PDA

View Full Version : How will my FFB team do?

marco47
08-24-2008, 04:06 PM
My team:

QB: Donovan McNabb
RB: Brian Westbrook
RB: Thomas Jones
WR: Braylon Edwards
WR: Larry Fitgerald
TE: Dallas Clark
W/R: LenDale White
W/T: Tedd Ginn Jr.
Def: Jacksonville
K: Mason Crosby

BN: Chris Johnson RB
BN: Dwayne Bowe WR
BN: DeAngelo Williams RB
BN: Jay Cutler QB
BN: Tony Scheffler TE

Its a 10-team pay league, i had 3rd pick. Thoughts?

Mac
08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
My team:

Looks like a decent team, but if it's a ten team league, seems like you could have had at least a better #2 RB or starting QB. Not saying Donavan and Jones aren't going to have good years, but ten team leagues tend to be deep talent wise.

scottsec
08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I think your gonna have problems at QB.

bigsmooth696969
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Westbrook is a stud but your other RB's are questionmarks. Its good you got both RB's from TEN but Deangelo Wiliiams will share carries with Jonathan Stewart. QB should be good. Your WR's are weak outside of your top 2. Bowe has Brodie Croyle throwing him the ball which is horrible and Ginn is a total questionmark. Good luck!

MONSONBYCHOKE
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I play in a keeper league with a team salery. We just had out draft yesterday. We are able to keep a player for up to 3 years. If you keep a player then you add 5 dollars to there contract to keep them. We did all the bidding yesterday. This is who I got

QB- Brett Farve, I kept him from last year
QB- Eli Manning ( No one wanted him so i said WTF only cost me 3)
QB-Gerrard

RB- Steve Jackson
RB- Darren Mcfadden
RB-Rudi Johnson
RB- Mike Turner. ( I kept him from last year knowing he was end of his contract and would be a starter anywhere else other than with LT

WR-Plaxico
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Santana Moss
WR-Derrick Mason

TE-Alge Crumpler
TE- I forget

I cant remeber the 2 kickers off the top of my head because I had to leave and my friend whom i split the team with took over.

Defense I picked up the pats and Raiders (Raiders suck but at this point there was not much to go with)

We start
1-QB
2-RB
3-WR
1-TE
1-k
1-D

First game I will be starting

Farve
Jackson
Mcfadden
Plaxico
Mason
Santana Moss
Crumpler
kicker ??
Pats d

bigsmooth696969
08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I play in a keeper league with a team salery. We just had out draft yesterday. We are able to keep a player for up to 3 years. If you keep a player then you add 5 dollars to there contract to keep them. We did all the bidding yesterday. This is who I got

QB- Brett Farve, I kept him from last year
QB- Eli Manning ( No one wanted him so i said WTF only cost me 3)
QB-Gerrard

RB- Steve Jackson
RB- Darren Mcfadden
RB-Rudi Johnson
RB- Mike Turner. ( I kept him from last year knowing he was end of his contract and would be a starter anywhere else other than with LT

WR-Plaxico
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Santana Moss
WR-Derrick Mason

TE-Alge Crumpler
TE- I forget

I cant remeber the 2 kickers off the top of my head because I had to leave and my friend whom i split the team with took over.

Defense I picked up the pats and Raiders (Raiders suck but at this point there was not much to go with)

We start
1-QB
2-RB
3-WR
1-TE
1-k
1-D

First game I will be starting

Farve
Jackson
Mcfadden
Plaxico
Mason
Santana Moss
Crumpler
kicker ??
Pats d

You need help at RB. McFadden is only going to get between 10-15 touches a game because he and Justin Fargas will be sharing carries. You WR's look somewhat solid but not knowing who is throwing to Mason could be a huge gamble. I like Algae in TEN because Young throws checkdown passes to his TE's alot. NWE defense could be a huge letdown. They are all old and it showed towards the end of the year lastyear. OAK defense could be the best DEF of the year. Their secondary is possibly the best in football. Hold onto them, they could be starting for you by week 3. I'm not big on Favre, especially since he is in a new system. David Garrard could be the steal of the draft. If he up's his TD's, he could be huge.

QB's are super thin this year. Brady, Peyton, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Brees are the upper tier QB's. After these guys, there is a pretty big drop off. I have drafted 3 leagues (2 salary cap and 1 snake pick) and I have seen the big QB's go within the first 2 rounds(10 person league). I think WR's are very deep and RB's are moderately deep. Scan the waiver wire because you may be able to put Marshall on IR if your league offers it.

Kimuras"R"Us
08-24-2008, 11:28 PM
QB: McNabb

RB: Westbrook
Jamal Lewis

WR: Reggie Wayne
Terrel Owens

TE: Todd Heap

D: Packers

K: Robbie Gould

BENCH
Matt Schaub
Selvin Young
Ricky Williams
Ben Utecht
Dwayne Bowe
Johnathon Stewart
Julius Jones
Eagles D/ST

There are still good receivers on waivers that's why I only drafted three. There was just too many good RBs left late (I got Ricky in round 10, and Stewart in round 14) for me to let them pass me.

Witchdoctor
08-24-2008, 11:35 PM
My team:

I'd say you'd do pretty good as long as Westbrook and McNabb stay healthy. You got some really good recievers and Clark is a good choice for TE. Jacksonville is a good defense to have, especially since they added some pass rushers.

Pretty solid, IMO.

bigsmooth696969
08-25-2008, 12:42 AM
QB: McNabb

RB: Westbrook
Jamal Lewis

WR: Reggie Wayne
Terrel Owens

TE: Todd Heap

D: Packers

K: Robbie Gould

BENCH
Matt Schaub
Selvin Young
Ricky Williams
Ben Utecht
Dwayne Bowe
Johnathon Stewart
Julius Jones
Eagles D/ST

There are still good receivers on waivers that's why I only drafted three. There was just too many good RBs left late (I got Ricky in round 10, and Stewart in round 14) for me to let them pass me.

I think you are sitting pretty. I think Julius Jones will have a big year and your WR's are possibly #2 and #3 in the league. If McNabb stays healthy, I think playoffs are in your future.

Here is my latest draft

QB-BRADY
RB-PORTIS
RB-L. JOHNSON
WR-BOLDIN
WR-WELKER
WR-CHAD JOHNSON
K- S. GRAHAM
DEF-JAX

QB- D. MCNABB
RB- J. LEWIS
RB- T. JONES
RB- R. WILLIAMS
RB- F. TAYLOR
WR-M. HARRISON
WR/TE- A. GATES
WR- D. DRIVER

8 team league starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Straight pickem with 1 keeper (Brady) I had the #8 pick in the snake draft.

marco47
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Westbrook is a stud but your other RB's are questionmarks. Its good you got both RB's from TEN but Deangelo Wiliiams will share carries with Jonathan Stewart. QB should be good. Your WR's are weak outside of your top 2. Bowe has Brodie Croyle throwing him the ball which is horrible and Ginn is a total questionmark. Good luck!

Bowe had a pretty good rookie season last year and he should do better this year. He is tall and can catch the endzone passes. His QB sucks, but the only other person he will throw to is Gonzales, so Bowe should get his fair share of catches (I'm in a PPR league). Ted Ginn is a question mark, but he's been playing real well this preseason. With a new QB and management, i think they will play to his strengths. I think Thomas Jones will do well with Brett spreading the offense. If McNabb plays well and doesn't get hurt I think I'll be alright.

Good luck with your league!