PDA

View Full Version : mosley vs. pbf,oscar vs. hatton

icemanct
10-19-2006, 07:40 PM
my picks would be de la hoya and mosley who do you think would win these fights

Afro
10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
most likely PBF and DLH

but I would want more then ever for Sugar Shane to win, Hatton is no joke either.

icemanct
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
most likely PBF and DLH

but I would want more then ever for Sugar Shane to win, Hatton is no joke either.i think dlh would bust up hatton.but idk about mosley and pbf though, mosley is bigger and smarter thats why i would pick him and he has heavy hands.

but pbf's speed is another story

Luis Cruz
10-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't know about Shane being smarter, PBF is probably the smartest boxer out there right now. I'd pick PBF to win at 147, Shane at 154lbs. but i'd be rooting for Shane either way. I'd take Oscar everyday anyday over Hatton. I always said Hatton was overrated and got his fans to ref his fights in England. Here in the states at 147 or 154, Oscar makes him look silly, he's not in his league. I'd be rooting for Oscar also.

Punk Ass
10-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Icemanct you talk as if Mosley is slow. He's probably just as fast as PBF is. If not faster. The reason why Mosley might win that fight is because he has more experience, he's fought better fighters than PBF has, and he's bigger and stronger. PBF can't hurt Mosley the only thing he can hope to do is dodge bombs all night long and not get caught, or (sighs) do what Vernon Forest did, punch and hold on for dear life until one of your punches hurt him.

Oscar is gonna kill Hatten by KO Hatten aint never fought anybody remotely anywhere near the talent of the Golden Boy.

JimmyMoore
10-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Icemanct you talk as if Mosley is slow. He's probably just as fast as PBF is. If not faster.

Say man, are you sure youve seen PBF fight? Mosley is just as fast as him?! It's not even close. Mosley IS fast, but Mayweather is on a whole other level. Mosley's biggest asset would be his size.

Punk Ass
10-21-2006, 04:42 AM
Say man, are you sure youve seen PBF fight? Mosley is just as fast as him?! It's not even close. Mosley IS fast, but Mayweather is on a whole other level. Mosley's biggest asset would be his size.
I've seen PBF fight since he came out the Olympics but I think ya'll over exaggerate. Mosley is EXTREMELY FAST and your not going to see a big difference between the 2.

Only 4 years ago, Mosley was the fastest man on the planet according to many people.

icemanct
10-21-2006, 04:53 AM
I've seen PBF fight since he came out the Olympics but I think ya'll over exaggerate. Mosley is EXTREMELY FAST and your not going to see a big difference between the 2.

Only 4 years ago, Mosley was the fastest man on the planet according to many people.wacth pbf now then you'll see the speed that pbf has:dancingmachine:

JimmyMoore
10-21-2006, 05:12 AM

Only 4 years ago, Mosley was the fastest man on the planet according to many people.

Four years was a long time ago man. Since then he's gotten the hell beat out of him 4 times and beaten a very old and overrated Vargas. This isnt that Shane anymore. That being said, Mayweather was faster than Mosley four years ago too.

Punk Ass
10-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Four years was a long time ago man. Since then he's gotten the hell beat out of him 4 times and beaten a very old and overrated Vargas. This isnt that Shane anymore. That being said, Mayweather was faster than Mosley four years ago too.

LOL, PBF hasn't fought anybody!!

JimmyMoore
10-21-2006, 05:24 AM

Yeah, you're right. They just GAVE him all those belts.

Afro
10-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Wait... Vargas is 28 years old man.

the hell beaten out of him? hes never been stopped, hes never gotten his ass kicked.. hes lost by decisions to only two men, and they are goood boxers.. vernon forrest is not a bad boxer by any means, and Winky Wright is one of the best finese boxers out right now since B-hop retired.

Punk Ass
10-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, you're right. They just GAVE him all those belts.

I'm not saying he hasn't fought really good fighters. All I'm saying is he hasn't fought the BEST!!!! Just because a guy has a Title doesn't mean he's the P4P best. All the fighters PBF has fought, he was supposed to beat. He was never a underdog, I was never overly impressed by his heart or will to win because no one has ever brought that out of him. All the fighters he's beaten, other people have beaten also.

Point being, none of PBF's opponents were on the level of DLH, Shane, Margarito, or even Forrest for that matter (even though I have no doubt he would beat Forrest)

If PBF beats Mosley or DLH without contraversy I will shut up and gladly just on the band wagon.

JimmyMoore
10-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Wait... Vargas is 28 years old man.

the hell beaten out of him? hes never been stopped, hes never gotten his ass kicked.. hes lost by decisions to only two men, and they are goood boxers.. vernon forrest is not a bad boxer by any means, and Winky Wright is one of the best finese boxers out right now since B-hop retired.

By old I meant several years passed his prime. Not his actual age.

And yes, he has had the hell beaten out of him for 36 rounds. The first Forrest fight was just an ass beating. And Winky Wright simply had his way with him for 24 straight rounds. Don't you remember how surprised everyone was when Shane announced he wanted a rematch? But yes, both Forrest and Wright are VERY good boxers. I was just making the point we havent seen the old Sugar Shane Mosley since then.

JimmyMoore
10-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm not saying he hasn't fought really good fighters. All I'm saying is he hasn't fought the BEST!!!! Just because a guy has a Title doesn't mean he's the P4P best. All the fighters PBF has fought, he was supposed to beat. He was never a underdog, I was never overly impressed by his heart or will to win because no one has ever brought that out of him. All the fighters he's beaten, other people have beaten also.

Point being, none of PBF's opponents were on the level of DLH, Shane, Margarito, or even Forrest for that matter (even though I have no doubt he would beat Forrest)

If Shane beats Mosley or DLH without contraversy I will shut up and gladly just on the band wagon.

First, just wanted to point out you changed the subject from straight speed to past opponents.
Second he doesnt have "a title" he has fucking FIVE of them in four different weight classes. And an unblemished record.
And last, I hate to have to be the one to point out the obvious, but when youre the top P4P boxer in the world, it's hard to be the underdog. Sorry, that's just the way things work.

Dork8503
10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
you said if shane beats mosley or dlh dont u mean pbf, and i think hatton is really overrated put him in there with someone like mosley or oscar they would beat him down fast

Punk Ass
10-22-2006, 08:58 PM
First, just wanted to point out you changed the subject from straight speed to past opponents.
Second he doesnt have "a title" he has fucking FIVE of them in four different weight classes. And an unblemished record.
And last, I hate to have to be the one to point out the obvious, but when youre the top P4P boxer in the world, it's hard to be the underdog. Sorry, that's just the way things work.

Ok tell me something. Who's the other fighter PBF fought that was considered one of the P4P best? I dont know any. IMO, in order to be called one of the P4P best you have to beat other fighters considered one of the P4P best. so far PBF has not done that. RJJ has, Mosley has, Hopkins has, Toney has, DLH has, I can go on and on. Now I will say again, what P4P contender has PBF beaten?

you said if shane beats mosley or dlh dont u mean pbf, and i think hatton is really overrated put him in there with someone like mosley or oscar they would beat him down fast

Thanks for the correction, I did mean PBF. And yeh Hatten is overated.

JimmyMoore
10-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok tell me something. Who's the other fighter PBF fought that was considered one of the P4P best? I dont know any. IMO, in order to be called one of the P4P best you have to beat other fighters considered one of the P4P best. so far PBF has not done that. RJJ has, Mosley has, Hopkins has, Toney has, DLH has, I can go on and on. Now I will say again, what P4P contender has PBF beaten?

Just in the last 5 years Mayweather has fought and beaten - Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo (twice), DeMarcus Corley, Arturo Gatti, Shamba Mitchell, and Zab Judah.
Kinda makes this statement:

Look pretty stupid, huh?

I would put that resume up against any 5 years of the other boxers you named.

Punk Ass
10-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Just in the last 5 years Mayweather has fought and beaten - Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo (twice), DeMarcus Corley, Arturo Gatti, Shamba Mitchell, and Zab Judah.
Kinda makes this statement:

Look pretty stupid, huh?

I would put that resume up against any 5 years of the other boxers you named.

LOL, how long have you been watching boxing?? All the fighters you named are very far from being mentioned in the same sentence as the P4P best. Gatti only looks good against cans, DeMarcus Corley is a steping stone for everybody, Shamba is way past his prime, Zab is boxings version of Vitor Belfort, Diego I have a soft spot for because he's one of my favorite boxers, because of his heart and power but come on now, he couldn't move his head away from punches if his life depended on it, and Castillo is good but nobody considers him one of the P4P best.

DLH on the other hand has fought Mosley and the last fight was a gift to Mosley, Tito and everybody knows Tito got a gift, beat Pernell Witiker, Julio Ceasar Chaves, Jorge Piez, gatti, Ike Quarty, Fernando Vargus, now that's a list, and I could go on.

That's just one fighter who is considered P4P one of the best.

All of those fighters with the exception of Gatti was at one time considered in the top 10 P4P ranking........What about PBF's opposition???

I'll be really surprised if you have more to say.:fingersmilie:

Afro
10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
I dont consider that last fight a fight to SSM, I believe SSM has DLHs # period.

JimmyMoore
10-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Castillo is good but nobody considers him one of the P4P best.

This is the 5th time youve made yourself look ignorant all in the same thread. That HAS to be some type of record. OK gonna make this one really easy on you. Please go to the pound for pound list thread that Afro started on this forum. Now, because NOBODY (your words) considers Castillo one of the pound for pound best, then his name shouldnt be anywhere on any of those lists. If it is, then your wrong AGAIN. But you should feel free to change the subject AGAIN. I'm not sure how much it will help though, I'm begining to think it's not possible for you to be right.

JimmyMoore
10-23-2006, 03:56 AM
I dont consider that last fight a fight to SSM, I believe SSM has DLHs # period.

Agreed

Afro
10-23-2006, 04:38 AM
This is the 5th time youve made yourself look ignorant all in the same thread. That HAS to be some type of record. OK gonna make this one really easy on you. Please go to the pound for pound list thread that Afro started on this forum. Now, because NOBODY (your words) considers Castillo one of the pound for pound best, then his name shouldnt be anywhere on any of those lists. If it is, then your wrong AGAIN. But you should feel free to change the subject AGAIN. I'm not sure how much it will help though, I'm begining to think it's not possible for you to be right.
LOL @ you leavin Castillo out of your list lol

JimmyMoore
10-23-2006, 04:52 AM
LOL @ you leavin Castillo out of your list lol

Haha Yeah I know. Still works for the purposes of this argument though.

Punk Ass
10-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Haha Yeah I know. Still works for the purposes of this argument though.

Not really, because I'm inclined to believe the people that have JLC in their P4P top 10 are not that knowlegable on boxing IMO. And I guess you have some rudimentary knowlege because you were smart enough to keep him off your list hehe.

Well I just looked at Ring Mag's P4P top 10 JLC is in there I think their crazy but that is the professional concensus:

POUND-FOR-POUND
This
week Last
Week Weeks
in
Ratings Fighter Weight Class
1 1 407 FLOYD MAYWEATHER Welterweight
2 2 132 WINKY WRIGHT Middleweight
3 3 150 MANNY PACQUIAO Jr. Lightweight
4 4 18 JERMAIN TAYLOR Middleweight
5 5 19 BERNARD HOPKINS Lt. Heavyweight
6 6 350 MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA Jr. Lightweight
7 7 41 RAFAEL MARQUEZ Bantamweight
8 8 73 RICKY HATTON Jr. Welterweight
9 9 54 JOSE LUIS CASTILLO Jr. Welterweight
10 10 33 JOE CALZAGHE Super Middleweight

Now the reason why I think they are really crazy is because SSM or DLH is not even in this list. Ricky Hatton, and Marco Antonio Barrera are over rated IMO. So I disagree with these assholes logic.

In closing I would like to say screw you, I'm right, your wrong, and I dont care what you say :fingersmilie:

JimmyMoore
10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Not really, because I'm inclined to believe the people that have JLC in their P4P top 10 are not that knowlegable on boxing IMO. And I guess you have some rudimentary knowlege because you were smart enough to keep him off your list hehe.

Well I just looked at Ring Mag's P4P top 10 JLC is in there I think their crazy but that is the professional concensus:

POUND-FOR-POUND
This
week Last
Week Weeks
in
Ratings Fighter Weight Class
1 1 407 FLOYD MAYWEATHER Welterweight
2 2 132 WINKY WRIGHT Middleweight
3 3 150 MANNY PACQUIAO Jr. Lightweight
4 4 18 JERMAIN TAYLOR Middleweight
5 5 19 BERNARD HOPKINS Lt. Heavyweight
6 6 350 MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA Jr. Lightweight
7 7 41 RAFAEL MARQUEZ Bantamweight
8 8 73 RICKY HATTON Jr. Welterweight
9 9 54 JOSE LUIS CASTILLO Jr. Welterweight
10 10 33 JOE CALZAGHE Super Middleweight

Now the reason why I think they are really crazy is because SSM or DLH is not even in this list. Ricky Hatton, and Marco Antonio Barrera are over rated IMO. So I disagree with these assholes logic.

In closing I would like to say screw you, I'm right, your wrong, and I dont care what you say :fingersmilie:

Hey I'm right there with you on Hatton. I think he is COMPLETELY overrated. He comes in throwing wild punches like that against a good fighter and he'll get his head boxed in.