PDA

View Full Version : NFL Preseason Playoff Predictions

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
It's early to predict playoff contenders being that the season hasn't even started yet but I've read several sports columns that have done it, so I thought it would be fun to start it up on here.

Make your picks on who you think wins the division and who are the 2 wildcard teams for both conferences. Maybe when the playoffs roll around come January, we can look back and see who's right and who's wrong.

AFC East - New England "cheatin' ass" Patriots
AFC West - San Diego Chargers
AFC North - Cincinatti Bengals
AFC South - Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys
NFC West - Seattle Seahawks
NFC North - Minnesota Vikings
NFC South - Carolina Panthers

2 AFC Wildcards - NY Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers
2 NFC Wildcards - NY Giants, New Orleans Saints

I left out the Colts. I don't think they make the playoffs this year. Peyton Manning won't play a snap until the 1st regular season game and that's if he's even ready then. He had knee surgery this offseason to remove infection from his knee and there's been speculation that the infection may have played hell on the tendons and ligaments of his knee. Manning has an injury filled year and the Colts regress.

Ifightforaliving
08-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I gotta say I damn well agree with all of those. I wish I could rep you again.

Oats420
08-08-2008, 10:36 AM
My picks are...

AFC East - New England Patriots (but I hope not)
AFC West - San Diego Chargers (again... I'd rather my Broncos win this one, but I think they'll still get the wildcard)
AFC North - Gotta go with Steeltown
AFC South - Indianapolis Colts

NFC South - New Orleans Saints

2 AFC Wildcards - Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns (after just missing them last year, they just sneak in this year)
2 NFC Wildcards - Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams (that's right, the Rams. The NFC is soft and anyone can take the wildcard really... but I think they'll shock us this year)

Those are my early picks... i'm sure they'll change right before the season starts.

pa99fighter
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
AFC East - Patriots
AFC North - Cleveland Browns

NFC West - Arizona Cardinals

2 AFC Wildcards - NY Jets, Colts
2 NFC Wildcards - NY Giants, Seattle Seahawks

AFC: I expect the Jets to split their series with the Patriots but the Pats to win the division by a win or two. The Colts have one or two more years left of being a top team imo. I have the Steelers as my team that misses the postseason this year even with their great draft I just expect Big Ben to have a bad year. The Browns should be good again. The Jags are my superbowl prediction besides the Jets of course.

NFC: The Cowboys will be a dominate regular season team again and I think they have a chance at getting into the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. The Cardinals will win their division with a breakout year from Matt Leinart. The Viking will run their way to a post season and the Saints will be good again this year. The Giants will win Wild Card again along with the Seahawks.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
2 NFC Wildcards - Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams (that's right, the Rams. The NFC is soft and anyone can take the wildcard really... but I think they'll shock us this year)

The Rams don't win 6 games this year. Sig bet it.

Oats420
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't like to bet on other teams other than my favourites, but I think the Rams can atleast go 6-10. Maybe a week bet or something... but then it doesn't make it worth it to wait a whole season... I don't know, your call.

Ifightforaliving
08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
The Rams don't win 6 games this year. Sig bet it.
every time you post now I just keep thinking. "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass"'

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
every time you post now I just keep thinking. "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass"'

I'm glad I could make you think that. That is actually my favorite line in that movie. That part of "Lebowski" makes me cry with laughter every time I see it.

TeddyDaBear
08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Coy, i dont think Cincy is winning the AFC North. I say it's either Browns or the Steelers and Cincy and Balt. will be in the bottom 2.

hunterkiller
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Coy, i dont think Cincy is winning the AFC North. I say it's either Browns or the Steelers and Cincy and Balt. will be in the bottom 2.

You could be right but here's my logic for the Cincy pick.

Cincy is due. Since they have had a resurgence, they've been up and down. Last year they were down so I think they have a good year this year.

Pittsburgh is questionable on the offensive line and that will play hell on Rothlisberger.

Cleveland, as much as I like them, were a fluke last year. That will show this year. When was the last time the Browns had back to back winning seasons?

I could be wrong. We'll see what happens.

marco47
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
AFC East - New England Patriots
AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers

2 AFC Wildcards - NY Jets, Indianapolis Colts
2 NFC Wildcards - NY Giants, Green Bay Packers

Jags will make another deep run into the playoffs. Could be their year.

riggs
08-13-2008, 01:35 PM
AFC East - New England Patriots
AFC North - Cleveland Browns

NFC South - Carolina Panthers

2 AFC Wildcards - Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts
2 NFC Wildcards - Washington Redskins, Philadelphia Eagles