My world has come crashing down! :headscratch:

Haha, anywho, I don't really miss Palma's dickheadedness - and yes, that's now a word. He had his insight into the grappling game, but since Bullock is now Palma, he can handle that, right?

Bullock
08-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I played you all for fools.

Bullock=L Ron=Palma=Amlap

jokerthief
08-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Bullock is also a member of the Illuminati. He's a shape shifting reptilian Sheti clan master who lives in the center of the hollow earth. His kind control all the points of power in our society -- it's how he became an Admin. In fact, every Admin here is an Illuminatus. They frequently meet in ancient groves and plot to further increase the burden of their yoke on the common man.

Frag x 3
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I knew it all along. I had my suspicions, and now I know the truth!

Bullock
08-07-2008, 12:59 AM
"What the fuck is in here! Why the fuck is my hair like this! WTF!!!"

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/04/20/hanks460.jpg

sandywh
08-07-2008, 01:36 AM
And to think that all this drama had almost died down.

I'm disappointed in all of you. Especially all you Yellow Namers.

Now go to your rooms and think about what you've done.

Ifightforaliving
08-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Quit being a Prick and trying to stir things up.

I've already told you that I rep'd you with Sundance right after I neg'd you with HyperGit, and I can promise you that Sundance gives out more Rep than Git takes away.

Where Git may have taken away 3 points, I gave you 25 right back.

And now that I look the fucking Neg has been taken away, but the rep I left you is still there, so quit crying like a fucking little bitch.no i am talking about a few days ago by a whole other acct not the hypergit one.

Clint
08-07-2008, 02:09 AM
no i am talking about a few days ago by a whole other acct not the hypergit one.

Imjust looked through your reps and the only reasonably recent neg that wasn't a long time member was the user "was" and he definitely wasn't a mod account. He was a previously banned user (God, Highlander, ...) that came back and was banned when we saw that he had returned

Ifightforaliving
08-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I wasn't worried about the points reall I just saw I got neg'd then I looked and it was a banned acct and he hadn't been on in a while. My mistake.

valheruking
08-07-2008, 03:36 AM
You forgot to mention the sex rituals, asshole, that's the most important part. You know Val would have never made Admin unless he could do that think he does with his hip joints.
:grinsmile1:

Bullock
08-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Valheru has a juicy hole...

But perhaps I have said too much...

valheruking
08-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Valheru has a juicy hole...

But perhaps I have said too much...

:violently2:

Bullock
08-07-2008, 04:13 AM
hahaha You can only toe the line so long before you eventually cross it.

sabreclaww
08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
it could be like a 'Let's step outside' type of thing...

if it gets heated.. one says..'Lets head to the CIRCLE OF FLAMES!" or something less lame sounding~!