PDA

View Full Version : Former Broncos & Bucs Safety John Lynch Signs With Patriots

hunterkiller
08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
ESPN - Source: Pats, Lynch agree to one-year deal worth $1.5 million - NFL (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3535479)

This is a sad, sad, day for me. Lynch is a class act and it almost brings me to tears to know that he signed with an "alleged" cheater.

Afro
08-15-2008, 07:52 PM
so funny, I cannot wait to see them face the Colts or any team with fast flankers.. they have the oldest, and slowest backfield of any NFL team right now.. there gonna get torn apart deep.. which was a problem with them last year.. hell John Lynch is a good safety.. im not saying he isnt.. im saying hes not gonna fit in with that secondary.. the Patriots are giving up so much speed by adding Lynch that there gonna get torn apart deep.. Lynch doesnt improve what was a weak deep defending secondary.

hunterkiller
08-15-2008, 08:04 PM
so funny, I cannot wait to see them face the Colts or any team with fast flankers.. they have the oldest, and slowest backfield of any NFL team right now.. there gonna get torn apart deep.. which was a problem with them last year.. hell John Lynch is a good safety.. im not saying he isnt.. im saying hes not gonna fit in with that secondary.. the Patriots are giving up so much speed by adding Lynch that there gonna get torn apart deep.. Lynch doesnt improve what was a weak deep defending secondary.

I live for the day that the Patriots have another losing season.

I have hated the Cowboys my entire life and the crap that Belicheat pulled and got away with made me repeatedly puke in my own mouth firmly supplanting the Cowboys as my most hated team.

Tom Brady is a superior QB but his smugness through this whole thing as if he didn't know where all those defensive signals were coming from could gag a maggot.

All that history, those rings, those records, the Hall of Famers produced by this team, it's all a sham. We will NEVER know how they would have turned out had they not been up to something.

It seems obvious to me. Belichick wasn't shit as a coach before he went to New England and New England was shit before Belichick. It's a match made in hell once he discovered he could get away with it.

As for the Colts, I don't think the Colts are going to be good this year simply because I don't think Manning is going to be healthy. He missed all of training camp with an infection in his knee that he had removed and there has been some speculation that the ligaments and tendons in his knee were damaged by the infection. The Colts PR people have done a fantastic job covering it up but I think this is that one year the Colts don't quite make it back to the top.

NOTE: All the cheating talk is "alleged."

Oats420
08-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I seen this and was going to post it here, but it saddens me too much.

I hate the Patriots, and to see him sign there just fuels the fire. On October 20th, he'll realize he made a mistake. Broncos will rush through him and throw over him all day. (Probably not, but I can always hope.)

iverbure
08-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I live for the day that the Patriots have another losing season.

I have hated the Cowboys my entire life and the crap that Belicheat pulled and got away with made me repeatedly puke in my own mouth firmly supplanting the Cowboys as my most hated team.

Tom Brady is a superior QB but his smugness through this whole thing as if he didn't know where all those defensive signals were coming from could gag a maggot.

All that history, those rings, those records, the Hall of Famers produced by this team, it's all a sham. We will NEVER know how they would have turned out had they not been up to something.

It seems obvious to me. Belichick wasn't shit as a coach before he went to New England and New England was shit before Belichick. It's a match made in hell once he discovered he could get away with it.

As for the Colts, I don't think the Colts are going to be good this year simply because I don't think Manning is going to be healthy. He missed all of training camp with an infection in his knee that he had removed and there has been some speculation that the ligaments and tendons in his knee were damaged by the infection. The Colts PR people have done a fantastic job covering it up but I think this is that one year the Colts don't quite make it back to the top.

NOTE: All the cheating talk is "alleged."

First i would like to say that i am a buffalo bills fan. New England is totally different from other dynasties imo. They don't count on any one player, and its all about the team. Belichick is the best coach in the nfl. I have a hard time thinking other teams havn't ever taped pratices of other teams. New England only had a former employee that likely thought he was bigger than his actaul role of his team and Belichick got rid of him.

They are hated simply because Belichick makes all his stars buy in a system and their teams have trouble keeping their team together because their leaders aren't as good as Belichick.

New England is way different from the Yankees or any other franchise that buys players to compete. The only comparions i can think of was Detroit Pistons in the nba from a couple of years ago.

I can respect a team like New England even though they play the bills twice a year because they are so great because of the coach and the system.

Afro
08-16-2008, 04:35 AM
First i would like to say that i am a buffalo bills fan. New England is totally different from other dynasties imo. They don't count on any one player, and its all about the team. Belichick is the best coach in the nfl. I have a hard time thinking other teams havn't ever taped pratices of other teams. New England only had a former employee that likely thought he was bigger than his actaul role of his team and Belichick got rid of him.

They are hated simply because Belichick makes all his stars buy in a system and their teams have trouble keeping their team together because their leaders aren't as good as Belichick.

New England is way different from the Yankees or any other franchise that buys players to compete. The only comparions i can think of was Detroit Pistons in the nba from a couple of years ago.

I can respect a team like New England even though they play the bills twice a year because they are so great because of the coach and the system.

So this just excuses the patriots actions right? you cant accept the fact that they cheated and rant on about how great there scheme is in the same sentence buddy

iverbure
08-17-2008, 09:31 PM
So this just excuses the patriots actions right? you cant accept the fact that they cheated and rant on about how great there scheme is in the same sentence buddy

I can when every other team has done it or is doing it, everybody can hate all they want but they are the greatest team in all of the nfl since the start of the nfl. and to add to my point, its not over yet, lol so get used to it.

Imagine if they didn't have a salary cap, the pats would already have a perfect season, fuck they might have had two by now.

hunterkiller
08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I can when every other team has done it or is doing it, everybody can hate all they want but they are the greatest team in all of the nfl since the start of the nfl. and to add to my point, its not over yet, lol so get used to it.

Imagine if they didn't have a salary cap, the pats would already have a perfect season, fuck they might have had two by now.

Show me proof of other teams who have done what The Patriots did.

The fact remains, the week before the regular season began, the NFL issue memos to all 32 teams regarding this policy. In the very 1st week, New England was caught and then said we didn't know we couldn't do that. Well dipshits, you received a memo a week ago stating very clearly what you couldn't do when it came to using photography on the field.

He-Man
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
It Was A Fumble

Afro
08-19-2008, 12:03 AM

No... you cant excuse there actions by speculating that other teams cheat when you have no proof that they do.. just simply saying "Oh other teams do it!" is not enough.

and you didnt respond to my other point.. if you acknowledge that they cheated, and filmed practices then how can you claim there system is so great?

hell, I would have a great system too if I knew what other teams were practicing and doing.

Buggedoutnicy
08-19-2008, 12:26 AM
It Was A Fumble

NO NO! He was passing it!

He-Man
08-19-2008, 12:28 AM
hell, I would have a great system too if I knew what other teams were practicing and doing.

And you can't argue with that anyway you twist it.

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-19-2008, 05:34 PM
cheaters, i love this, Teams have been doing this for years and have not been getting caught. Patriots are the top team for years they get caught and now its just a reason to bitch about it.

As for other teams not getting caught or having proof of.

Take a look at joe gibbs with his Bino's watching the other teams sidelines in the 90's...MZust of just been checking out the cheerleaders right???

hunterkiller
08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
cheaters, i love this, Teams have been doing this for years and have not been getting caught. Patriots are the top team for years they get caught and now its just a reason to bitch about it.

As for other teams not getting caught or having proof of.

Take a look at joe gibbs with his Bino's watching the other teams sidelines in the 90's...MZust of just been checking out the cheerleaders right???

I'm aware that teams have went through numerous ways in the past to get an edge including what the Pats have been found guilty of.

What gets me is that Goodell was hearing rumblings about this going on so he issued a stern warning to all 32 teams that this would not be tolerated and issued a memo with a detailed explanation of what would not be tolerated. The Patriots went ahead and did it anyway and then claimed the rules weren't clearly defined. It's beyond me.

Afro
08-19-2008, 06:46 PM
y'all seriously need to stop with this "other teams have been doin' it" nonsense.. that doesnt excuse the Patriots at all.. or any other team for that matter.. I cant go out and kill someone and say well other people do it

Paytheplayer
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
The Lions cheat. Our organization finds ways of losing every year to make the Packers, Vikings and Bears better. We give them the luxury of having to play the Lions 2 times each a year, which are basically 2 guaranteed wins. We get high draft picks, and we take Joey Harrington, so nobody has to go through the downs and downs (yes, there were absolutely no ups) of having him, and receiver Mike Williams, who isn't good enough to start for high school football.
We get Jon Kitna, and we're supposed to believe that he's our savior. When he breaks the turnovers record,that for sure benefits everybody else. We make sure that there is one less organization that you have to worry that free agents end up. Nobody wants to end up in Detroit. Screw the Lions and they're cheating ways.

On another note, Lynch has always been one of my favourite safeties in all of football. Anybody who can decapitate someone atleast twice a game is ok in my book. Afro hit the nail on the head. They're losing speed with him, and he's lost a step since his day. I don't mind the Patriots, it's not a bad signing, but might not be the best.