PDA

View Full Version : Schilt on MMA return, Aert's challenge, and more (short interview)

Ramma
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
K-1fans: How does your training shedule looks like?

Semmy: Well in the morning i train my Kickboxing/ Karate training, and i use the afternoon too do some cardio training.

K-1fans: Who would you like to fight the most at the final 16?
Semmy: Since Peter Aerts challenged me, and i accepted that, i think K-1 will let us face eachother.

K-1fans: Are there opponents who you want to avoid in the eliminations?
Semmy: Nope, To become a champion, you have to be prepared to fight everyone. So i don't care who i fight!

K-1fans: If you win the GP this year, you are without a doubt the greatest K-1fighter in history. What are your goals after that?
Semmy: I'm focusing on the GP so i don't look past that one yet,

K-1fans: Which one of your fights do you like most?
Semmy: In MMA it was against Funaki and in K-1 it was my last against Feitosa, the fight where i got rocked quit good by Glaube.

K-1fans: Do you want to return to MMA?
Semmy: Maybe, I'm not thinking about that one.

K-1fans: You recieve a lot of critisism on your fightstyle, what do you think of that and what would you say to those people?
Semmy: (Starts laughing) I really don't care about the critic, And i just would say: If they can do better, why don't step up in the ring themself?

K-1fans: Finaly, Do you got some words for your supporters at K-1fans.com
Semmy: Well i hope you will support me on my yourney to become K-1wgp champion for the fourth time in a row!
Greetings.

Source - K-1FANS :: View topic - Semmy Schilt interview (http://www.k-1fans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43117)

thefirm0
08-26-2008, 03:17 AM
you have a list of the finalists?

Ramma
08-26-2008, 04:19 AM
Here is a list of participating fighters. They haven't decided any fights yet.

So far, only 12 fighters are listed

K-1 OFFICIAL WEB SITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/top869.htm)

Semmy Schilt
Peter Aerts
Jerome Le Banner
Remy Bonjasky
Glaube Feitosa
Junichi Sawayashiki
Hong Man Choi
Badr Hari
Errol Zimmerman
Ewerton Teixeira
Ruslan Karaev
Gokhan Saki

Hopefully, Gokhan Saki can get his wish of fighting Badr Hari. He burned through that tournament and he called Badr out. Not sure if it will happen.

And of course, I hope Aerts gets his wish as well. Semmy will take it again I imagine.

valheruking
08-26-2008, 06:22 AM
I'd like to see Ruslan do well, he had a great comeback in the Korean tournament I think it was, he has the skills to go far it's just his defense and possibly chin that go against him, but perhaps he is different now, confidence seems to boost his performances and he's coming off 3 straight ko's in his last tournament. Would be great to see him and Badr go at it again, although I think Badr might be on a different level now.

Gurry
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah if Semmy wins this, this will be his 4th GP in a row correct. Man i really hope somebody beats him, i dont like him at all. But, he uses his reach so well its unlikely.

thefirm0
08-29-2008, 02:42 AM
schilt all the way

atj-lucko
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
yeah if Semmy wins this, this will be his 4th GP in a row correct. Man i really hope somebody beats him, i dont like him at all. But, he uses his reach so well its unlikely.

Thats the only reason he wins, if he was 6'2 he wouldn't even get past the 2nd round of a K-1 tournament.

The only person that I think can challenge him in k-1 is Jan Nortje or Tim Sylvia if he decides to go to K-1 which I think would be great for him.

bobcat
09-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Tim's got a good jab, but his overall striking isn't good enough to hang with the top K-1 guys.