PDA

View Full Version : Your Pick For Worst To First Team In The NFL This Year

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Every year, a Cinderella team comes out of nowhere the way the Saints did in 2006 to make the playoffs following a dreadful season the year before. The Saints are the most notable because they went from being 2-14 to going deep into the playoffs the next year.

In your opinion, who do you think will be that team this year. Which dreadful sub .500 team of last year will pull off big things this year.

My pick is the Carolina Panthers.

Delhomme went down early last year all but dooming that team. If he is able to stay healthy, the Panthers take the NFC South back.

I'm a big Raiders fan so to be fair I didn't pick them but I think they significantly improve from last year. They were competitive in almost every game last year, even leading many in the 4th quarter only to allow some late scores to lose. I think the Raiders will have their first .500 or better year this year but won't be the Cinderella team until Al Davis is gone and not causing dysfunction behind the scenes.

Hey Al, let Lane Kiffin run his team.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Panthers don't have Smith for the first two games of the season... so that could lead to an 0-2 start.

I don't know if you call Minnesota a cinderella, but I have a feeling they could make alot of noise in the NFC. But as for a team that had a horrible record last year, i'd say St. Louis Rams is most likely to improve the greatest. Finishing 3-13 last year was a fluke, they will be no worse than 9-7.

riggs
08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Im gonna go with the 49ers. If it wasnt for Smith going down so early and defenses being able to key in on Gore they would have been a playoff team last year

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Panthers don't have Smith for the first two games of the season... so that could lead to an 0-2 start.

I don't know if you call Minnesota a cinderella, but I have a feeling they could make alot of noise in the NFC. But as for a team that had a horrible record last year, i'd say St. Louis Rams is most likely to improve the greatest. Finishing 3-13 last year was a fluke, they will be no worse than 9-7.

Smith missing the first 2 games does suck but overall, I don't think it will hurt them that bad.

St. Louis is in dissarray behind the scenes right now. Their owner died last year and the race is on to who claims the team. There are rumblings about them being moved and things don't look good. I see the Rams being .500 at best.

Minnesota on the other hand will be a powerhouse . . . when they get a decent QB. Tavaris Jackson has to be one of the worst quarterbacks to start in the NFL. This guy couldn't be a star in NFL Europe in my opinion. He's like Michael Vick without the wins or legal problems. If Minnesota can realize that and get a QB before all their other talent goes to waste, look for a very strong team from them.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah I know, but they all "believe" in him.

They need to realize that he doesn't belong fast, before they end up like Buffalo (Losman).

pa99fighter
08-04-2008, 07:12 PM
The Jets. They improved their weaknesses except at receiver. If we get a health line Pennington is a good quarterback if he wins the job. Now are defense is much better we have a shot at winning the division.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Jets winning the division over the Patriots? Highly doubt it. I hate the Patriots, but it's not happening.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Smith missing the first 2 games does suck but overall, I don't think it will hurt them that bad.

St. Louis is in dissarray behind the scenes right now. Their owner died last year and the race is on to who claims the team. There are rumblings about them being moved and things don't look good. I see the Rams being .500 at best.

Minnesota on the other hand will be a powerhouse . . . when they get a decent QB. Tavaris Jackson has to be one of the worst quarterbacks to start in the NFL. This guy couldn't be a star in NFL Europe in my opinion. He's like Michael Vick without the wins or legal problems. If Minnesota can realize that and get a QB before all their other talent goes to waste, look for a very strong team from them.

Baltimore won a SUper Bowl with a horrible QB so it could happen. That division is weak and 9-7 could take it. I don't see the Vikes doing it but it could happen.

I'm going Cincinnati. I think they have a legit shot at 11-5 and winning their division. If the offense is 100%, the defense can give up 30 a game because the offense can put up 40 easy.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Baltimore won a SUper Bowl with a horrible QB so it could happen. That division is weak and 9-7 could take it. I don't see the Vikes doing it but it could happen.

I'm going Cincinnati. I think they have a legit shot at 11-5 and winning their division. If the offense is 100%, the defense can give up 30 a game because the offense can put up 40 easy.

Baltimore won a Super Bowl with a mediocre QB, not terrible and had an ELITE defense. Minnesota has a great defense but it's not top 5.

I do like your pick with the Bengals though. They definitely have what it takes. It just depends on the level of dysfunction. This is a make or break year for them. If all hell breaks loose this year, heads will roll and there will be firings.

Paytheplayer
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Someone say the Lions...PLEASE someone say the Lions. I need a reason to watch games this year.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Someone say the Lions...PLEASE someone say the Lions. I need a reason to watch games this year.

The Lions weren't terrible last year. They went 7-9 which is far from worst. They had an easy schedule the first half of the year and it showed, and a brutal schedule the last half . . . and it showed. I'd put the Lions somewhere around .500 again this year. I like the Lions. It sucks they've been rebuilding since the 50's.

bigsmooth696969
08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Baltimore won a Super Bowl with a mediocre QB, not terrible and had an ELITE defense. Minnesota has a great defense but it's not top 5.

I do like your pick with the Bengals though. They definitely have what it takes. It just depends on the level of dysfunction. This is a make or break year for them. If all hell breaks loose this year, heads will roll and there will be firings.

Personally, I think Marvin Lewis should already be fired. I think they need a strict coach who takes shit from no one. They have great players, they just need a defense and a leader of a coach.

I actually took a bet in Vegas of the Lions making the playoffs last year. I put $100 on it with 150:1 odds. It looked good until the sencond half of the season. If they could find a running game, they may surprise people. Their division is not strong at all.

hunterkiller
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Personally, I think Marvin Lewis should already be fired. I think they need a strict coach who takes shit from no one. They have great players, they just need a defense and a leader of a coach.

I actually took a bet in Vegas of the Lions making the playoffs last year. I put $100 on it with 150:1 odds. It looked good until the sencond half of the season. If they could find a running game, they may surprise people. Their division is not strong at all.

The NFC North could be VERY TOUGH. The Packers will be good, the Vikings will be competitive because of A. Peterson and that defense and the Bears are a wildcard. You never know what will happen with them.

I hope the Lions do well. It's hard liking them but I do.

Oats420
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
It sucks they've been rebuilding since the 50's.

Haha, no kidding. Sanders was their only reason to have any hope the past few decades. I still don't know Millen is around there though. :confusedsmilie: