PDA

View Full Version : Baseball predictions and playoffs

iverbure
08-14-2008, 05:30 AM
AL East Rays
AL Central White Sox
AL West Angels
Wilcard Red Sox

Hopefully the Rays can hold on the Red Sox for the division. They just got hit with two big injuries. White Sox should win their division, i want the Twins to win and think they can but i think Griffey rallying the troops will be the difference. I can really see the Red Sox and Yankees both missing the playoffs and i think the Red Sox are a better team this year.

NL East Phillies
NL Central Cubs
NL West Dodgers
Wilcard Brewers???

The NL East is wide open imo, mets bullpen will cost them a spot in the playoffs imo. Cubs are cruising, which might be bad for them. Dodgers win the west with Manny leading them, they are getting Penny back and will get stronger imo. the Wilcard could come down to the Brewers or Marlins or Cardinals. Cardinals don't have the pitching imo, Marlins are young and strikeout a ton so i like the Brewers better.

Red Sox beat Angels
Rays beat White Sox

Cubs beat Dodgers
Brewers beat Phillies

Red Sox beat Rays
Cubs beat Brewers

Cubs beat Red Sox

The Cubs aren't really weak anywhere imo. As long as Wood stays heathly than i think they win.

I picked the Angels to lose to the Red Sox because they can't seem to beat them in the playoffs. I'd love to see a Cubs vs Angels World Series though.

Paytheplayer
08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Im gonna have to go with
AL EAST - Red Sox
AL Central - White Sox
AL WEST - Angels
WILCARD - Rays

I think the Red Sox will be more consistent down the stretch. Rays are good, but not THAT good IMO. Plus I hate them because they seem to always lose when I bet on them.
White Sox are doomed first round regardless who they play, and Angels don't really have a threat in their division, especially with the Rangers shittin the bed.

NL EAST - Mets
NL CENTRAL - Cubs
NL WEST - Dodgers
WILDCARD - Brewers

I think the Mets will edge out the Phillies for the division, and unfortunately for the Philles, I don't see them being consistent enough to catch either the Cubs or Brewers for a Wildcard spot.

Red Sox def. White Sox
Angels def. Rays

Brewers def. Mets
Cubs def. Dodgers

Red Sox def. Angels
Cubs def. Brewers

Red Sox def. Cubs in a classic world series to defend the title.

Oats420
08-15-2008, 09:56 PM
My Picks:

AL EAST - Red Sox
AL Central - White Sox/Twins (Ahhh... I can see either team blowing it at the end, just don't know which one)
AL WEST - Angels
WILCARD - Rays

The Red Sox will make a strong push towards the end of the season and take top spot in the AL East. Rays will probably slump some, but still be far ahead of the Yankees, Twins or White Sox.

NL EAST - Mets
NL CENTRAL - Cubs
NL WEST - Dodgers
WILDCARD - Brewers

It's been a nice run by the Diamondbacks, but they don't have a solid enough team to push into the play-offs. Dodgers take their division and Brewers win the wildcard. The Brewers were lucky to get Sabathia, and if it wasn't for the Cubs outstanding team and year, they'd be in cruise control on winning the division.

AL Playoffs:

Red Sox def. White Sox/Twins
Angels def. Rays

Angels def. Red Sox (probably a 7 game series)

NL Play-offs:

Cubs def. Dodgers (would be a good playoffs series I bet)
Brewers def. Mets (another good series)

The NLCS game between Cubs and Brewers would probably be the best series in the play-offs. I say the Cubs pull it off in 7 games.

World Series:

I have to pick the Angels, because of the Cubs curse. I want the Cubs to do it though, but picking the Angels if I had to choose a winner.

Paytheplayer
08-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Isn't it a bit strange that 3 Canadians have voiced their opinions on baseball? N here I thought baseball was America's favourite pastime lol.

Anyways, if Boston keeps shitting the bed like they did against the Jays, I might have to flip flop the spots for the Rays and Sox. But I still think the Red Sox will win it all, I just think they had a better chance with Manny than Bay.

TheMasterOfPain24
09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
AL East-Rays!!

AL West-Angles!!

AL Central- White Sox
If Griffey Jr can get on a hot streak in the playoff's he can carry that whole team to the championship....

Wild Card- Red Sox

NL-East Phillies!

NL-Central-Cubs :(

NL West- Dodgers!

Wildcard-Mets!

AL PLayoffs
Angels defeat Red Sox
White Sox defeat Rays

AL Championship
White Sox defeat Angels

NL Playoffs
Dodgers defeat Phillies
Cubs defeat Mets

NL Championship
Dodgers defeat Cubs

World Series
Dodgers Defeat White Sox..

thedon17
09-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Angels - Cubs
Angels win WS

boaz33
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I've been dying to see the Angels vs Dodgers in the World Series since I was a little kid, espicially since my family is all Dodger fans.

But regardless of who they play, the Angels are winnin the Series this year!:grinsmile1:

LethalStriker
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see Angels vs. Phillies World Series. Just because I'm a Cardinals fan and could never in any root for the Cubs to go anywhere.

Nebraska
09-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Dodgers over Red Sux. Man-Ram is WS MVP, and I laugh hysterically for days.