PDA

View Full Version : Should Palma Be Unbanned?

leedogg900
08-04-2008, 02:11 PM
sorry mods i know your not gonna like this. but it has to be done.

i know palma was out of line. but ive seen much worse by lesser members and the result was only a temporary inmate status. was what he said really so bad? i dont think its worth a life-time ban.

palma is a core member and i think he deserves another chance.

mods you know i have nothing against you. i just thought the ban was going to be temporary. i think a permanent ban is too harsh.

im not trying to go against your authority, im just curious to see what the rest of the site thinks.

my vote is yes palma should be unbanned.

Steel
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, I would say he should be brought back however I necessarily know if he wants to come back and I can;t say I blame him.

jkilla374
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
How about a choice for "do not care either way?"

That's what I would pick.

Supe
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Shit i misread the Q. I think he should be unbanned. I voted No while thinking i was being asked if he should be banned. Ok, i sound dumb enough im quitting.

Clint
08-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Nope. He was all but asking to be banned. He even directly asked to be banned.

POINDEXTER
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
The fact that his name is still listed as a forum leader indicates that he will most likely be welcomed back at some point. Of course, that's just a guess.

ninjastix
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Yep. Mess with a bull and you get the horns... internet horns...

but I think the poll should have been modified... I think Palma should be banned for now not forever.

Sequels are always bigger draws...

leedogg900
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM

Yeah he did ask to be banned. But deep down im pretty sure he didn't want to be banned. He was just being stubborn trying to prove a point, a mistake on his part.

I'm not saying the ban wasn't justified, I just don't think it should have been permanent.

Can't we give good old Palma another chance? I mean what's the harm in giving him another chance? Worst case scenario, he trashes the mods and gets banned again (permanently). Best case scenario, all is forgiven and he becomes a productive member of the forums again.

I don't know about you guys but I think its worth finding out.

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-04-2008, 04:00 PM
To be honest I do not think Palma really cares. I have spoken to him and he is not very upset about it.

I think it is a shame that he is not involved in the convo that goes on here. He had a lot to put into this forum IMO. I think sometimes people say things in anger (Which IMO he did) Maybe he felt that way and just needed to let it out. I think Banning him does more harm than good. Well all get pissed of at one another at times. Sometimes more so than other times. Its the way life goes, shit happens and then we all deal with it. I think we should let him back if it is possible.

thumper
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm a little confused at what this thread will accomplish. This forum isn't a democracy. The admins/mods make their decisions and they're placed here by the owner to manage it.

It just seems like the best case is this thread will turn into a huge argument.

sandywh
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I want him back, but there are other things at play here.

Palma knew what he did was ban worthy. he all but begged it. I think give him a few weeks to cool out, and if he wants to come back he can. But I would also bring him back on probation. Palma knows the rules of the board as well as anyone, and he knows the limits. if he pushed them it was a concious choice.

This place is what it is because of people like Palma (not going to round off all the names that make this the best board around, but you know who you are). Without him we are a lesser family, but we will still persavere. I thought this place was done when others just as influintial as Palma left, but it was still here and still growing. Noone is that important to the site. NO ONE.

I say unban him and make him an Admin. I honestly think that's the best way to leash a beast like Palma. If he is in charge of the rules he won't break them.

leedogg900
08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm a little confused at what this thread will accomplish. This forum isn't a democracy. The admins/mods make their decisions and they're placed here by the owner to manage it.

It just seems like the best case is this thread will turn into a huge argument.

I'm trying to accomplish the unbanning of Palma, I thought that was obvious.

I know I'm not a mod and don't have any say. I still feel the need to give my opinion on a peaceful solution where everyone can feel satisfied.

A 2nd chance seems reasonable. Like I said, if he decides to trash the mods again then a permanent ban is justified. But what if he wants to come back and just forget the events that happened, and be the contributing member that he was before? Why would anyone be opposed to that? Whats the harm in finding out?

Again, worst case scenario he trashes the mods and he's re-banned. Then anyone who supported him [like me] won't have anything more to say about the matter.

Maybe he doesn't want to come back at all. But we won't know for sure unless hes unbanned and given a chance to voice his opinion.

Being a well known member on the forum I feel obligated to give my opinion even if it means nothing to the mods.

And yes this thread is an argument, but its a civilized one.

Clint
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
But what about all of the complaints about the double standards of how veteran members get more leeway than newer members? Isn't this the same thing?

thumper
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm trying to accomplish the unbanning of Palma, I thought that was obvious.

I know I'm not a mod and don't have any say. I still feel the need to give my opinion on a peaceful solution where everyone can feel satisfied.

A 2nd chance seems reasonable. Like I said, if he decides to trash the mods again then a permanent ban is justified. But what if he wants to come back and just forget the events that happened, and be the contributing member that he was before? Why would anyone be opposed to that? Whats the harm in finding out?

Again, worst case scenario he trashes the mods and he's re-banned. Then anyone who supported him [like me] won't have anything more to say about the matter.

Maybe he doesn't want to come back at all. But we won't know for sure unless hes unbanned and given a chance to voice his opinion.

Being a well known member on the forum I feel obligated to give my opinion even if it means nothing to the mods.

And yes this thread is an argument, but its a civilized one.

Yup I see your point.

sandywh
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
But what about all of the complaints about the double standards of how veteran members get more leeway than newer members? Isn't this the same thing?
There should be a double standard. Longtime or well respected members should be given some leeway on some matters. But its a fine line between abusing that leeway and flirting with it. I've thought several times that i would have been at least thrown in the hole for some of the flames I'v ehad, and yet never received a warning while the dude I flamed was eventually banned. Not that I'm complaining, but I assumed that it came down to...."Sandy's good poster and doesn't stir up too much trouble and this other guy has been a bitch since day one" So yeah, the double standards should apply. And although I think what Palma did was certainly ban worthy, I myself would have given him a day or two as an inmate tocool down and if he came out of the hole to continue what he started, then he would have had to go. I personally think he had earned that much, where as someone that has only been here a short while didn't have the same reputation (not rep) should've been bounced without any thought to it.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM

I haven't seen those complaints much..

But why not bring Palma back as an admin? I think that's a great idea. I don;t think Palma has done anything worse than Bullock has and he's been an admin for quite sometime.

This isn't a dig towards anyone..but an interesting idea.

Palma speaks his mind as is open about not liking someone. Other than telling it like it is, right or wrong, what has he done wrong?

Dork had issues and admittedly broke rules as an admin but he was taken back and rightfully so as he is good for the site. Again, no dissrespect to Dork.

What makes Palma any different?

Clint
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
He openly flamed an admin, made various offensive remarks in the thread, was warned/banned/inmated many times before for flaming and such and he should be unbanned and made an Admin? Thats not exactly a precedent that should be set.

Dork worked his way back up and never broke forum rules just Admin rules.

scottsec
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Shit i misread the Q. I think he should be unbanned. I voted No while thinking i was being asked if he should be banned. Ok, i sound dumb enough im quitting.

Did the same thing.....duh.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 05:32 PM
all I know is that I was made an inmate for asking whether or not we should start a poll to see if palma should be unbanned or not...and there's nothing else to it either..i'm not pointing anyone directly to it, but go look at the thread if you dont believe me. read all my posts.

i'd be careful leedog.

edit: and besides, even if a million people voted for palma to be unbanned and 2 people voted for him to remain banned, at the end of of the day it's going to show that the ppl voting for him to remain banned comes out with the win.

I'm done with this thread

Bullock
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
But why not bring Palma back as an admin? I think that's a great idea. I don;t think Palma has done anything worse than Bullock has and he's been an admin for quite sometime.

Yes, creating L Ron was such a terrible thing. I made people cry.

tapper
08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
damn, if a neg rep meant something i would hit you with one for starting this stupid ass thread. it's not your business what the mods do here, and if some friggin pole influences who gets banned then wtf is that. palma knew what he was doing, and knew what was gonna happen. i've faught with several mods, but you still can't cross the line.

thread done.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:48 PM
He openly flamed an admin, made various offensive remarks in the thread, was warned/banned/inmated many times before for flaming and such and he should be unbanned and made an Admin? Thats not exactly a precedent that should be set.

Dork worked his way back up and never broke forum rules just Admin rules.

Wow.

Obviously, his past status can't have been an issue as he was a staff member, be it a different form than a mod, he was still given a special status when this behavior was known. This means it was accepted for it was.

So Dork's actions, breaking rules as an admin is acceptable? These actions aren't deemed as bad, because they were "admin rules"? I don't want to get into specifics but I think Dork's violations were much worse than anything Palma ever did. So Palma doesn't get the chance to earn his way back in at all?

More & more it sounds like the rules are made to be tailored to support the individual need of the situation at hand rather than being standard uniform protocols.

strife
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Shouldn't veteran members get more leeway regardless? They are what make the site worth reading for the most part.

I voted yes, but not immediately. I say give it a little time to settle, a couple weeks or something.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes, creating L Ron was such a terrible thing. I made people cry.

Actually, it's your violation of the rules that you expect others to follow that makes people cry.

*sniff*

But on the upside, I do find you to be a very creative individual. I wish you would utilize your talents in a more productive way.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow.

Obviously, his past status can't have been an issue as he was a staff member, be it a different form than a mod, he was still given a special status when this behavior was known. This means it was accepted for it was.

So Dork's actions, breaking rules as an admin is acceptable? These actions aren't deemed as bad, because they were "admin rules"? I don't want to get into specifics but I think Dork's violations were much worse than anything Palma ever did. So Palma doesn't get the chance to earn his way back in at all?

More & more it sounds like the rules are made to be tailored to support the individual need of the situation at hand rather than being standard uniform protocols.

hey man the way I look at it, Dork pulled a fast one on the mods and he beat the system! The mods/admins banned a guy, and dork gave all of them the finger and repped the guy's new account back to back times after the guy's old account had been banned! doing that and not getting banned is much cooler and more bad ass then calling a mod a P.O.S. and getting banned.

Dork you are the man because you are still here. Regardless of whether or not you got demoted, you directly crossed a mod in the worst possible way, and YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT! You have power and influence my man.

Steel
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
hey man the way I look at it, Dork pulled a fast one on the mods and he beat the system! The mods/admins banned a guy, and dork gave all of them the finger and repped the guy's new account back to back times after the guy's old account had been banned! doing that and not getting banned is much cooler and more bad ass then calling a mod a P.O.S. and getting banned.

Dork you are the man because you are still here. Regardless of whether or not you got demoted, you directly crossed a mod in the worst possible way, and YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT! You have power and influence my man.

If Dork earned his way back through helping out and being cool, than Palma should be able to do so too, keeping his staff status.

Am I alone in seeing this logic?

I was a mod when all that crap came down and went back & forth with Dork on many occasions and it was acceptable. We're cool now (I hope) so why the double standard for Palma?

Why all the double standards period?

Ubermensch
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm with Steel he should be let back after all his contributions but not right a way and there should be something he has to do to get back like write another article or something.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm trying not to say who i'm with or what I think, even in a civil manner because that got me inmated a few days ago.

im wondering who the next inmate will be because I have a feeling it's coming soon. I'm tellin ya folks, it will come out of no where for no apparent reason.

Clint
08-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow.

A) Palma was indeed a staff member. But him writing for the main page has nothing to do with the rules here. Those are 2 seperate things. They are just designated on here because they deserve some credit for helping the main page.

B) Dork broke a rule as an admin and was kicked out. He showed that he was sorry and helped out as the vbookie manager and a deputy mod for quite a while so we brought him back

C) Palma could have signed up with a new account and nobody would ahve known but instead he decided to create new accounts and continue his antics after being banned, so his IP was banned. So he had the opportunity for another chance but blew it. Never mind the fact that he has had plenty of previous problems in the past for not keeping the flaming under control

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 06:09 PM
If Dork earned his way back through helping out and being cool, than Palma should be able to do so too, keeping his staff status.

Am I alone in seeing this logic?

I was a mod when all that crap came down and went back & forth with Dork on many occasions and it was acceptable. We're cool now (I hope) so why the double standard for Palma?

Why all the double standards period?

steel you are seriously treading thin ice bro. You can't argue with these people, even in a civil manner. Go back and look at the thread where I was inmated and tell me I was not civil. I mean look at my last post before I was inmated for pete's sake! I was inmated for Needlessly & Continually Stirring Up Trouble so seriously bro, I would walk softly.

Clint
08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
steel you are seriously treading thin ice bro. You can't argue with these people, even in a civil manner. Go back and look at the thread where I was inmated and tell me I was not civil. I mean look at my last post before I was inmated for pete's sake! I was inmated for Needlessly & Continually Stirring Up Trouble so seriously bro, I would walk softly.

You continued to ask questions and post new threads after the questions were answered and the threads were closed.

I'm beginning to believe that you are one of those people that just wants to "fight the power" and whoever is in charge is always inherently wrong.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Did Dork ever make 2 of the same threads in the gen forum and the OT calling an admin a piece of shit etc so that as many people as possible could see it? Once you have your answer you will see what the difference is b/t Palma and Dork.

Dork was demoted for sticking up for his friend (god/highlander) after a certain former mod goaded him into a flame war and banned him when he got pissed.

Dork later admitted he made a mistake, then went back to business as usual, without holding a grudge. He just admitted he shouldn't have done it and moved along. A few months later Howie made Dork a Super Mod b/che was the only one on after an event for an hour or two. We decided to keep him on b/c we missed his cookies.

POINDEXTER
08-04-2008, 06:19 PM
This is just becoming the same thread that was already closed regarding this subject. If Palma wants to come back then he can talk to the Mods/Admins to see if that can happen. I don't see what the argument here will accomplish other than creating further divisiveness.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:25 PM
But divisiveness gets my penis hard.

lilp86
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I voted no like I said in the other thread Palma asked to be banned so he got what he wanted. I also think if he wanted to come back he wouldnt have got on on the Amlap account and kept going on about the situation like Clint said. If they let Palma back it just says if you have been here long enough you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want and you will never get banned which shouldnt be the case.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Also, are the Mods/Admins really that damn bad?

Not you, Sundance, just me.

I am ruining this site with my childish antics.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
You continued to ask questions and post new threads after the questions were answered and the threads were closed.
I have to disagree with you there. My question was never answered. If it was, then I wouldnt have created another thread, but let's not get into that issue.

I'm beginning to believe that you are one of those people that just wants to "fight the power" and whoever is in charge is always inherently wrong.

I'm very sorry that you think that, Clint. That is not the case at all I assure you. I like to think that Sundance is in charge, and I consider him to be right most of the time.

ChuckBooty
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Actually, I'm the #2 Person.

Clint is the main guy here.

The hierarchy is:

#1. Clint/ChuckBooty
#2. Sundance
#3.Valeruking; Bullock
#4 Ramma & GmUnit
#5 Dork

I never knew! Thanks guys!!:grinsmile1:

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM

The hierarchy is:

#1. Clint
#2. Sundance
#3.Valeruking; Bullock
#4 Ramma & GmUnit
#5 Dork

that's just a technicality. Everyone knows you're the top dog. I pledge my allegiance to The Sundance Kid.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Dammit I used to be #2 but Sundance sabotaged my powerpoint presentation and stole my role.

I'm very sorry that you think that, Clint. That is not the case at all I assure you. I like to think that Sundance is in charge, and I consider him to be right most of the time.

But he's not right about L Ron or agreeing w/ the way the Steel/Palma situations were dealt with.

Ramma
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I know for a fact that Pamla has at least one of the Mods Email.

He needs to send one of us an email, maybe we can work things out.

Also, are the Mods/Admins really that damn bad?

I was always under the impression that we did a pretty good damn job, but maybe I'm biased.

I don't think people realize what this place would turn into if it weren't for the Admins/Mods.

Has anyone ever posted on a forum better than this.

This is basically how I feel in a nutshell.

I am led to believe that a big portion of the posters think we do not do our job and that we bend the rules to suite our needs and to help vet posters, and etc, etc, etc.

Yet, most of (if not all) of the mod/admin team was/is a friend of Palma (and Steel). You think any of us wanted to see Palma go? Like, we took pleasure in banning him? I assure you, that isn't the case. I honestly hope that Palma is back here someday if things can be worked out. I like Palma alot. I like Palma more than a lot of you do.

All we hear about is how we silence people, don't let them have a voice, etc... yet.. there have been 5 million Palma threads, with 5 million posts of the mod/admin team getting smacked in the face. We keep talking to you guys and we keep getting shit on. I am not going to give you the "if you don't like it leave" speech. But if we are such tyrants, why do you stick around? Believe me.. if I work somewhere, or go to a martial arts school, and the people in charge are so terrible.. I leave. You don't need to show me the door.

We are rediculed because we "favor" vet posters, yet you guys want us to just "lift" Palma's ban because he has done so much around here and has been around forever. Does that really make sense? At all?

If anyone around here went about things the way that Palma did that wasn't a popular, or long time member... there would be no thread asking if "XXXX" should be unbanned.

Seems like it is damned if we do, damned if we don't... and either way, we are the bad guys that don't do our job right.

I think a lot of you believe that doing this job is a clean, easy, takes care of itself, job... but it really isn't. And we don't go and complain about it because we took the torch to help you guys have a great place to stay.

You'll agree with 99 decisions.. but when you don't agree with 1... we get to hear about it for a month.

Yeah, that is part of the job I guess, but the fact remains. Most of you here say this is the best forum around, but some how we just suck at what we do...

By the way, pop over to another forum, and let me know if you see a team giving their forum members the time of day to debate a decision they made... let me know how that goes for you..

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I cum in my trousers when someone gets banned.

POINDEXTER
08-04-2008, 06:56 PM
But divisiveness gets my penis hard.

Which is a good enough reason for the rest of us to avoid being divisive, I would say.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Sometimes it gets hard for no reason.

jokerthief
08-04-2008, 07:02 PM
There's always a reason. You are in denial.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Sometimes I get one after I fart.

POINDEXTER
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Sometimes it gets hard for no reason.

Is "no reason" code for hairy leather daddies?

Bullock
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
This is some high brow humor right here.

scottsec
08-04-2008, 07:10 PM
LOL....these are the days of our lives....

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 07:14 PM
But he's not right about L Ron or agreeing w/ the way the Steel/Palma situations were dealt with.

wow you're actually right about something

Bullock
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I am right about a great many things.

jokerthief
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I get one after I fart.

You should see a therapist, or a really filthy hooker. One of the two, preferably the latter.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
08-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I propose a trade:

We ban Fragx3 & ATJ-Lucko for Palma

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I am right about a great many things.

O yea? Please enlighten me.

ChuckBooty
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I propose a trade:

I'm in!

Bullock
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
O yea? Please enlighten me.

You don't deserve enlightenment.

TriangleChoke
08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
You don't deserve enlightenment.

I dont need enlightenment. At least from you, anyway. I just thought I'd ask.

edit: the poll results are cracking me up

Steel
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Did Dork ever make 2 of the same threads in the gen forum and the OT calling an admin a piece of shit etc so that as many people as possible could see it? Once you have your answer you will see what the difference is b/t Palma and Dork.

Dork was demoted for sticking up for his friend (god/highlander) after a certain former mod goaded him into a flame war and banned him when he got pissed.

Dork later admitted he made a mistake, then went back to business as usual, without holding a grudge. He just admitted he shouldn't have done it and moved along. A few months later Howie made Dork a Super Mod b/che was the only one on after an event for an hour or two. We decided to keep him on b/c we missed his cookies.

LOL. Excuses excuses..as I figured, answers made to fit your need.

"Goaded" eh? No..that would be more your style of moderation. I guess only you are allowed to answer back as a staff member when someone confronts you. I know Dork admitted it and moved on..but the fact is it happened and I was making a comparison. But that's ok..you can change history when you are an admin.

There is no logic in discussing this with you. You should have stepped down back when you posed the question months ago..then you could devote your time to smurf accounts,, TTR, tshirts, scientology etc etc without wasting the site's time.

On the subject of my banning...I was banned for outting your TTR revival of 8/9 correct? For broadcasting the existence of the secret forum..how does THAT violate the rules? You don't think your banning of me was unfair? Everything I stated was fact. And that whole thread was deleted..why?

Again, just another example of why I think the leadership here lacks.

And as far as the obligatory, "will just leave"..I am going to leave once some other sites are completed as I'm pretty sure the base of the community I communicate with will be leaving as well.

Bullock
08-04-2008, 07:33 PM
On the subject of my banning...I was banned for outting your TTR revival of 8/9 correct? For broadcasting the existence of the secret forum..how does THAT violate the rules?

I am starting to think you cannot read.

It has been pointed out to you by Clint over and over and over again why you were banned.

You were banned b/c after I told you not to post the pm I was sending you, you posted it in order to stir up shit.

But I'm sure you will keep going on spouting your bullshit saying you were banned for outing TTR, and that Noob left b/c of something I was doing.

There is no logic in discussing this with you. You should have stepped down back when you posed the question months ago.

People overwhelmingly voted no to that pole. The results were so one-sided that Sundance went in and changed the results to were they are at now as a joke. You had your chance, lol, and you squandered it.

then you could devote your time to smurf accounts,, TTR, tshirts, scientology etc etc without wasting the site's time.

L Ron is a good laugh to many people, and so was TTR. They made a lot of people happy, and made their experience on this forum much more enjoyable.

As for "wasting the sites time." Agree to disagree. TTR and L Ron never stopped me from modding a thread or checking into the mod forum to see what was going on. It's just something I did to pass time when things were boring.

BigBanda
08-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Considering we have lifted bans for other members who have done much worse... my answer is yes. It is really as simple as that.

Clint
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
LOL. Excuses excuses..as I figured, answers made to fit your need.

"Goaded" eh? No..that would be more your style of moderation. I guess only you are allowed to answer back as a staff member when someone confronts you. I know Dork admitted it and moved on..but the fact is it happened and I was making a comparison. But that's ok..you can change history when you are an admin.

There is no logic in discussing this with you. You should have stepped down back when you posed the question months ago..then you could devote your time to smurf accounts,, TTR, tshirts, scientology etc etc without wasting the site's time.

On the subject of my banning...I was banned for outting your TTR revival of 8/9 correct? For broadcasting the existence of the secret forum..how does THAT violate the rules? You don't think your banning of me was unfair? Everything I stated was fact. And that whole thread was deleted..why?

Again, just another example of why I think the leadership here lacks.

And as far as the obligatory, "will just leave"..I am going to leave once some other sites are completed as I'm pretty sure the base of the community I communicate with will be leaving as well.

At this point why you were banned has been posted enough times that making claims otherwise as to why you were banned can only be interpreted as trying to start trouble.

I'm giving you an infraction for Trolling.

sandywh
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I just want to point something out to everyone - no matter how you feel about the situation.....

This is at least the 6th Palma's banning related thread.

Palma wins! More than his desire to be intellegent and remembered for the quality of his posting, he just wanted to be remembered. That he's done, and from that several members have been tossed into the hole or banned, or just started up a bunch of shit that didn't need to be started up.

And without even being here, he is still raising hell and starting trouble.

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I propose a trade:

Sounds good to me.

Dork8503
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM

The hierarchy is:

#1. Clint
#2. Sundance
#3.Valeruking; Bullock
#4 Ramma & GmUnit
#5 Dork

Thats what you all think. Some day, people are going to stop showing up, going to disappear and 1 by 1 Dork will got from 5 to 1. MUHAHAHAHA

wait did i just say that out loud

oh shit lol

Anyway here is my input

Why is everyone so bitter about Palma being banned.

You all pretend that this is his first rodeo in the ban house. Palma has had more chances then Jenna Jameson has had cock.

Yes Palma adds to the forum, an yes he has good posts. We are not trying to deny that, but I am saying is sometimes enough is enough an lines have to be drawn.

No one has said Palma will never come back, but as of right now he isn't coming back. He should have to stay gone a few months or so. I mean obviously he doesn't care because he pretty much asked for it.

I like Palma, but i have to respect what happen.

And no, i am not going to just agree with everyone else for the sake of things. I am going to speak how i feel and thats how i feel.

Also Steel you can't compare what i did to Palma.

I did what i did in private and I was kicked out and i was pissed. But i got over it, an i never started threads talking shit to Mods/Admins.

I always new where the lines were an how far i could push without getting in trouble. I wasn't trying to get banned, i was just trying to be a pain in the ass for a while. I realized what i was doing was petty an i stopped.

But i never had a long list history of flame wars, or being banned of being a problem.

I had one little slip up and Palma has had many. I was never or have never been banned or made a inmate, i said sorry to everyone an started working my way back up.

I am mod to the people and for the people. A Admin of the future LOL

Anyway, people have to realize this wasn't his first or even second mess up.

Am i saying he is a bad person or member, no. I am just saying he asked for it an simply put, got what was coming.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
08-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Thats what you all think. Some day, people are going to stop showing up, going to disappear and 1 by 1 Dork will got from 5 to 1. MUHAHAHAHA

wait did i just say that out loud

oh shit lol

Anyway here is my input

Why is everyone so bitter about Palma being banned.

You all pretend that this is his first rodeo in the ban house. Palma has had more chances then Jenna Jameson has had cock.

Yes Palma adds to the forum, an yes he has good posts. We are not trying to deny that, but I am saying is sometimes enough is enough an lines have to be drawn.

No one has said Palma will never come back, but as of right now he isn't coming back. He should have to stay gone a few months or so. I mean obviously he doesn't care because he pretty much asked for it.

I like Palma, but i have to respect what happen.

And no, i am not going to just agree with everyone else for the sake of things. I am going to speak how i feel and thats how i feel.

Also Steel you can't compare what i did to Palma.

I did what i did in private and I was kicked out and i was pissed. But i got over it, an i never started threads talking shit to Mods/Admins.

I always new where the lines were an how far i could push without getting in trouble. I wasn't trying to get banned, i was just trying to be a pain in the ass for a while. I realized what i was doing was petty an i stopped.

But i never had a long list history of flame wars, or being banned of being a problem.

I had one little slip up and Palma has had many. I was never or have never been banned or made a inmate, i said sorry to everyone an started working my way back up.

I am to the people and for the people. A Admin of the future LOL

Anyway, people have to realize this wasn't his first or even second mess up.

Am i saying he is a bad person or member, no. I am just saying he asked for it an simply put, got what was coming.

Cunt

Beowulf
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Didn't Palma actually asked to be banned?I'm pretty sure I remember reading that.

If me or someone else who isn't a "Vet"did this, would our banning be questioned?

Also, I voted yes, but meant no.

jokerthief
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Didn't Palma actually asked to be banned?I'm pretty sure I remember reading that.

It was more like he was challenging Bullock to ban him.

wonderbee
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I am sure my opinion doesn’t matter that much but I will subject you guys to it any ways. First I am not sure when this place became a democracy, as far as I see it the people who work on the forums (mods/admins or yellow texters as I like to call them) have the right to do what they want and only need answer to their employer not us.
Steel I wish you would find some way of working out your problems with the yellow texters I have always liked you and your posts but it seems to me that you are trying to get your self kicked off the site and that would suck.
Same thing goes for TriangleChock. Although I very seldom agree with you TC your posts add to this site and it would be a shame if you get banned as well.
Finally fuck Palma and his bad attitude the dude asked to be banned and he got his wish. I will leave it at that though since it wouldn’t be right to trash him without him being here defend himself.

Howie
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Steel I wish you would find some way of working out your problems with the yellow texters I have always liked you and your posts but it seems to me that you are trying to get your self kicked off the site and that would suck.

Steel belives he's being some kind of Martyr and the whole of MMANews.com will forever be changed because he was banned. In actuality he's a fucking idiot and will be forgotten about in a week.

mauladala
08-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Steel belives he's being some kind of Martyr and the whole of MMANews.com will forever be changed because he was banned. In actuality he's a fucking idiot and will be forgotten about in a week.
ouch...

Bullock
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I feel like I should point out the fact that in the "Should L Ron be banned thread" 60.92% of people voted no.

Howie
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
it is harsh yes. but the last week of bullshit from steel has been served no purpose on these forums

thebwit
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I would vote "I don't care" if that was an option. The forum is still kicking pretty well without Palma. And not to bring up old wounds for others, but there have been other great members who left and the forums still went on as was business. We (the non mods) are the privileged ones to use these forums. I don't know how much stupid shit they have to go through and how much work they have to do for the site, but I am willing to bet it is a lot. And on top of that, I doubt that they get paid for their work. They do what they do to better the forums. Now if 1 person thinks they are not doing their job in bettering the forums, they should take it up in private with them rather than be an idiot and say "Hey look here's what's wrong with the site, fix it now" when we all know that the forums still work.

This is not a democracy - it never has been. Get over yourself. If you think you are better than the forums, then go start your own. Take the time to find near as many people to make it a good forum worth posting in and I bet that for every 1000 people that would try to start their own only 1 of them would be even close to successful and the other 999 would just come back here. So all of you haters who think the best way to get things changed around here by mouthing off to the people in charge in a public way, STFU.

Here's a little piece of advice I learned in one of my first jobs growing up. You can get people to do what you want by yelling at them and demanding they do it because you are their superior but the results might just be ok. Or you could ask them nicely to do something for you, make it sound like a request rather than a demand, and thank them when they did it, and the results will be 100% better. Politeness goes about 1 million times farther than rudeness.

Dan0
08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Bring Palma back!

smoogy
08-05-2008, 01:04 AM
lol, if you guys haven't figured it out yet, some of the mods/admins really, really don't like when you bring stuff like this up and question the consistency of the rules. TriangleChoke found this out the hard way, even if he didn't do anything wrong in the thread.

Palma might have some redeeming qualities, but he is at odds with Bullock, so he must go. The admins look out for the admins, and Palma is not an admin.

BigBanda
08-05-2008, 01:21 AM
lol, if you guys haven't figured it out yet, some of the mods/admins really, really don't like when you bring stuff like this up and question the consistency of the rules. TriangleChoke found this out the hard way, even if he didn't do anything wrong in the thread.

Palma might have some redeeming qualities, but he is at odds with Bullock, so he must go. The admins look out for the admins, and Palma is not an admin.
Uh oh, Smoogy stirring the pot a lil more lol.

Dont know if this will ever end. It's pretty sad if you sit there and think about the childish drama that has been going on. After all, IT IS A FORUM!!!

Beowulf
08-05-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't get it, if you read what Palma wrote, could you actually see yourself posting that without getting banned? Come on...

Submissionist
08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Palma on multiple occasions has said that he has several computers and in different locations so he probably is already here. I never had anything against him and he knew his shit about mma. Also the battle between BJ and GSP nut huggers has shifted slightly in favor of GSP with him gone.

Trianglechoke has bitched non-stop in a span of few days and I hope his period is finally over for the month.

jokerthief
08-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't think Palma would come back if he was unbanned. His grievances with this site go a lot deeper than the subject matter that has been debated and re-hashed ad nauseum. He knew what he was doing and did it because he had endured, in his mind, the last straw. It's sad but I really think he's serious this time.

Howie
08-05-2008, 01:39 AM
there are plenty of other forums for people to go to if they have such a big problem....

Sherdog has forums
MMAWeekly has forums
Junkie has forums.

theres just a few. go hang out around those for a bit. We'll all see you when you realize they suck and there is 100x more trolling and bullshit to deal with.

smoogy
08-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Uh oh, Smoogy stirring the pot a lil more lol.

Dont know if this will ever end. It's pretty sad if you sit there and think about the childish drama that has been going on. After all, IT IS A FORUM!!!

lol I'm not trying to stir up anything, it just seems like some people need it spelled out to them. All leedog did by starting this thread is idenfity himself as one of the "complainers"

Beowulf
08-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Palma on multiple occasions has said that he has several computers and in different locations so he probably is already here. I never had anything against him and he knew his shit about mma. Also the battle between BJ and GSP nut huggers has shifted slightly in favor of GSP with him gone.

I'm gonna go make a thread about how BJ isn't as good as everyone thinks and GSP would beat Fedor...If he's here I'm sure he'll come out and post in that thread

jokerthief
08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
lol I'm not trying to stir up anything, it just seems like some people need it spelled out to them. All leedog did by starting this thread is idenfity himself as one of the "complainers"

I don't think that there is another poster on this site whom I agree with more when it comes to MMA analysis than you Smoogy. But (you could see this "but" coming a mile away right ;) ) I think you are expecting the Admins to have more patience than is reasonable. Hell, you may have the patience of Job but normal human beings do not. Unpaid Admin's patience can only endure so much and they can only explain their rulings so many times before they lose it. The admins here put up with a lot more shit than what I've seen admins/mods tolerate at other sites. They are like little kittens here in comparison.

I followed all the threads this weekend very closely. All I saw was the same 2-3 points get answered, re-answered, and beat to death. Any substantive criticism of Bullock that Palma had was lost by the incessant inane bleating of a mob (on both sides of the argument). Closing the threads was essential for intelligent discourse to take place. There was just too much emotion on both sides. It was turning into nothing more than a flame war. This thread isn't locked and after a few days, clearer heads are having a better conversation.

ILJO
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
this poll is fucked up anyways

there have been like 5 people that have come forward to not understanding their choices lol

its Florida all over again

POINDEXTER
08-05-2008, 03:42 AM
I think he should come back as a ghost that haunts the forum from time to time and causes weird inexplicable shit to happen.

sandywh
08-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Here's a novel idea.....

- make "PALMA" a ****** word, that way noone can speak his name
- Lock all Palma Banned related threads
- Issue a decree that anyone rehashing the any of this again gets a 7 day ban.

No that's not the 'democratic' way to do it, but this is only going to continue until feelings are hurt and lots of people, good people decide to move on. And quite honestly with the size of this forum now, its the quality posters, like Bullock, TraingleChoke, Joker, *****, Smoogy, and so on, that keep this place from turning into some of these other message boards.

Mods / Admins, seriously consider this. Yeah it's bitch move now, but if it saves the integrity of the forum (not like this issue that drastic, but you get my point) why not?

iverbure
08-05-2008, 04:16 AM
After just reading through the 3 or 4 threads, about Palma and Steel being demoted i have just now figured out who was behind that stupid BULLSHIT L RON SHIT.

"L ron is a good laugh to many people" no it wasn't, it was fucking stupid.

"and so was TTR" No, that was fucking gay.

"They made a lot of people happy" No, that made plenty of people pissed and try to flame the douche that was actaully typing it.

" and made their experience on this forum much more enjoyable" No, again it did not. It made most of people pissed and likely caused many other vistors looking at the forum to leave because the mods aloud this idiot to continue to post in threads.

The other posters above are right about one thing, this is a great forum, probably the best for the quanlity of posters and thats why Palma and Steel along with others are continuing to post about this because it needs to be taking care of. The site is the best, and should be visited more the sherdog or any other forum, it should be the first one on google for truly being the best.

With stupid shit like L Ron it will be held back. If i was a poster at Sherdog and someone asked about what forum i should joined and he said i heard mmanews was good, it'd point them to the L Ron shit and say, yeah look at the stupid shit they discuss their, and guess what thats mods,admins that create stupid accounts like that.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
08-05-2008, 04:22 AM
After just reading through the 3 or 4 threads, about Palma and Steel being demoted i have just now figured out who was behind that stupid BULLSHIT L RON SHIT.

"L ron is a good laugh to many people" no it wasn't, it was fucking stupid.

"and so was TTR" No, that was fucking gay.

"They made a lot of people happy" No, that made plenty of people pissed and try to flame the douche that was actaully typing it.

" and made their experience on this forum much more enjoyable" No, again it did not. It made most of people pissed and likely caused many other vistors looking at the forum to leave because the mods aloud this idiot to continue to post in threads.

The other posters above are right about one thing, this is a great forum, probably the best for the quanlity of posters and thats why Palma and Steel along with others are continuing to post about this because it needs to be taking care of. The site is the best, and should be visited more the sherdog or any other forum, it should be the first one on google for truly being the best.

With stupid shit like L Ron it will be held back. If i was a poster at Sherdog and someone asked about what forum i should joined and he said i heard mmanews was good, it'd point them to the L Ron shit and say, yeah look at the stupid shit they discuss their, and guess what thats mods,admins that create stupid accounts like that.

Here is the founder of the priory of scion......a guy who has dedicated his life to preserve the sanctity of the holy site which is called mmanews.

i bet you get invited to alot of parties........you seem to have a great sense of humor

thebwit
08-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Wow votes are dead even each time I look at them (14/14 earlier, now 23/23). Yes I know there are some people who don't know how to read and voted wrong, but I think they are on both sides of this.

With that said this should probably be closed off as well we (the users) have zero say in Palma's unbanning as it is up to the mods.

For all of you voted Yes to bring him back, Sorry but um...
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/normal_shipmentofFail.jpg

pillow
08-05-2008, 05:51 AM
I love the guy, bring him back

killerinstinct
08-05-2008, 06:20 AM
WTF did he do that was so bad? (sorry I don't keep up with these forums like I once did.)

I don't know exactly what he did, but I always thought he was a good poster and postive contributer to the forums. If what he did was bad, but not horrible, than he should be brought back eventually in my opinion.

leedogg900
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM

i guess im a complainer :dry:

Ok smoogy

I said what I said, now it's done. Whatever the mods decide to do is up to them, and I'll continue to come to this site and contribute regardless.

Sorry for being such a complainer. :dry:

Submissionist
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Who deleted the "double standards?" thread? There was some good humor floating around that thread.

Clint
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Who deleted the "double standards?" thread? There was some good humor floating around that thread.

That was my bad, I tried to close it and deleted it this morning. I've gotta learn to wake up for an hour or two before I try doing shit on here.

hunterkiller
08-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Since he attacked Bullock, let Bullock decide.

Clint
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Since he attacked Bullock, let Bullock decide.

In addition to attacking bullock he also did other things like attacking other people and editing other peoples posts to say things like:
I'm, suck a fag. Please suck my dick! PEASE SUCK MY DICK! So realistically we would have to let those weigh in as well.

strife
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
That was my bad, I tried to close it and deleted it this morning. I've gotta learn to wake up for an hour or two before I try doing shit on here.

Bring it back please? I want to read it.

TriangleChoke
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
it won't be long before a mod comes in here and changes the poll vote back to 50/50. lmao the votes are rigged i tell ya! riiiiigged!

JoeSons BruisedNuts
08-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Bring it back please? I want to read it.

I will try to summarize the thread as best as I can remember:

1. Chuckbooty is the guy behind Joseph Smith

2. Most Mail Order Brides come from Eastern Europe

3. fragx3 is a racist who stereotypes Asian women.

5. Chuckbooty stated his penis is extremley small

6. Harlem asked to joing TTR

7. Sundance is a cross-dresser

8. Bullock has to sit down when he pees

9. PA99 has no chance in winning the MMA News fantasy Football league

10. I was asked to be head MOD here but I declined due to the mere $95,000 per year salary

11. ATJ-Lucko is one good looking devil that will soon be featued in the September issue of Playgirl.

I think thats all of it.........I might have made a couple of them up (but not the ones about Sundance and Chuckbooty )

mauladala
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
^^^^ lmao

strife
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
LMFAO....

Clint, please let me read the thread you bastard!

Clint
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
LMFAO....

Clint, please let me read the thread you bastard!

lol it's deleted I was trying to close it and delete an already soft deleted thread and ended up completely deleting it instead of the correct one :angry4:

sodium_nitrate
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
just as a sidenote.... Has anyone else been craving some jack and cola?

Clint
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM

I wasn't until you mentioned it :angrrry: lol

Gmunit
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM

I dislike Jack and Coke, I am a huge Rye fan (Canadian Whiskey for those who don't know) and pretty much only drink Wiser's

http://www.wisers.ca/en/images/logo_tagline.jpg

for the record, i am definitely craving a drink or 6

Bullock
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
it won't be long before a mod comes in here and changes the poll vote back to 50/50.

At the bottom of the poll it shows you how many users have voted. The math adds up.

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
i KNOW SOMETHING EVERYONE ELSE DOES NOT KNOW!

Bullock
08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I think it's better for a poll like this to be private, just b/c being able to see exactly who is on which side could lead to hard feelings, etc.

Ramma
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
i KNOW SOMETHING EVERYONE ELSE DOES NOT KNOW!

I hate to break it to you... but I do know :grinsmile1:

atj-lucko
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Agree if he is allowed back after what he has said and done, then the rules mean nothing. Might as well throw out the TOS..

That said I sure he will be unbanned, but if he is allowed back his rep should be reset to the default number, and should never be allowed to be a mod of have edit control.

He-Man
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
That said I sure he will be unbanned, but if he is allowed back his rep should be reset to the default number, and should never be allowed to be a mod of have edit control.

I have seen that happen before on another board. It actually worked out really good. Maybe this is an option?

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I think Palma wanted to be banned. I also don't think he should be unbanned for a while. If anyone else posted what he posted we would be banned quick as fuck. i think if he wants to come back ( I doubt it) then in a month or so yeah. I don't agree with taking away his rep or posts as he earned all of that stuff rightfully. Maybe put on probation or something.

The way he went about it was wrong (or right),but to lose someone of his caliber is bad for the site. I do think alot of the things that are being discussed need to be addressed though. Just because the majority likes something you still have alienated a lot of people.

He-Man
08-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I think Palma wanted to be banned. I also don't think he should be unbanned for a while. If anyone else posted what he posted we would be banned quick as fuck. i think if he wants to come back ( I doubt it) then in a month or so yeah. I don't agree with taking away his rep or posts as he earned all of that stuff rightfully. Maybe put on probation or something.

The way he went about it was wrong (or right),but to lose someone of his caliber is bad for the site. I do think alot of the things that are being discussed need to be addressed though. Just because the majority likes something you still have alienated a lot of people.

I can't read any of your posts with that clip of AP running all over that defense. That man is AWESOME! The second coming of Barry Sanders.....

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
yeah he use to live right next door to me when I first moved to norman. I use to work out with him and a few other guys at the gym here too. AP is gonna be an even badder man this year. Form what I hear he has gotten faster and put on an extra 7-10 lbs.

Intellectual
08-06-2008, 03:50 AM
as i said before, we never really crossed paths. i enjoyed most of his posts.

from what i've read, he was an arrogant opinionated douche.

we HAVE to bring him back.

Gurry
08-06-2008, 04:09 AM
y has this thread gone this far, he got banned stop whining over it, move on with your life. Not like you guys were actual friends in real life, not like you would meet Palma for a beer on the weekends and now your not allowed to. If you miss him so much you want him unbanned e-mail him and talk to him through that, WTF is wrong with this forum. You guys put the nail in the TTR coffin first now cant stop whining about this. He asked to be banned, who cares...

strife
08-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Whining about whining....that gets things done.

Not that I would consider any of this whining...really Gurry?

Gurry
08-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Whining about whining....that gets things done.

Not that I would consider any of this whining...really Gurry?

touche... but its just sickening now, the original people who began whining were whining about nobody focusing on the mma aspect of the forum they were focused on stuff like TTR and such. So i'm just pissed off that these same people are still doing this, when im pretty sure all the mods are sick of hearing about this stuff and as am I and a bunch of other users. So how about we just leave it at that, and move on with our regularly scheduled mma programming.

blah
09-15-2008, 01:38 AM
jesus wat's happened here. the solution is just to make me chief mod and ban everyone else. hehehehehe...