PDA

View Full Version : Should We Institute a 'Neg Nuke'?

sandywh
08-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Could I trade in all my rep to be able to neg a poster -300 ??????

I would love to "Super Neg" someone....Hiroshima style.

I dont think I have ever negd anyone but would gladly do it if it zapped 300 points from em'

^^Giving credit where its due for the awesomest idea ever

Here's the deal.

No need for replying to the post, just a simple of vote of who is favor of a 'Neg Nuke'?

Rules of the Neg Nuke:
- You can select any amount of your own rep to be taken away in order to Neg Nuke another poster
- Neg Nukes to be PM'd to the Mod / Admin staff for approval, with Neggor / Neggee and amount of Neg Nuke being listed
- Neggor cannot send someone to less than 0 overall rep (thus not allowing that person to be banned)
- Neggor cannot neg rep anyone else for a minimum of 30 days beyong his Neg Nuke (this keeps infinite rep people from getting to power hungry)
- A Neg Nuke directory will be linked so that the entire community can see who has dropped these visious bombs on people

leedogg900
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't like it. Just my honest opinion. It also doesn't make much sense.

Ifightforaliving
08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I think its a bad Idea. i mean some people take their rep seriously. What if people neg nuke people to the point that they start to leave. I think this will only cause hard feelings between posters.people already get upset about a few points what do you think happens if say they are at 1000 and then go to 0. Flame wars galore. Also I think the long time users would have the far upper hand with the amount of rep they can throw away and still have infinite. And it would be abused like crazy by the people who dislike someone for stupid ass reasons. Sorry this was funny as a suggestion,but if put into play it is a fucking bad idea.

Parpa
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I just got here I dont wanna lose my rep if someone doesn't like one post. neg me and thats fine ,but just because you disagree with one thing I say you can take all the rep others have given? thats wrong man...

2mcgrath
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
it could be a good idea and i could see where it wouldnt.if the negging was just because you didnt like someone then bad idea,it would start flame wars.but on the other hand people would fear it and stay in line better,and maybe make better posters.so it has its up and downs

strife
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I personally don't care enough about rep to give a shit about a neg nuke. It's not a needed change to the forum.

MasterShake
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
I think the only way it should be allowed is if MODs'/Admin have to approve it as a just cause to Neg Nuke someone. Or put a MOD in charge of this task. I think that I Mastershake would be fair and just to this position. If that be the case I would like to throw my name in the hat for that position.

jokerthief
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
All this would accomplish would be to add a bunch of emo drama periodically to the forums. The last thing this forum needs is more emo drama.

sandywh
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
All this would accomplish would be to add a bunch of emo drama periodically to the forums. The last thing this forum needs is more emo drama.

Yes maybe, but it would eventually keep noobs in line. If they had to fear the Neg Nuke coming from someone with inifinite rep, they'd be less likely to try and flame.

Also, there are some people on here that we all just don't like and a Neg Nuke is a great way to show that.

Personally I rarely neg people. Maybe less than a dozen in the past year, but the guys I neg I wish I could neg back to rookie status, cause they obviously suck balls.

Besides, I think it would be fun when 2 ininite rep guys go flaming each other and one is will to sacrifice all of his rep to neg the other. Like is I wanted to take my 3000 rep points and try to Neg Nuke Uber (not that I would, but it would be funny as hell to do)

Submissionist
08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Imo if we are going to institute this idea, the person getting neg nuked has to really cross the line to deserve it, it can't be for stupid trivial arguments.

sandywh
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/Panzerfaust92/Bomb.gif

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x308/sscreature/Tactical_Nuke_Moderator_Avatar_by_b.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/tysisshadow/Myspace/nuke.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/Msdos4/GIF/4736585ff75682b2020851749e64e411st0.gif

pa99fighter
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
It's their rep they should have the choice how they want to spend it. I say yes.

jokerthief
08-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes maybe, but it would eventually keep noobs in line. )

A regular neg is enough to keep noobs in line. This idea would be for targeting regulars. Anytime anything happens to a regular, as many people get pissed off as are pleased. This idea is something that could really affect the tone around here in a negative way. I was attracted to this site because it was the most civil MMA forum that I had seen. This has begun to change this year and a neg nuke could irrevocably change the tone in the wrong direction. If this site got appreciably more negative, I would probably end up pulling a Noob and quit posting. I don't think I would be alone either. I know that there are some long time regulars who are not happy with the way this place is changing.

The potential benefit of a neg nuke would be marginal but the potential downside would be huge. It's a dangerous idea that could drive away many good posters.

Rep should be about communicating approval or disapproval for specific posts. It shouldn't be a tool of forum warfare IMO.

MasterShake
08-07-2008, 06:25 PM
A regular neg is enough to keep noobs in line. This idea would be for targeting regulars. Anytime anything happens to a regular, as many people get pissed off as are pleased. This idea is something that could really affect the tone around here in a negative way. I was attracted to this site because it was the most civil MMA forum that I had seen. This has begun to change this year and a neg nuke could irrevocably change the tone in the wrong direction. If this site got appreciably more negative, I would probably end up pulling a Noob and quit posting. I don't think I would be alone either. I know that there are some long time regulars who are not happy with the way this place is changing.

The potential benefit of a neg nuke would be marginal but the potential downside would be huge. It's a dangerous idea that could drive away many good posters.

Rep should be about communicating approval or disapproval for specific posts. It shouldn't be a tool of forum warfare IMO.

Well spoken and logical points, it would drag the place down. It has taken me quite a long time to get my REP where it is at. I feel I have earned it by searching the net endlessly to find news, and good shit to post, I would be upset if one day it was all gone. I really dont feel like I would want to continue posting to get back what little credability I have recieved from my peers on here.
I feel REP definetly represents the quality of posters and what they contribute it some times affects what I read and how I handle peoples post. I now have to say I am against it. Good post Joker

Ubermensch
08-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Voice of reason the Idea is cute and sure there are some people I would love to do it to. There are other ways to do it though. I think this really needs to be thought out more clearly.

JoeSons BruisedNuts
08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/Msdos4/GIF/4736585ff75682b2020851749e64e411st0.gif

This is great....I keep watching it over and over.

If the they do get the nuke, this should be their av for 24 hours

sandywh
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Voice of reason the Idea is cute and sure there are some people I would love to do it to. There are other ways to do it though. I think this really needs to be thought out more clearly.

Joker's right (he does that sometimes, it creeps me out too).

I personally only need 3 Nukes to accomplish my goal.

I took Joeson's idea and ran with it. All I could think of is if Bullock and Palma had Neg Nuked each other, followed by all the other drama llamas that came in later Neg Nuking each other. The flaming would have lasted about 2 pages, cause noone with anything to lose would have opened their mouths.

So really, like a true American, I want the Nukes only for peacefull purposes.

hunterkiller
08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
You could implement the neg nuke with limits. Limit exactly how many points could be taken and you have to give up twice that many points to be able to use up. For example, limit it to say 250 points but you have to give up 500 points to do it.

Poindexter
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
You could implement the neg nuke with limits. Limit exactly how many points could be taken and you have to give up twice that many points to be able to use up. For example, limit it to say 250 points but you have to give up 500 points to do it.

That sounds better, but I think the 'neg nuke' is an unnecessary addition to the rules. It would definitely create more unwanted drama.

ILJO
08-08-2008, 02:18 AM
I voted yes simply for the entertainment value and the fact that I dont think I would ever or have ever upset anyone enough to get neg nuked

but the more I think about it, the more I agree with Joker. It would cause a lot of bitterness and flame wars and what not

there might be a way to make it work though. maybe a certain percentage of the rep would be nuked and that would make it so the long time posters dont have the upper hand and make a limit to like 1 person per every couple months or so. Maybe also the person nuking would have to earn the right to nuke somehow. Not everyone should be able to do it

bigsmooth696969
08-08-2008, 03:54 AM
I just think this will cause too much shit and members blaming MODs and vice versa. I think the idea is funny but this will run people off faster than the bitching currently cycling around threads.

chungt79
08-13-2008, 07:47 AM
I am sorry but this is the dumbest idea ever. You would give any one individual that much power? Why does it have to be about giving people neg reps? Its just plain dumb and it would open up a whole new issues.