PDA

View Full Version : Good job Boone

Anthony
05-19-2006, 11:15 PM
These forums are pretty nice. Just gotta fill it with people now.

Matt Boone
05-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Thanks man. That's the plan, wish me luck!

Alvin
05-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Cool site, how long has it been up?

Last night I was on the old forum, this morning I'm redirected here.

Not sure about the Junior member stuff though, do you really want to start a white belt/brown belt thing going on here!?!?

Anthony
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
NO BELTS!!! This aint shitdog.

Matt Boone
05-20-2006, 09:24 PM
That stuff is just part of the script. I think there's a way to turn it off or so that you can customize it. I remember on the old forum everyone had their own custom description or label there under their name where "Junior Member" is printed. But then again once this place gets heavily popular it's important to know who's an admin/mod, and for some posters who just browse and read it's important to see who has a lot of posts and stuff. I guess to them it helps them know who they can believe when they read their stuff. Like if say NinjaShogunRua is arguing with someone on here, he's smart and he posts a lot so that'll show by reading his posts and then seeing his post count title label thingy, to the browsers it's like "ok, I'll listen to this guy, he seems to know what he's talking about." But yeah, if it's that corny I'll go ahead and let people customize their stuff again.

NinjaShogunRua
05-22-2006, 12:52 AM
why do I gotta be arguing with people? :D Personally I don't care for the post count thing. That's one thing I hate about Sherdog is they automatically discredit someone if they don't have 1,000,000 posts or are a whitebelt/yellowbelt. If you are knowledgable about the sport it doesn't really matter how many posts you have or what your "ranking" is.

On another note, props on the new site Boone. I love the set up. This place should get rocking very soon with all the MMA events and news that's going on. May I suggest an off topic section? Those seem to be popular on other sites at times. I don't really care either way, just a thought.

Matt Boone
05-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Just meant debating a topic, not necessarily arguing lol.

Good suggestion on off-topic, will add it soon.

Working on the custom sigs/avatars too.

Yeah and give us time, forums take a while to build up. This place will be rocking and rolling soon. No doubt.

NinjaShogunRua
05-22-2006, 02:15 AM
lol I know, I was just being a wise ass. Custom avs and sigs will be sweet. Keep up the good work.

Matt Boone
05-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Like we said, any good suggestions presented will be acomodated as quickly as possible. So keep them coming, I hit a brain fart after everything you see listed in the forum already, so if I'm forgetting stuff keep pointing it out. We'll get this place as close to perfection as possible, and then it's take off time in terms of building the hell out of it member wise.

killerinstinct
06-02-2006, 10:13 PM
what i like about this site is you guys actually value are opinion and your constantly working to make this site better.

thanks guys.