PDA

View Full Version : Horn granted release from Falcons

pa99fighter
08-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Joe Horn got his wish Tuesday when the Atlanta Falcons granted the receiver his release, his agent, Ralph Vitolo, said.

Horn, 36, had been asking to be released since the start of training camp. The Falcons are trying to get younger and Horn wanted to catch on with a team that could make a playoff run this year.

Trade talks between the Falcons and other teams had not been productive, so the Falcons decided to release Horn on Tuesday to give him an opportunity to land with another team before the start of the regular season.

There also are financial factors that played into Atlanta's decision. Horn has $2.5 million in guarantees on his contract, and if he lands with another team, it's possible the Falcons will be offset for whatever he receives from another team.

Horn is entering his 13th NFL season. He has 603 career catches for 8,744 yards and 76 touchdowns in career stops that have included the Chiefs, Saints and Falcons. Last year, he played 12 games for the Falcons and caught 27 passes.

After being notified Horn was released, Vitolo began to contact teams to shop his client.
ESPN - Horn granted release from Falcons - NFL (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3542770)
If he comes with a good price the Jets can use him for a number 3 receiver we desperately need.

hunterkiller
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I hope the Raiders take a look at him. I was hoping they'd take a chance with Henry but they missed out. The Raiders also need another WR.

Gr8_White_Rabbit
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
I see him landing in Dallas with the Cowboys. They have Patrick Crayton as a No. 2. Horn can still produce even at 36.

bigsmooth696969
08-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Horn is done. At 36, he is basically hanging on too long. He hasn't done anything since 04. The only way I see him catching on with a team is for a non guarenteed contract. The risk/reward is just too steep. At this stage of his career, he is nothing more than a posession receiver. Picture jerry Rice in Seattle.

riggs
08-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Bring him back to KC so he can bone another linemans wife.

Oats420
08-23-2008, 01:06 PM
You guys can fight over Horn... i'll take Boldin anyday over him. With that said, Boldin better become a Bronco. We need him.

riggs
08-23-2008, 09:05 PM
^^^^Boldin isnt going anywhere.....at least not this year. And I will probably puke if he goes to the Donks but seems like a logical fit

bigsmooth696969
08-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Boldin isn't going anywhere unless a team is willing to give up a 1st round draft pick or a 2-3 rounder and another good player.

Oats420
08-24-2008, 07:26 AM
IMO, Boldin is first round pick material. He's definitely a proven player and would be a great addition to any roster. I would love to see him a Bronco although I really doubt it'll happen. I can dream right?