PDA

View Full Version : Favre Watch 2008. Post Brett Favre Updates Here

hunterkiller
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, the Packers and Favre are again at a stalemate despite meeting for hours this morning and last night.

Let's have a Favre watch full of minute to minute updates and even predictions as to what happens next.

I hope he ends up in Minnesota although it's a long shot.

ESPN - Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work' - NFL (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3520064)

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre went into a meeting Tuesday morning acknowledging that he was at a "stalemate" with the team and believed the "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."

Consequently, Favre is unlikely to take the field for practice Tuesday afternoon, pending his second meeting with coach Mike McCarthy -- though sources told ESPN's Wendi Nix that Favre's wife, Deanna, and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, are encouraging him to practice.

"We're at a stalemate," Favre said. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North, preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.

Favre clarified reports that he and the Packers have backpedaled on the premise that there would be an open competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job.

"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre said. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."

Favre, who officially returned from retirement Sunday, met with McCarthy for 5½ hours on Monday night without reaching a resolution. The meeting went long enough that McCarthy had to postpone a planned briefing with the media.

Favre announced his retirement on March 6, and the Packers moved ahead with Rodgers, Favre's former understudy, as the team's new starting quarterback. But Favre, still under contract with the Packers, then followed through on hints that he was interested in a return to the NFL.

The Packers have attempted to work out a trade outside the NFC North, with the New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers reported as likely suitors, but to no avail. And last week, team president Mark Murphy flew to Mississippi to discuss a marketing deal for Favre worth a reported $25 million. Favre has not accepted that deal, either.

Asked what stories have been "planted," Favre alluded to the reports that said he waffled on un-retiring in late March or early April. He said that's "just not the way it went down, at all."

He also expressed anger with the stories that alleged he had a team-issued cell phone that showed the Vikings were tampering with him.

"Again, that was bull on both parts," he said.

"Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired."

He added, "So they can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth. They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

ESPN's Chris Mortensen covers the NFL. ESPN reporter Wendi Nix contributed to this report.

I read on NFL.com that Favre has left Lambeau field shortly before 3 pm which was the start time for the Packers practice today.

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
c'mon favre we need a new QB. I mean we have arguably the number one RB and backed up by the number 3 RB. We need someone that can throw the shit deep.

hunterkiller
08-06-2008, 05:55 AM
c'mon favre we need a new QB. I mean we have arguably the number one RB and backed up by the number 3 RB. We need someone that can throw the shit deep.

Coach McCarthy of the Pack said that Favre is not in a mindset to play for his Green Bay Packers. Favre is done in Green Bay. My guess would be if Minnesota offered Favre a 2nd round pick, they'd get him. Minnesota is the only team that makes sense.

Oats420
08-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Not to mention, a pretty solid o-line. But screw the Vikings, and Peterson. :angry4:

But on topic, this whole Favre story just keeps bringing us twist after twist. First he's going back to the Packers, then he's being traded, then he's being offered to compete for the starting QB job in packerland, now he's not even in their plans again....

I just don't get it. :confusedsmilie:

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Not to mention, a pretty solid o-line. But screw the Vikings, and Peterson. :angry4:

But on topic, this whole Favre story just keeps bringing us twist after twist. First he's going back to the Packers, then he's being traded, then he's being offered to compete for the starting QB job in packerland, now he's not even in their plans again....

I just don't get it. :confusedsmilie:what are you a chargers,bears,or anyother team peterson made look like his bitch last season, fan? Sour grapes. Or even worse the dreaded bronco's fan? That team is great (at losing).

iverbure
08-06-2008, 09:13 AM
i am listening to all night sports radio with jason smith and there is a report out of tampa that a Favre deal will likely be completed sometime tomorrow.

Gotta love breaking news at about 2am eastern time.

Last time i was listening to the radio at 2am Willie Randolph was getting fired lol.

Oats420
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
what are you a chargers,bears,or anyother team peterson made look like his bitch last season, fan? Sour grapes. Or even worse the dreaded bronco's fan? That team is great (at losing).

Right... and how many years have you missed the play-offs? Unless Peterson runs all over everyone, everygame, it'll be another missed year.

Even when the Broncos have a bad season, we do something about it. You guys got lucky getting Peterson 7th that draft year, and he's what your whole team is.

/rant

Haha, it's gonna be a looooong season. :D

hunterkiller
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
The SI.com Truth and Rumors section, which is usually reliable is reporting the Packers are negotiating with the Bucs and Jets with the Bucs being the most likely.

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Right... and how many years have you missed the play-offs? Unless Peterson runs all over everyone, everygame, it'll be another missed year.

Even when the Broncos have a bad season, we do something about it. You guys got lucky getting Peterson 7th that draft year, and he's what your whole team is.

/rant

Haha, it's gonna be a looooong season. :Dum we haven't had but 1 losing season in almost 20 years.how many years will the broncos make the playoffs? How many since?

Oats420
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
um we haven't had but 1 losing season in almost 20 years.how many years will the broncos make the playoffs? How many since?

You're kidding right? You've gone 6-10 or worse 3 times in the since 2000.

And if you consider going 8-8 a winning season, then no wonder you're looking forward towards another one. :sadsong:

hunterkiller
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM

And if you consider going 8-8 a winning season, then no wonder you're looking forward towards another one. :sadsong:

This thread is for Favre news. If you want to fight with Ifight, please pick another thread.

Ifightforaliving
08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
so looks like no Favre for Minnesota. Where do you think he will go?

Oats420
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes yes... on topic.

Yeah, apparently... from SI.com they are saying there's a strong chance that he's going to Tampa Bay.

hunterkiller
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
The latest news is Ted Thompson, the Packers general managr had a press conference set for 12:30 pm EST and it was pushed back. It looks like the Pack are negotiating a deal and are waiting to see what happens before their press conference.

Nasty
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I say he winds up in Tampa. Wherever he goes, I'll be glad when it's over so I don't have to listen to the talking heads on ESPN go on and on about it. It's gotten so bad, they don't even favor the Yankees or Red Sox as the lead story anymore! That's pretty drastic! lol Personally, I think he's just a glory-hound, but that's me.

Here's the real question...how well will he do on whatever team he's going to? How well will that throw off the back foot into double coverage mentality go over in Tampa where his receivers will be nowhere near as good as they were in GB?

gsprulz
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM

Dude, Vikings have always been the team to beat in the nfc. Vikings will win the division and dominant this year.

bigsmooth696969
08-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Favre to the Jets! LMFAO!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA, I hope he tanks so damn bad in NY that they offer him $20,000,000 to retire! LMAO! This couldn't work out any better for me, a Favre hater! When he wears #4 in J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS land, I will forever think of Glenn Foley...the REAL #4 of the NY Jets!

Ifightforaliving
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
HAHAHA he went to the Jets that is funny. Doesn't matter they will suck either way. I see Favre sitting on his ass after a record year for sacks. He would have been better with GB. They have the better O line Dline and all around team. HAHAHAHA

Parpa
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah Favre is not going to do so well this year.

hunterkiller
08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I think the Jets may surprise you. They made a lot of improvements this offseason and only needed a quarterback.

I think it's ludicrous that the only reason Mike McCarthy is the coach of the Packers because 2 years ago he was brought in because he was formerly Favre's QB coach and they wanted him to try and keep Favre around for a few years. Fast forward 2 years and he's running Favre out of town.

I hope the Pack is a colossal failure this year and McCarthy and Ted Thompson are sent packing.

Oats420
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Shocking to see that Favre is going to the Jets. I agree with thecoylewis about the Jets... they have a pretty solid team and greatly needed a QB, and they got one hell of a QB in Brett Favre. Still though, the AFC is much different then the NFC. Favre will learn fast.

Nasty
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Throwing big looping passes into triple coverage against the Pats will be nothing like throwing big looping passes into triple coverage against the Lions. lol

The Jets have quietly built a pretty decent o-line over the last few years. They drafted LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold a few years back, G Brandon Moore has been a pretty consistent starter over the last three years and they signed Alan Fancea in the offseason.

According to Adam Schefter, he was dealt for a conditional 4th rounder that will escalate with playing time. If he takes 50% of the snaps, it becomes a 3rd rounder. If he takes 70% and the Jets make the playoffs, it's a 2nd rounder. If he takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets somehow make it to the Super Bowl, it's a first rounder. Using some reason and common sense, dealing at worst a late 2nd rounder for Brett Favre (come on...we know the Jets aren't going to make the Super Bowl) is a pretty good deal. There is also a one-and-done clause in the contract which works as follows...

-If the Jets owe a 1st rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green Bay's 5th rounder in '10.

-If the Jets owe a 2nd rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green bay's 6th rounder in '10

-If the Jets owe a 3rd rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green Bay's 7th rounder in '10.

-If the Jets owe a 4th rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get jack shit and a joy of knowing their starting QB in '10 will be either Kellen Clemens or Erik Ainge.:dumbass:

pa99fighter
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
HAHAHA he went to the Jets that is funny. Doesn't matter they will suck either way. I see Favre sitting on his ass after a record year for sacks. He would have been better with GB. They have the better O line Dline and all around team. HAHAHAHA
The jets have a better O line. You probaly don't even know anybody on the Jets line.

I think the Jets may surprise you. They made a lot of improvements this offseason and only needed a quarterback.

I think it's ludicrous that the only reason Mike McCarthy is the coach of the Packers because 2 years ago he was brought in because he was formerly Favre's QB coach and they wanted him to try and keep Favre around for a few years. Fast forward 2 years and he's running Favre out of town.

I hope the Pack is a colossal failure this year and McCarthy and Ted Thompson are sent packing.
Agreed. I gotta spread the love first.

hunterkiller
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
NFL Shop (http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp)

Hey PA99, NFL Shop is already taking orders for the Favre Jets jersey.

Oats420
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5098320reg.jpg

Wow, so weird! I guess we gotta get used to it.

pa99fighter
08-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I'll pass on paying $80 for 1 season maybe 2 of him playing there.

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 05:42 AM

The Jets need alot more than a QB! There rushing defense was 29th last year. Thomas Jones once again proved he can not stay healthy and that no other RB on the team can step up. Plus, he will be 30...just when RB's tend to lose a step.....Shaun Alexander ring a bell? Their #1 TE is having a contract dispute. Coles is going to be 31 and has injury problems. The Oline is the only thing they have going for them. They need playmakers and they don't have any. Favre is done. He's gonna throw 30+ INT's because they will be playing from behind almost every game. The Jets, at best will be 8-8 but I think 6-10 is more realistic. Thats giving them 2 wins vs Miami and Buffalo and wins against KC and SF. Maybe they beat Oakland and St Louis but I think those 2 teams have improved way more than the Jets.

pa99fighter
08-08-2008, 06:11 AM
The Jets need alot more than a QB! There rushing defense was 29th last year. Thomas Jones once again proved he can not stay healthy and that no other RB on the team can step up. Plus, he will be 30...just when RB's tend to lose a step.....Shaun Alexander ring a bell? Their #1 TE is having a contract dispute. Coles is going to be 31 and has injury problems. The Oline is the only thing they have going for them. They need playmakers and they don't have any. Favre is done. He's gonna throw 30+ INT's because they will be playing from behind almost every game. The Jets, at best will be 8-8 but I think 6-10 is more realistic. Thats giving them 2 wins vs Miami and Buffalo and wins against KC and SF. Maybe they beat Oakland and St Louis but I think those 2 teams have improved way more than the Jets.

We added Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, and Kris Jenkins to improve our defense. Thomas Jones did ok but he'll do better next year with our improved offensive line. Leon Washington has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL he won most valuable Jet last year and everyone still writes him off. We drafted Dustin Keller to improve our TE and we signed Bubba Franks we might do fine without Baker. Did you type that whole post without even looking at what the Jets did to improve their team last offseason. Favre throwing 30 ints:headscratch: yeah okay I'll legally change my name to Tom Brady if that happens. And how is Favre done after finishing 2nd in mvp voting last year. All your points make no sense your post is one big failure.

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I backed up everything I said. Calvin Pace has had 1 good year which was last year where he doubled every stat catagory for his damn 5 year career. That makes him good? Vernon Gholston is a rookie and hasn't done shit in the NFL. Most question if he should have even been a top 10 guy. He had 1 good game vs Michigan and everyone is on his nuts. Kris Jenkins has had 6.5 sacks in 4 years and has missed an entire season due to injury in 2005. How is Leon Washington underrated? 1003 yards and 7 TD's in 2 years in under rated??? So you would take 500 yards and 3 TD's a year from your RB? Last year in the 4 games he started he had 16 rushes for 47 yards with no TD's. Leon Washington - New York Jets - Split Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7866/splits;_ylt=Aue0FeQ4sWRfbvTZYYia2w7.uLYF)
He won MVP of the Jets because the whole team was garbage.

Look at Favre's situational stats. He is great with a lead but is no better than average when tied or losing.
Brett Favre - New York Jets - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/situational;_ylt=Av6kn7haRydDsKGpP.d2lPP.uLYF) Oh and what has happened in the last 2 NFC Championship games Favre has been in? He threw crutial 4th quarter INT's causing his team to lose. I guess throwing into quadrouple coverage does come back to bite you in the ass. Also, with no PROVEN running game, defenses are gonna key in on Favre and blitz his ass off....sounds like a lot of quadrouple coverage passes are coming to the Meadowlands.
Bubba Franks hasn't done shit since 2004 with a total of 68 receptions, 571 yards, and 4 TDs in 3 seasons since. Baker damn near did that by himself last year with 41 receptions, 409 yards, and 3 TD's.

I actually like the Jets and hope they do good but they have nothing working for them. Thank God their division, excluding New England, is horrible. The Jets could possibly have a top 5 pick next year.

So I just disproved everything you said with stats to back them all up. Anything else you would like to add for me to prove you wrong on?

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 04:01 PM

When you first joined the forums, I enjoyed reading your posts. Lately it seems all you do is bitch, complain and disrespect someone with every post. That's saying ALOT from me considering I'm bad for it at times as well.

The fact remains, you have a skewed view on everything.

While Favre joining the Jets likely won't make them a Super Bowl contender, it will definitely make them better. Just by Favre joining the team, the Jets running game improves because now defenses now can't put 8 in the box and dare Pennington or Clemens to beat them. Washington and Jones will get 1,000 each this year, you write it down.

Coles may be 31 but he's still got what it takes. Jericho Cottchery may be one of the most underrated players in the league.

They also did plenty to upgrade their defense. It's no stretch of the imagination at all to think they could go 10-6 this year. Look at New Orleans 2 years ago. They went from 2-14 to 11-5 just by upgrading a quarterback.

Keep in mind, I'm not a big Jets fan. I just think this helps them. I don't expect you to understand because you're a self professed Favre hater which will automatically skew your vision on the matter.

Ifightforaliving
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I think the Jets will be better no doubt,however if anyone thinks that this team is better in anyway(with the exception possibly at QB) than GB was they are dreaming. I actually hope he makes a difference there if only because I want to watch the Jets put up a fight in their division.

I really hope we don't get pennington.Fucking choke machine. I wish we had gotten Garcia before Tampa Bay.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I think the Jets will be better no doubt,however if anyone thinks that this team is better in anyway(with the exception possibly at QB) than GB was they are dreaming. I actually hope he makes a difference there if only because I want to watch the Jets put up a fight in their division.

I really hope we don't get pennington.Fucking choke machine. I wish we had gotten Garcia before Tampa Bay.

I actually think Green Bay is now in the position NY was in. They have all of the pieces they need except a QB. Their top 2 quarterbacks have 0 starts between them and Rogers has looked terrible so far in camp and in their scrimmage.

I actually hope the Vikes do sign Pennington. I would like to see that. I think Pennington will surprise you.

pa99fighter
08-08-2008, 05:53 PM

Pennington is a good quarterback when he is healthy and has a good line backing him up. He is a very smart accurate quarterback and one of the best play action pass quarterbacks out there. He just can't throw the ball deep but if you get 06 Pennington the Vikings will make the playoffs for sure. I'm sad the Jets don't have Pennington anymore I liked him but Favre is much better so I understand. I also don't know what to do with my Vilma and Pennington Jerseys haha.

Ifightforaliving
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah,but thats the problem I hope he is the 06 version,because as of late he hasn't looked good. Also nice fucking sig. Mousasi is the shit.

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Pennington is a good quarterback when he is healthy and has a good line backing him up. He is a very smart accurate quarterback and one of the best play action pass quarterbacks out there. He just can't throw the ball deep but if you get 06 Pennington the Vikings will make the playoffs for sure. I'm sad the Jets don't have Pennington anymore I liked him but Favre is much better so I understand. I also don't know what to do with my Vilma and Pennington Jerseys haha.

Agreed! Pennington is solid. You're never gonna get 300 yard 4 TD games but he's gonna give you 200 yards and a TD or 2. If he has a good line and RB, he can thrive. I always thought Chad would do really well and he has in some cases. His shoulder injuries have really hurt him though. Now, in his career, I believe he could be better served as a backup who can start and give you a very solid chance to win.

Thecoylewis, hey man, you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. I am a die hard sports fan and I get really passionate on subjects. I am sorry you don't share my views on things but when I come with an arguement, I bring stats. I backed up everything I said with stats. I believe Favre is a great player, but I think his hype is blown way out of proportion, especially at this stage of his career. I get upset when I back my points up and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Stats do not lie. I don't see how you think the first post I wrote was bitching. Now the second post, oh you better believe I was bitching. When someone tells me my points make no sense, even with stats to back them up, I tend to get upset because its like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Washington and Jones both get 1000 rushing yards???? You wanna sig/av bet on that?

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Thecoylewis, hey man, you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. I am a die hard sports fan and I get really passionate on subjects. I am sorry you don't share my views on things but when I come with an arguement, I bring stats. I backed up everything I said with stats. I believe Favre is a great player, but I think his hype is blown way out of proportion, especially at this stage of his career. I get upset when I back my points up and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Stats do not lie. I don't see how you think the first post I wrote was bitching. Now the second post, oh you better believe I was bitching. When someone tells me my points make no sense, even with stats to back them up, I tend to get upset because its like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Washington and Jones both get 1000 rushing yards???? You wanna sig/av bet on that?

I applaud you for sticking to your guns. I was pointing out that over the last several weeks, your posts have turned bitter and negative.

I'm glad that you are passionate and back your arguments up. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much.

However, don't always rely on stats. They can be very deceiving at times.

As far as Jones-Washington getting 1000 each, Jones rushed for more than a thousand last year and Washington has rushed for an average of 500 over the past 2 years and that's without the O-line they have now and with questionable quarterback play. Is it really unreasonable to believe that with a better O-line and a quarterback that will back the defenses off that they can both get 1000 yards barring an injury?

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I applaud you for sticking to your guns. I was pointing out that over the last several weeks, your posts have turned bitter and negative.

I'm glad that you are passionate and back your arguments up. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much.

However, don't always rely on stats. They can be very deceiving at times.

As far as Jones-Washington getting 1000 each, Jones rushed for more than a thousand last year and Washington has rushed for an average of 500 over the past 2 years and that's without the O-line they have now and with questionable quarterback play. Is it really unreasonable to believe that with a better O-line and a quarterback that will back the defenses off that they can both get 1000 yards barring an injury?

Its not unreasonable at all. Here is my reason why this will not happen. Favre is a pass first QB, right? The offense will be keyed around him. For Washington and Jones both to get 1000 yards each, You would have to give them each atleast 20 carries a game and I think it is unlikely with Favre as QB. Washington, from what I have been reading, is going to be the PR/KR so I don't see him being a huge contributer at RB. I see him as a 3rd down back or a guy who can spell Jones for a few plays. Jones has too many injuries for me to count on him 100%. I think between the 2 of them, 1500 yards is a reasonable projection.

I do sometimes come across as bitching but its hard to convey your true emotions with text. I have never been a Favre fan and I think his time has come. He does make the Jets better but the 1 or 2 years they have him for, it could be used to making Clemens better. Kinda like the same thing in GB. Rodgers was drafted to be the guy when Favre retired. Clemens was drafted to take over for Pennington. I think a potential 4th or 3rd round pick for Favre was a steal for the Jets. There is not a realistic chance of a Super Bowl to make it a 2nd or 1st round pick.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Its not unreasonable at all. Here is my reason why this will not happen. Favre is a pass first QB, right? The offense will be keyed around him. For Washington and Jones both to get 1000 yards each, You would have to give them each atleast 20 carries a game and I think it is unlikely with Favre as QB. Washington, from what I have been reading, is going to be the PR/KR so I don't see him being a huge contributer at RB. I see him as a 3rd down back or a guy who can spell Jones for a few plays. Jones has too many injuries for me to count on him 100%. I think between the 2 of them, 1500 yards is a reasonable projection.

I do sometimes come across as bitching but its hard to convey your true emotions with text. I have never been a Favre fan and I think his time has come. He does make the Jets better but the 1 or 2 years they have him for, it could be used to making Clemens better. Kinda like the same thing in GB. Rodgers was drafted to be the guy when Favre retired. Clemens was drafted to take over for Pennington. I think a potential 4th or 3rd round pick for Favre was a steal for the Jets. There is not a realistic chance of a Super Bowl to make it a 2nd or 1st round pick.

Favre is normally a pass first QB but that will change while he learns teh offense. Also, Ryan Grant rushed for more yards last year than any other RB in the league in games he played.

And it won't take 20 carries a game to get 1000. 1000 isn't very many in today's NFL. 1000 yards is only a 62 yard per game average. You can get that in less than 15 carries with a measly 4 yards per carry average.

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Favre is normally a pass first QB but that will change while he learns teh offense. Also, Ryan Grant rushed for more yards last year than any other RB in the league in games he played.

And it won't take 20 carries a game to get 1000. 1000 isn't very many in today's NFL. 1000 yards is only a 62 yard per game average. You can get that in less than 15 carries with a measly 4 yards per carry average.

Yeah but with Jones as your clear cut starter, I just don't see the carries there for Leon to get to 1000 yards.

hunterkiller
08-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah but with Jones as your clear cut starter, I just don't see the carries there for Leon to get to 1000 yards.

You may be surprised. There are alot of 2 back systems in the league now and I think Washington will be utilized more.

Poindexter
08-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Being in NY, I'm stoked. I liked Chad Pennington and was looking for some redemption this year, but he wasn't getting it done.

hunterkiller
08-09-2008, 05:47 AM
I've heard on the radio in the 36 hours since the trade, that Favre's Jets jerseys have sold a record number of amounts but I didn't catch the actual amount.

Oats420
08-09-2008, 05:50 AM
I've heard on the radio in the 36 hours since the trade, that Favre's Jets jerseys have sold a record number of amounts but I didn't catch the actual amount.

I don't doubt it. "The Favre Saga" was the most drama i've seen heading into a NFL season. Plus New York has how many people...?

jokerthief
08-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I am done with Football forever because of this. I will never watch it again.

hunterkiller
08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Favre is starting the Jets next preseason game.

KevoOnTheRadio
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Fuck you fuck Brett Farve and fuck your mother fuckin bots bringin up this bullshit fuck brett farve

http://media.jrn.com/images/favre122010.jpg

Masscore
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Ummmm random...