PDA

View Full Version : R the mets gonna choke AGAIN?

SHUA
08-28-2008, 01:41 AM
im a NY met fan and it's startin to look like last years collapse all over again. i was really hopeing this would be the year the mets went all the way. after last nights flop it looks like i might as well get ready for some dissapointment. their bullpenn is the shitiest thing ive ever seen. poor johan santana. thoughts?

Gr8_White_Rabbit
08-28-2008, 01:43 AM
They will choke. They need better employees in the front office.

SHUA
08-28-2008, 01:48 AM
They will choke. They need better employees in the front office.

well since they got rid of willie randolph they seemed to be doing ok, but all those blown saves. if they don't do it this year then all they need is more bullpenn talent and they should be good:headscratch:

bigsmooth696969
08-28-2008, 05:30 AM
Since they handled the whole Willie thing with a total lack of class, I hope they make it over Philly but get popped by MIL, CHC, or ARI/LA

hunterkiller
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
The Yankees are the New York team that are choking this year.

I'm going to be laughing all fall if the Yankees miss the postseason with their "all-star" coach, and the Dodgers make it with the "the Yankee's scraps" coaching.

eazye76
08-29-2008, 01:49 AM
I don't think it's possible to pull the caliber of choke job they did last year, they might end up blowing it somehow but not like they did in '07

thedon17
08-29-2008, 03:19 AM
The Yankees are the New York team that are choking this year.

I'm going to be laughing all fall if the Yankees miss the postseason with their "all-star" coach, and the Dodgers make it with the "the Yankee's scraps" coaching.
Sorry, Dodgers aren't going anywhere

jcmichaels42
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Being a hardcore Phillies fan I certainly hope they go down the tubes like last year. But having a 7 game lead, and a 1 game lead going into September is a huge difference.

Personally I don't think the Mets bullpen can get them into the playoffs, and with a banged up rotation I think they're going to start falling apart pretty soon.

Paytheplayer
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Mets don't stand a chance. I still think they can sneak in, but even if they do theyll be out first round. Time to shake up the line up. Who will be first to go?