PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Takedown

pa99fighter
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Well this Forum seems dead so just name your favorite takedown here. I love the Jap Wizzard I hit it on everyone it just works so effectively in mma and wrestling. I just thought id make this thread to bring some life to the Grappling forum since Palma has been gone.

Masscore
08-17-2008, 09:11 PM
My favorite has always been an ankle pick. Its very effective and works at every single level of wrestling. Other then that I always liked a good ole double leg with a leg hook.

blackfox
08-18-2008, 06:02 AM
I dont take people down,I never wrestled and my knees are shot, I just stand up and wait on the meathead wrestlers to shoot for the double leg so i can guillitone/necktie the shit out them. on the judo or good jits players I just clich and try to jump and pull guard (i guess you can consider that a take down) or twords the end of the night I just sit down when the time starts and wait on them to come down to me. Yah Im lazy so what?

mcdev88
08-18-2008, 06:11 AM
the good ol double leg. im usually fast and strong enough to slam and have a dominate position. im not the best with them but i also use ankle pick alot.

the jap wizzard is fun when i hit it but i get afraid of not hitting it and having my opponant on top of me.

Intellectual
08-18-2008, 06:14 AM
kick him in the dick

ozzy2525
08-19-2008, 03:25 AM
I like the ankle pick. I never was good at the double so I avoid it. I have been working on getting the ankle pick from a distance, instead of the clinch. my long distance game is pretty limited.

hookemtx
08-19-2008, 04:13 AM
i like the heel trip most if your good at it you get the take down and good position for control. but most of the time i used doubles.

Repenter
08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
honestly, my favorite is to wait for them to tie up with me, or tie up myself, take a collar tie and then throw my other arm underneith their chin and grab my wrist. then hold on tight and spawl, they drop like a bag of bricks. it's dirty and painful, but nobody sees it coming and allows a 1/4 nelson, d'arce choke, arm triangle, spin to back mount, etc... whatever you want

Ezekiel
09-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't know the names of all the takedowns. But I like to sacrafice throws in BJJ/judo. In wrestling/MMA I like the double and single leg, a throw from over/under to the over side, don't know what it's called. I do the same in bjj/judo by holding the collar and the gi at the tricep. I also try at ocasions to do a flying armbar, but don't even try to finish it unless it really sinks in, and sweep the opponent immediatley -> move to mount.

Palma
09-20-2008, 04:16 AM
I dont take people down,I never wrestled and my knees are shot, I just stand up and wait on the meathead wrestlers to shoot for the double leg so i can guillitone/necktie the shit out them. on the judo or good jits players I just clich and try to jump and pull guard (i guess you can consider that a take down) or twords the end of the night I just sit down when the time starts and wait on them to come down to me. Yah Im lazy so what?

First of all, you must fight some shitty wrestlers.

Second of all, I wouldn't try and make it sound cool to stall your way to an offensive position.

I hate fighting people like you because you fight like a pussy... too afraid to commit to anything standing so you just make grips and try not to fall. Lame.
At least pull guard... do something offensive. I hope your BJJ instructor is disgusted in your standup.

Steve88
09-20-2008, 04:26 AM
First of all, you must fight some shitty wrestlers.

Second of all, I wouldn't try and make it sound cool to stall your way to an offensive position.

I hate fighting people like you because you fight like a pussy... too afraid to commit to anything standing so you just make grips and try not to fall. Lame.
At least pull guard... do something offensive. I hope your BJJ instructor is disgusted in your standup.

Seriously agreed. I know my takedowns are lackluster (but i try) and when i know i can't get someone down i usually jump into a very high guard and work for subs right away. stalling is fucking lame.

Ezekiel
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
This is the throw I ment, with the over/under and throw to the over side in wrestling/mma and holding the collar and sleeve bjj/judo:

YouTube - Benny Öhman vs. Raimo Posti (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sir6Q3BqPw)

Frasedog
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
I like the single leg. It's simple, fast and you have options. When I drop I like to wrap my right leg behind their calf and drive forward. That works most of the time, if they can step over and keep balanced, just keep the leg, stand up and sweep the other, or dropstep.

willieshatner
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM
my favorite is probably osoto-gari. I also like tai-otoshi, uchimata, and the good old single leg. most of my takedowns are throws and trips. my wrestling is not the greatest but I'm trying to learn how to shoot properly for wrestling takedowns. I'm working on it.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
11-11-2008, 02:37 AM
I wrestled all through high school and to this day, shooting to a single or double just seems to always work the damned best, and in a real fight, I've found them to be very affective.

Tenacious_Thunder
11-15-2008, 01:44 AM
In straight wrestling, the firemans carry.
In BJJ and MMA the tomenagi sacrifice throw.

themmabooker
11-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Double leg takedown would be my best. It is a good chance to get the guy to the ground with this. With a single leg, you have a chance of your opponet balancing, and countering it.. with a knee, elbows, etc..

TriangleChoke
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM
high single, but i roll with a lot of wrestlers that are extremely hard to take down so I pull guard most of the time. I've got long legs so the rubber guard actually works well for me most of the time, at least in the sense of controlling the guy on top long enough to work for a sweep. I can't say I've pulled off too many omopolatas lol.

Sir Lancelot
12-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Lance is gonna say a double-leg.
It was never a good fast shot, I used to shoot in from the outside, and it would be more like a tackle, and no technique, until I started training with a really good coach and friend who did judo, BJJ, and wrestling, and now its really fast and hard to stop even if you do get a good sprawl.

Its also the strongest thing for me, so if you can stop it, then im pretty much done, and you've beat me, lol.

Cromm
12-24-2008, 05:00 PM
The high single leg, or double have always been what I am most comfortable with.

Terrorize
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
any from of judo throw

Agentman
06-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Bad back, old age and dry rot means I cant get down as quick as I used to for single and double leg takedowns so I tend to stick with Greco-Roman type stuff, cross buttock throw or belly to back throw or legsweep.