PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Show

pimpslappd
06-09-2006, 05:19 AM
That was pretty crazy, I thought Kristian or Tait would came back but Ross coming back should be interesting...Definately was unexpected

Afro
06-09-2006, 05:25 AM
it was Ross who came back? HELL YAH

what happened with Matt? is he gone? I didnt see, was watchin the game.

Go Kalib!

pimpslappd
06-09-2006, 06:02 AM
shit sorry I guess I shoulda put spoiler but kaleb ended up quitting cause of his rib. What did you guys all think of the show, I really watned Kalib to win but next week looks real good

Afro
06-09-2006, 06:07 AM
shit sorry I guess I shoulda put spoiler but kaleb ended up quitting cause of his rib. What did you guys all think of the show, I really watned Kalib to win but next week looks real good
I wanted Kalib to win too, guys a beast but hes got little heart sadly =/

Ross though! thats my dog, I doubt he beats Bisping.. they fought before and Bisping won.. and Bisping now has a lot more training then Ross has had but you know that guys got a future in the UFC, Dana loves him for good reasons

Jesse beats Josh I think

Josh is a moron talkin about losers like hes never lost a fight before.

bobbybennett
06-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Kalib disappointed me tonite. So did Taint and Kristian. Ross is awesome, win or lose.

pimpslappd
06-09-2006, 06:28 AM
I like Ross and Bisping should be a real good fight, hopefully Ed fights a little better next week. Who do you think will win that?

bobbybennett
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Ed. Rory doesn't look like much of a fighter.

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
I like Ross and Bisping should be a real good fight, hopefully Ed fights a little better next week. Who do you think will win that?
i don't think it's going to be a good fight.bisping wins easily.ross's recocord is like 4-6 and bisping is undefeated and has already beat pointon.this is almost like giving bisping a bye into the finals.

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 06:35 AM
i thought wrestlers were suppose to have great conditioning and stamina. how the hell is hamill going to be exausted at the end of that fight if he's such a great wrestler?He only wrestled division one anyway.

pimpslappd
06-09-2006, 06:58 AM
I dont understand if there gonna try out for The Ultimate Fighter why they wouldnt work out and get ready for it. All of them seem to be out of shape or most of them I mean I know its a lot into a fight but even goin by what the coaches say and the fights Ive seen they all just seem really outta shape

Kimuras"R"Us
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Random thoughts from tonight's show:

The whole Hamil situation confuses the shit out of me. He didn't even get hit that much, and the punches he got hit with didn't look like they had a lot on them.

Can't believe Kristian and Taint (haha to whomever coined that I can't remember), what pussies, I woulda fought in the semis right now with no training, knowing i had a 99.999999999% chance of losing, and they couldn't fight on short notice? Pussies.

Couldn't like Ross anymore than I do right now, I think he's not even a good fighter, he just seems like a complete whacko i'd love to drink with.

Ed will kill Rory next week, Rory is horrendous, annoying, and if he wins the show I'd never watch it again.

Anthony
06-09-2006, 08:56 AM
What was Tait's excuse for not fighting?

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Random thoughts from tonight's show:

The whole Hamil situation confuses the shit out of me. He didn't even get hit that much, and the punches he got hit with didn't look like they had a lot on them.

Can't believe Kristian and Taint (haha to whomever coined that I can't remember), what pussies, I woulda fought in the semis right now with no training, knowing i had a 99.999999999% chance of losing, and they couldn't fight on short notice? Pussies.

Couldn't like Ross anymore than I do right now, I think he's not even a good fighter, he just seems like a complete whacko i'd love to drink with.

Ed will kill Rory next week, Rory is horrendous, annoying, and if he wins the show I'd never watch it again.
I'd love to drink with a crazy Europeaner also.

killerinstinct
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
What was Tait's excuse for not fighting?
his lips were sore from sucking so much dick. he just couldn't fight.

LA Suxs
06-09-2006, 09:29 AM
i thought wrestlers were suppose to have great conditioning and stamina. how the hell is hamill going to be exausted at the end of that fight if he's such a great wrestler?He only wrestled division one anyway.

we also go for the full 6-7 mins at full speed, at times control is a problem. he wwrestled D3 btw

arashikagepunishment
06-09-2006, 09:33 AM
i gotta disagree with ed beating rory. i mean him being annoying to the cast and things like that have nothing to do with his fighting abilities. he shut up his first opponet and i expect he'll do the same thing to ed. i feel as if ed is going to take him lightly and hes going to be in for a rude awakening. though it does seem like ed uses alot of head games. so maybe rory will defeat himself before the bout even starts with fustration and the feeling of being alienated. i think the fight will be a knock down drag out fight. this is going to be more of a grudge match then anything.

as for this weeks fight i thought it was awesome. its just shame it had to end like that. i think round 3 would of been great to watch. i'm just really glad it didnt go to a judges decision.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more. Ed at least looks like a solid fighter, while Rory is just a waste. I can't say one thing I think Rory does even average, except make me dislike him, which he does very above average.

pimpslappd
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Soloman Had him beat in his first fight just he was outta shape and caught an AWFUL kick or whatever that was, but he lost the first round and we already know ED has enough conditioning and can take a square punch to the face that punch in the first fight rocked him and he barely blinked

Afro
06-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Rory is a horrible fighter, out of shape, slow.. he got lucky against Solomon.. he didnt even know what he was throwing! hes lucky that Solomon gassed or he'd be in deep sh!t, and like someone mentioned on this forum already its hard for these TUF Fighters to properly condition cuz they dont get the necessary rest, so in a regular MMA fight.. Solomon knocks the bricks offa Rory, so does everyone else in the house..

Rory vs Thacker.. thats the fight to see.

girlsluvufc2
06-09-2006, 08:47 PM
I was so disappointed that Matt couldnt continue. He had heart and strength and, as a wrestler, kicked ass standin' on his feet. Tait and Christian blew me away too. I hope Ross's desire to fight pays off for him. I don't know about the rest of ya, but it seems like the guys this season are whine babies....."I'm bored"...."I wanna go home"....."No, I don't wanna fight again".....etc.... come on guys, this is the UFC...not the local karate talent show. I am curious, where do they get these guys??:confusedsmilie:

AJS
06-09-2006, 09:42 PM
IT'S A GOOD SHOW...BUT...WHEN YOU LOOSE YOU SHOULD'NT COME BACK...ONLY IF IT'S A LOSS DECIDED BY THE JUDGES.:angry4:

Matt Boone
06-09-2006, 11:10 PM
My thoughts from the show:

-Hamill quitting, that sucks. I hope some other shit happens and he magically reappears. Seems impossible now that we're down to the semi's and all fights are set. But yeah they wasted a lot of interest in a Bisping/Hamill fight if they're never gonna do it.

-Tait and Kristian shocked me. I mean I guess on one hand they made sense, it's national TV with them and one other person fighting and everyone watching, if they think they're gonna lose and get beat up on TV two times out of two, why risk it? But I'm sure if they knew the meeting behind doors was going to be televised, they might have at least faked an injury instead of using the mental thing. I'd say it's worse for public image to lose a fight on short notice than be televised saying I don't want to lose on TV again. I guess in shorter terms losers are better than quitters? Maybe it was a lose-lose situation, who knows lol.

-Ross stepping up, that was just awesome. Who cares if he can't fight, blah blah. He's a british modern day version of Tank Abbott or someone. He doesn't give a holy shit about anything but fighting, trying to win and being the best fighter he can be on the biggest stage available for him to fight. You can't help but respect that. Especially the way it was set up on TV with two people turning it down first, then him smiling and being so happy and coming across as if he felt so lucky to get another chance (the way the previous two were expected to act) and it was just good shit. I know he's going to go get murdered now, but I hope he at least follows up his never-say-die image in the cage and I hope if nothing else he takes an Arturo Gatti-like ass kicking and just keeps standing tall. That would make him marketable and he'd have at least a short term future in the UFC as the guy who can take an ass kicking and stand up to it, the guaranteed action-fight type fighter. I really hope that's how things turn out for him, but in all honesty I expect him to get knocked out in the first round against Bisping. They should have matched him up with one of the other two, as somewhat of a reward for jumping in on short notice even the though he's a fill-in. Because hell, even Jesse is a fill in himself. So have those guys fight each other to see who deserved the comeback spot the most, let the two winners bang it out and then you got your finals. I guess this way they have a more competitive final is what they're thinking, but I'm under the impression that Bisping will destroy Jesse, Josh, and Ross whoever he fights.

-I thought Kendall/Kalib was an awesome fight. Kendall really surprised me. I thought Kalib would take him down a lot more and really punish him and probably submit him on the ground. Something that needs to be pointed out especially in this fight and in the whole season - on Team Punishment, EVERYONE seems to listen to Tito's instructions during their live fights so amazingly well. Go get into a fist fight with someone right now and bring a friend, have your friend instruct you in the middle of the fight what to do and try and react to that advice instantly in every case. It's not an easy thing to do yet somehow these guys hear Tito, trust him, and are capable of executing everything he tells them to do, and not only that -- it's working.

-Ed and Rory should be an amazing fight. People are underestimating the hell out of Rory Singer. I think Ed wins this one, but I think Rory will make a statement in the fight that he's the real deal. And an Ed/Kendall fight seems really interesting. With Kendall's size and reach advantage it could be a really interesting fight to check out, I'm looking forward to it.

Anthony
06-10-2006, 12:59 AM
his lips were sore from sucking so much dick. he just couldn't fight.

Was he sucking Eddie Bravo's dick?

Alvin
06-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Matt out? Sucks, but if he's more interested in making the olympic wrestling team maybe it's for the best. MMA's not the top priority for everyone.

Tait & Kristian: shocked, especially with Tait. Maybe he did not want to work with Ken anymore, but I think enoughs been said on these two. Unbelievable!

Kendall Vs Kalib: Again really surprised at how well Kendall was doing before the third round. Two very tight rounds, shaved one each, but Kalib crying off with a hurt rib? As Ken said, I've broken a rib & speaking is damn painful & twisting your body is a nightmare. I'm not sold he broke a rib, may of bruised it (also v.painful, but not enough to throw away the opportunity of a lifetime!).

Ed Vs Rory: Didn't see Rory's fight, but Ed looked very pedestrian against Danny. Also at the end of the show it looked like there was a lot of hate between each other. So looking forward to it.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-10-2006, 10:33 AM
My thoughts from the show:

-Hamill quitting, that sucks. I hope some other shit happens and he magically reappears. Seems impossible now that we're down to the semi's and all fights are set. But yeah they wasted a lot of interest in a Bisping/Hamill fight if they're never gonna do it.

-Tait and Kristian shocked me. I mean I guess on one hand they made sense, it's national TV with them and one other person fighting and everyone watching, if they think they're gonna lose and get beat up on TV two times out of two, why risk it? But I'm sure if they knew the meeting behind doors was going to be televised, they might have at least faked an injury instead of using the mental thing. I'd say it's worse for public image to lose a fight on short notice than be televised saying I don't want to lose on TV again. I guess in shorter terms losers are better than quitters? Maybe it was a lose-lose situation, who knows lol.

-Ross stepping up, that was just awesome. Who cares if he can't fight, blah blah. He's a british modern day version of Tank Abbott or someone. He doesn't give a holy shit about anything but fighting, trying to win and being the best fighter he can be on the biggest stage available for him to fight. You can't help but respect that. Especially the way it was set up on TV with two people turning it down first, then him smiling and being so happy and coming across as if he felt so lucky to get another chance (the way the previous two were expected to act) and it was just good shit. I know he's going to go get murdered now, but I hope he at least follows up his never-say-die image in the cage and I hope if nothing else he takes an Arturo Gatti-like ass kicking and just keeps standing tall. That would make him marketable and he'd have at least a short term future in the UFC as the guy who can take an ass kicking and stand up to it, the guaranteed action-fight type fighter. I really hope that's how things turn out for him, but in all honesty I expect him to get knocked out in the first round against Bisping. They should have matched him up with one of the other two, as somewhat of a reward for jumping in on short notice even the though he's a fill-in. Because hell, even Jesse is a fill in himself. So have those guys fight each other to see who deserved the comeback spot the most, let the two winners bang it out and then you got your finals. I guess this way they have a more competitive final is what they're thinking, but I'm under the impression that Bisping will destroy Jesse, Josh, and Ross whoever he fights.

-I thought Kendall/Kalib was an awesome fight. Kendall really surprised me. I thought Kalib would take him down a lot more and really punish him and probably submit him on the ground. Something that needs to be pointed out especially in this fight and in the whole season - on Team Punishment, EVERYONE seems to listen to Tito's instructions during their live fights so amazingly well. Go get into a fist fight with someone right now and bring a friend, have your friend instruct you in the middle of the fight what to do and try and react to that advice instantly in every case. It's not an easy thing to do yet somehow these guys hear Tito, trust him, and are capable of executing everything he tells them to do, and not only that -- it's working.

-Ed and Rory should be an amazing fight. People are underestimating the hell out of Rory Singer. I think Ed wins this one, but I think Rory will make a statement in the fight that he's the real deal. And an Ed/Kendall fight seems really interesting. With Kendall's size and reach advantage it could be a really interesting fight to check out, I'm looking forward to it.

Boone, you know i love you, but what do you see in Rory that will make this a great fight? I think he's an awful fighter, I don't think he brings anything to the table, and I think he's a head case.... By no means am I in love with Ed, but I think Rory is just terrible overall.

jedibaker
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Here are some of my feelings on the show. I had a feeling about Matt not coming back, and mentioned it on a previous thread. It sucks, but in all honesty (with nothing against UFC), I think he is more focused on Olympic gold then UFC. Through out the seasons of TUF, it seems like there are a lot of whiners. And, I think it is because the UFC is still a relatively new sport and still not a lot of people getting into it, so you have to get who you can get and hope it works. I can take the whining, but seriously, I can't stand all the bullshit that happens. I am talking about the pissing on beds, pissing on clothes, and whatever else it is they do that we don't see. I don't believe this is good PR for UFC. I didn't watch all of the boxing reality show, I even forget the name, but at no time did I see anything like this. I know they are bored, people are getting on each others nerves and stuff, but hey, grow the F%ck up. People will never stop seeing ufc as anything more then "bar room fighting" if the competitors don't stop acting like they were picked up from a bar room.

The fight was great. I don't understand the quitting, but if you figure that he probably wouldn't of been able to fight the next week anyways, what's the difference? The two not coming back, well, if you still have stitches in your head (if he did) and need time to heal, you need time to heal. But to not be mentally into it? I think I agree with someone else on here who said that he just didn't want to work with shamrock anymore. Anyways, can't wait until next week. I hope Rory wins based on attitude, but I think Ed will take it. Ross and Bisbing will be a hell of a fight (short, but good, I favor Bisbing not only to take this show, but to be a future star).

Matt Boone
06-10-2006, 08:59 PM
" As Ken said, I've broken a rib & speaking is damn painful & twisting your body is a nightmare. I'm not sold he broke a rib, may of bruised it (also v.painful, but not enough to throw away the opportunity of a lifetime!)."

I remember Ken saying that and at the time I thought nothing of it, but now reading this I'm reminded of his fight with Fujita in PRIDE and well, yeah - he has little room to speak.

"Boone, you know i love you, but what do you see in Rory that will make this a great fight? I think he's an awful fighter, I don't think he brings anything to the table, and I think he's a head case.... By no means am I in love with Ed, but I think Rory is just terrible overall."

The only thing wrong with Rory was he came in mentally really in a bad way. Why? I don't know. But prior to TUF 3 I knew who Rory Singer was, I forget with who but he works with a pretty good team. Maybe AKA? I know I've seen him on some of the UFC DVDs in the bonus section helping to train fighters before their match on a UFC PPV. Honestly, that's my main reason for thinking he's not in the Thacker league like you guys make him out to be. Surely he's not as good as Herman, but if you're only judging what you've seen on TUF 3, Herman hasn't looked nearly as impressive as people expected from him either. So we'll see.

Afro
06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
didnt Ken have heart problems in the Fujita fight? I think thats different from a bruised rib.

Matt Boone
06-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I've never heard a confirmation. He claims heart problems, but there was never any follow up that I've heard of to determine what the problem was. Most people think Shamrock just gassed, realized Fujita was gonna take everything he could give him, and simply quit feeling an injury would be accepted as an excuse, since he was punishing the hell out of Fujita prior to asking his corner to throw in the towel.

Afro
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I've never heard a confirmation. He claims heart problems, but there was never any follow up that I've heard of to determine what the problem was. Most people think Shamrock just gassed, realized Fujita was gonna take everything he could give him, and simply quit feeling an injury would be accepted as an excuse, since he was punishing the hell out of Fujita prior to asking his corner to throw in the towel.
I dunno but

when you enter a fight sick as a dog against someone like Fujita who is bigger then you are, then you give your all for a round.. I think you deserve a little benefit of the doubt, I had that in the back of my head when Ken was talkin broke ribs either.. im like hmm, but who knows maybe Ken quit for legit reasons maybe he didnt.. I dont think Ken is soft though, Kalib came off as soft from quitting.. cuz his ribs def werent cracked or broken, they just hurt and he couldnt take it anymore.

I dont view it as Kalib is a bad fighter for this cuz hes a damn good fighter, its a weakness in his game though.. somethin he should fix fast.

Riverspeed2d
06-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Whatever Rory's skills I still would like to see him kick Ed's Ass, I thought those matches set up were stupid. In other words they just want Ed in the finals and as for Matt, either they didn't want him to lose and would bring him back in the finale like they normally do with the fighters for a second chance or he was injured. It was a disapointment, I was looking forward to him and Bisping fighting in the finals.
Ross, I think he'll be a big favourite with the fans kinda like Forest, even if he loses, and I bet he does I'd still like to see him at the UFC and hopefully many other people do aswell. He's almost like another Gallagher brother from Oasis.
But matching him up with Bisping what's the point, it would've been more interesting if he'd been matched up with Josh or the other guy. I don't mean to sound funny, but I guess they couldn't take the risk of having two British finalist.

Matt Boone
06-11-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't see why it's a given Starnes was faking the rib injury. There's really no way to tell about rib injuries in the middle of a fight like that. You just have to take the person at their word. And unless they have a history of excuses and/or complaining, there should be no reason not to believe them until facts come out to prove otherwise. Innocent before proven guilty. Until it's revealed otherwise, I'll take Kalib's word and assume he had a cracked or broken rib in that fight. You saw him take big knees and kicks, he was complaining the moment it happened (even Kendall said it) and he referenced it in his corner in between rounds a lot. He seemed game to fight in the last round until he was hit in the body again, and that's when he finally quit. Not the bravest way to end a fight even if it is a legit injury when it's 1-1 to go to the finals of the biggest tournament of your life. But regardless, that was his decision. No need to take it a step further in a negative direction based strictly on assumption and say he was even faking the injury that made him quit. That's just speculation.

Afro
06-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Well if hes telling the truth then more power to him but I think Ken is right about you not being able to yell, and so on if your ribs were really cracked or broken, that is true what hes saying.. ive never had broken ribs but I am no idiot.. I can make a pretty damn guess at what will happen when you breath with broken ribs or even cracked. I just think they were soar.. maybe he couldnt continue with the fight either way.. who knows but I doubt they were cracked or broken, and Kalib is my fav fighter on this show.. so im not tryna put him down.

#1taz
06-16-2006, 05:49 AM
It was probably a combination of two things...one being that he admitted after the fight that his cardio wasn't where it should have been and so he gassed real bad - and the other one being that he took one too many hard shots to the ribs.

Getting repeated shots to the ribs had to hurt and when he was gassed and out of breath and getting his butt handed to him on national tv...I guess he couldn't take any more and just quit.

BTW...am I the only one here that thinks that Shamrock sucks as a trainer? Tito's training team, his training methods, and ring support for his guys is making Ken look like a first class chump and a punk.

Shamrock better stick to hustling pool...that the only hope for a career he has left. The WWE doesn't want anything to do with him any more...and after Tito hands him his butt again...the UFC probably will send him packing too. And now that he has shown his true training and corner skills on national tv...that's probably pretty much over for him too.

Edgucator
06-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Shamrock has been a horrible trainer. Most of his guys got gassed after the first round. And he seemed to slack off also. Taking them golf, out to eat, skipping training. He may be a UFC legend, but its hard to tell from this show. I can't wait to see Tito punch his face in.

I believe Kalib had some rib injury. In no way broken, maybe cracked, but he was hurting. He said dislocated and it seemed like it to me.

#1taz
06-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Dana said it pretty well at the end of the show.

Ken Shamrock never ever even gave a damn about the fighters. He just showed up, goofed off, and only did it to get a chance to fight Tito for some quick cash. The only thing he did consistently was try to act all bad-ass and woof at Tito to try to play up the hype for the cameras.

Tito worked hard with his guys, put together a great team of trainers, was always there for the guys (even the guys on Shamrock's team at the end in the semifinals), and was always all about the business.

I personally hope Tito carries through with what he told Shamrock and permanently retires Ken.

Guys like Ken Shamrock are an embarassment to MMA and if I was a betting man...I lay down a huge bet that if Tito kicks Ken's butt for him and embarasses him good this time...we won't be seeing Shamrock around the UFC much any more. Dana White seemed pretty genuinely disgusted with the way Ken disrespected the UFC and TUF.

It really amazes me how different Frank Shamrock and Ken Shamrock are. I've personally met both of them briefly on seperate occasions and Frank seemed like a genuine nice guy...while Ken seemed like an arrogant egotistical prick. It's hard to believe that they were both raised together.

Afro
06-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Dana said it pretty well at the end of the show.

Ken Shamrock never ever even gave a damn about the fighters. He just showed up, goofed off, and only did it to get a chance to fight Tito for some quick cash. The only thing he did consistently was try to act all bad-ass and woof at Tito to try to play up the hype for the cameras.

Tito worked hard with his guys, put together a great team of trainers, was always there for the guys (even the guys on Shamrock's team at the end in the semifinals), and was always all about the business.

I personally hope Tito carries through with what he told Shamrock and permanently retires Ken.

Guys like Ken Shamrock are an embarassment to MMA and if I was a betting man...I lay down a huge bet that if Tito kicks Ken's butt for him and embarasses him good this time...we won't be seeing Shamrock around the UFC much any more. Dana White seemed pretty genuinely disgusted with the way Ken disrespected the UFC and TUF.

It really amazes me how different Frank Shamrock and Ken Shamrock are. I've personally met both of them briefly on seperate occasions and Frank seemed like a genuine nice guy...while Ken seemed like an arrogant egotistical prick. It's hard to believe that they were both raised together.
dont you think thats a little extreme?

Edgucator
06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Its true though, Ken Shamrock only did this to get his rematch with Tito Ortiz. He has one finalist and its the guy everyone says was the best of the bunch from the start and was trained by Randy Couture. It was obvious Tito cared about the fighters, heck he cared more for Ken's fighters than Ken did all season last night.

I can't wait to see Shamrock get beaten by Tito.I'm sure Dana White can't either. Or any of Shamrock's fighters who got crappy training and lost because of it.

#1taz
06-16-2006, 09:39 PM
No...Ken was paid to train guys that were relatively new to MMA, that sacrificed a lot to be on the show, and that looked up to him as a role model...and he just blew them all off. Not only did he not represent the sport that has provided him with everything he has, but he never even gave them a slim chance of winning and totally wasted their time. He did this all in front of millions of viewers, in front of their friends and families, and now they all get to go home humiliated and get laughed at.

There is no way you will ever convince me that didn't also figure into guys on his team not wanting to go into the semi-finals when they had the chance.

The guy was not even trying to train and prepare his people, was always making excuses and blaming it on his guys and putting them down for his teams losses, and acted like he is the greatest fighter and trainer that ever lived.

Guys like that don't appreciate what the sport has done for them, don't ever want to give anything back, and are just in it for themselves.

Like Tito says...the guy is a ego-maniac and is well-known for being a real jerk to fans and the new guys in the locker room that are just coming into the sport.

He had the same problem in the WWE when he briefly was barely a mediocre pro wrestler - too much ego with a lousy attitude. That's why they still don't want him back.

If you talk to the limo people, the event security people, the hotel staff, the trainers, the guys that frequent the same gyms as the fighters all do...basically all of the people that come in contact with them and have to deal with these guys every day and then you give up your hard-earned money to go to enough live events...you will soon learn who is a kind, grateful, decent person - and who isn't.

That is true about all celebrities...regardless of what they do to be famous.

Afro
06-16-2006, 10:18 PM
I dont think he blew them all off, I think he cared about the guys who wanted to be there

Kemo
06-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I call this "What Pretty Much Every Fight Every Week this Year Sounded like to Me"

"Up, up, up! Exactly! Underhooks? Underhooks? Underhook left arm! Knee!"

"Watch the knee!"

"Push the head down? Head down and circle, circle, circle!"

"Umm,...watch your head."

"Hands up! Hands up! Jab 'um, jab-jab! Good job!"

"Uhh,... don't let him jab you like that."

#1taz
06-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Dude..did you and I even watch the same show?

Shamrock picked his trainers poorly, didn't help his guys train, didn't push them at all, didn't teach them anything, and was never there for them at all.

Tito picked a good well-rounded team of trainers, was always busy working hands-on constantly with his guys, motivated his guys to win, and pushed them damned hard to succeed.

Shamrock and his guys were laying around, playing golf, etc. and you see very little footage of Ken training, motivating, or working with his guys - because he wasn't.

When the guys lost...Tito was there to comfort and encourage them - regardless of whose team they were on.

Shamrock talked crap about and dogged his guys when they lost...and his brilliant strategy to help them win more was to repeatedly try to pick a fight with Tito to try to hype up his own next PPV fight...and to talk Dana into letting him hustle Tito at pool for $10,000 of the UFC's money.

The pool game said it all...Ken was the sleasy hustler taking advantage of the situation and showing off for a fast buck- while Tito realized he had been stroked, took it like a man, and went right back to business.

Even Dana had to admit it at the end...Tito was the better coach by far.

Tito fought Forest and won right after the show was done taping even though he was injured...and is going into the Shamrock fight at the PPV with some nagging injuries...but he will no doubt still kick Ken's butt.

Afro
06-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Ed seemed to have no problem with him, Solomon seemed to have no problem with him, quite a few didnt

look at the one who caused the most trouble... Tait Fletcher and he said no to two fights already, hes a punk so his opinion shouldnt matter

Christian quit too, and Kalib verbally tapped out.

Edgucator
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Maybe if Kalib had been motivated by his coach, he wouldn't have quit. Maybe if Solomon had better cardio training (key thing Tito focused on) he would have been able to duck that sloppy kick. No one on team Shamrock seemed to care anymore because their training was crap and it was obvious compared to Tito's team. I mean, Rory Singer should not have beat Solomon. He had Tito pushing him and telling what to do.

Ed Herman was too busy whining how Tito didn't pick him. It seemed every episode he said something about howhe'd go and kick Tito's ass in a fight. The montage showed it all.

Afro
06-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Maybe if Kalib had been motivated by his coach, he wouldn't have quit. Maybe if Solomon had better cardio training (key thing Tito focused on) he would have been able to duck that sloppy kick. No one on team Shamrock seemed to care anymore because their training was crap and it was obvious compared to Tito's team. I mean, Rory Singer should not have beat Solomon. He had Tito pushing him and telling what to do.

Ed Herman was too busy whining how Tito didn't pick him. It seemed every episode he said something about howhe'd go and kick Tito's ass in a fight. The montage showed it all.
im not sayin Kens coaching was good, it wasnt.. I thought he did a better job the 2nd half of the season then the 1st but overall he had a bad showing

But to say that Ken didnt care about ANY of his fighters.. I disagree with tht first of all no one should be juding someones entire personallity based on a reality show anyways, and I think its wrong to say that Ken is an awful person based on a reality show to begin with.. I dont think hes a cold-hearted person like that and I do believe he cared about his fighters.

As for Kalib not quitting.. uhm his ribs were dislocated theres no training that can prevent that!

Solomon said he didnt come into the season with the best cardio, all we can say about soly is that Kens training didnt make the situation better but do you see Solomon complaining? nah.

What you guys gotta realise about these TUFs is there editted for drama, so dont go basing complete opinions off of it for all we know Ken could of done a bunch of things right! but why would they show it?

this TUF season is publicity for the Ken-Tito fight.. so dont take it that seriously, still I dont think Ken had a great showing as a coach or even a good one.. but ive never seen a TUF that emphasised so much on the bad of ones coaching, and the losses as well... most ppl didnt even recgonize Chuck dominating Randys team I bet cuz it wasnt emphasised that much throughout the show.

But like I Said, you can say that Ken was a bad TUF coach thats pretty much a fact, but to say he didnt care about his fighters is cold... if he didnt care about his fighters then why did he go out of his way to bring Randy in so that Ed can get motivated and win?

look Kens tactics of coaching definently didnt work on the show, but the guy tried.. you gotta give him that atleast.. he felt that the mental aspect of the game was more important then the physical aspect and you know he could be right! but definently didnt prove it to be right.. and he should get most of the blame, but lets not forget that some of his fighters... didnt want to be there, and gave less of a crap then Ken did.

Edgucator
06-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Well met my friend!

I still believe Ken only did the show to fight Tito again and half heartly trained his fighters. Bringing in Couture to motivate Ed was good but what else did he do to the others? Some if his guys shoudln't have been there and their obviously not there in the Finale thankfully like whoever Bisping beat first or Tait who just gave up. Solomon could have been given some Cardio training by Ken in the time they were there. Taking them golfing when they should have been working out or just giving them the day off.

I also still believe Ken, as of now, has a poor attitude with everyone else. His I demand respect way of life is crap. Tito may not be best at being a happy go lucky guy but he sure as hell doesn't need everyone bowing down to him.

Afro
06-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Well met my friend!

I still believe Ken only did the show to fight Tito again and half heartly trained his fighters. Bringing in Couture to motivate Ed was good but what else did he do to the others? Some if his guys shoudln't have been there and their obviously not there in the Finale thankfully like whoever Bisping beat first or Tait who just gave up. Solomon could have been given some Cardio training by Ken in the time they were there. Taking them golfing when they should have been working out or just giving them the day off.

I also still believe Ken, as of now, has a poor attitude with everyone else. His I demand respect way of life is crap. Tito may not be best at being a happy go lucky guy but he sure as hell doesn't need everyone bowing down to him.
I believe he did it to fight Tito too but ya know what? thats his decision

Tito showed his true self on the show and hes a good person but he doesnt show that in the UFC, he makes himself markatable in the UFC and thats his choice too.. and theres nothing wrong with that so I have no problem with Ken doing TUF just to fight Tito as long as he shows so normal human qualities like caring and I felt he did care. Kens attitude is a required taste, hes not a bad person I dont believe that but he is a hard-ass.. not like a Matt Hughes but he does have certain morals that not everyone is gonna agree with but I still respect the guy, I liked him in his prime, he was a great fighter in the past and a well deserving HOFer

and I really wish he would beat Tito but I know it wont happen, Tito is the guy people love to hate thats the persona hes given himself. I for one love to see the guy lose cuz of the way he makes himself out to be in the UFC, I dont think hes that good of a fighter either.. main reason why he puts on that tough guy act but I know that Ken is too over the hill to beat him.. would love to see it but doubt it happens.. Ken can only hope that Frank comes to the UFC and put a beating on Tito, I think thats the only way a Shamrock beats Ortiz at this point.

Edgucator
06-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Speaking of Frank Shamrock, where is he? I've been wondering since I haven't heard anything about him in a while.

And Ken has a chance, Tito is injured. Ken was injured last time they fought. I would like to see a trilogy but I don't see Tito losing, even with his injuries when he can A. get a title match of winning and B. gloat he's 2-0 againist Shamrock.

I don't know, I kind of like the character Tito has created for himself. Different strokes for different folks though.

Afro
06-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Speaking of Frank Shamrock, where is he? I've been wondering since I haven't heard anything about him in a while.

And Ken has a chance, Tito is injured. Ken was injured last time they fought. I would like to see a trilogy but I don't see Tito losing, even with his injuries when he can A. get a title match of winning and B. gloat he's 2-0 againist Shamrock.

I don't know, I kind of like the character Tito has created for himself. Different strokes for different folks though.
I like it too cuz I like to hate it ha ha

Frank just got back from injury he is fightin now, he beat Cesar Gracie on a strike force show in 21 seconds

Edgucator
06-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Cool, I hope he comes to UFC. From what I've seen of him I've enjoyed.

To ask yet another n00bish question here, have Ken and Frank ever foughten each other?

Afro
06-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Cool, I hope he comes to UFC. From what I've seen of him I've enjoyed.

To ask yet another n00bish question here, have Ken and Frank ever foughten each other?
Lol not in MMA..

I like Frank though, he doesnt like the UFC so I dunno if he'll ever be back.. I def. like Frank more then Ken, I like them both.. there childhood was rough and I respect them for turning there lives around the way they did.. I guess thats why I like Ken so much although im sure Tito had a rough childhood too.. I just like Kens story, same with Franks.

Edgucator
06-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Lol not in MMA..

I like Frank though, he doesnt like the UFC so I dunno if he'll ever be back.. I def. like Frank more then Ken, I like them both.. there childhood was rough and I respect them for turning there lives around the way they did.. I guess thats why I like Ken so much although im sure Tito had a rough childhood too.. I just like Kens story, same with Franks.
I'll give them that, they had rough upbringings and what they have done with their lives is astonishing.

Why doesn't Frank like the UFC? I just watched him win the middleweight title on the Ultimate Japan UFC event. (Which has been a horrible show so far)

#1taz
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
When the new owners took over the ufc...and the perks were gone and the pay stayed low while the ufc continued to make more money...he took a hike.

He is also not a real big fan of Dana or the way he does business....and has said it puplically.

Hasn't anyone besides me ever noticed that none of his old fights have ever been shown on the ufc highlight shows on tv or no one mentions his name on the air ever?

Or noticed anyone else that has pissed Dana off getting treated crappy?

Tito used to get his logo's for his Team Punishment guys gear blurred out on the air too.

I guess it doesn't pay in the ufc to "cross the boss".

And Ken has said that he would fight his adopted brother if the money was right...but Frank won't.

And incidently...Frank and Tito are on good terms and Frank has no problem with Ken and Tito's feud.