PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Re-Sign WR Chris Henry After Releasing Him For Behavior Problems

hunterkiller
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
From a skilled standpoint, I was hoping the Raiders were going to get him because they need a WR. From a Bengals standpoint, I have no idea what they're thinking with this.

As criticized as they are with the criminals on their team, and after releasing the guy for repeated criminal offenses, they hire him back.

Gr8_White_Rabbit
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Henry is a great Red Zone threat and should prove benificial to any who sign him. As for the Bengals re-signing him, I dunno. Anyone know how that effects the salary cap? They cut him but resigned him, are there cap imlications here?

hunterkiller
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Henry is a great Red Zone threat and should prove benificial to any who sign him. As for the Bengals re-signing him, I dunno. Anyone know how that effects the salary cap? They cut him but resigned him, are there cap imlications here?

Teams routinely release a player and re-sign them to lessen the hit on their salary cap.

Bonuses, guranteed money, are what effects the salary cap for the season starts so if the player is owed any guranteed money, then the team takes a salary cap hit for releasing him. If he isn't guranteed any money, the team can simply release him and re-sign him to a smaller contract with no salary cap implications.

In Henry's situation, his salary is most likely a minimum salary with no guranteed money so it's minimal.

Gr8_White_Rabbit
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
In Henry's situation, his salary is most likely a minimum salary with no guranteed money so it's minimal.

Thanks for some clarification. I don't see Henry making any real differance in the Bengals season. They may have drafted a defensive player or two but still have huge holes that need to be filled. I see them fighting with the Ravens for the bottom spot in the division.

bigsmooth696969
08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Dumb, just plain dumb. This douchebag is gonna get in trouble AGAIN and will be out of the NFL before the season is over. The only reason he resigned is because TJ and Chad are dinged up. I don't see the Bengals giving TJ big money this coming offseason so I guess they hope Henry becomes the #2 WR. All he is good for is to stretch the field for Chad and TJ underneath. I think Marvin Lewis should be furious with Mike Brown for going over his head to resign this dumbass.

hunterkiller
08-21-2008, 11:06 PM
The only reason he resigned is because TJ and Chad are dinged up. I don't see the Bengals giving TJ big money this coming offseason so I guess they hope Henry becomes the #2 WR. All he is good for is to stretch the field for Chad and TJ underneath. I think Marvin Lewis should be furious with Mike Brown for going over his head to resign this dumbass.

They had been negotiating with Henry since before Johnson got hurt. It's also important to note that Chad and TJ are expected to be healthy before the season starts and Henry won't be eligible to play until week 5 so their injuries had little to do with it.

It has more to do with the fact that the receivers they took in the draft haven't shown anything this past offseason.

bigsmooth696969
08-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Marvin said he didn't want to rush them along so that could be a plan. I still hate this move!

I was hoping the Raiders signed Darrell Jackson when he was available. I think he still has a huge upside.

hunterkiller
08-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Marvin said he didn't want to rush them along so that could be a plan. I still hate this move!

I was hoping the Raiders signed Darrell Jackson when he was available. I think he still has a huge upside.

I'd rather have Chris Henry or Joe Horn than D-Jack.

bigsmooth696969
08-24-2008, 07:21 AM
I'd rather have Chris Henry or Joe Horn than D-Jack.

Joe Horn > Darrell Jackson???? No way!