PDA

View Full Version : QB Daunte Culpepper Retires From The NFL At Age 31

hunterkiller
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
ESPN - Culpepper, unable to catch on as free agent, retires at age 31 - NFL (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569109)

What a crock. Both the Steelers and Packers offered him a job this offseason.

Paytheplayer
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I know this wouldn't be a selling point or anything, but Im pretty sure he was offered a job by the Lions as well. I don't know what happened with it, but it was on the news here.

hunterkiller
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I know this wouldn't be a selling point or anything, but Im pretty sure he was offered a job by the Lions as well. I don't know what happened with it, but it was on the news here.

He was offered a job by the Packers and Steelers but he turned them both down because he wants a chance to compete for the starter's job. Hey Daunte, the Packers let Brett Favre go because he wanted to compete for the starting job do you really think you had a chance.

And the Steelers have Rothlisberger. He isn't going anywhere.

Paytheplayer
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
He was offered a job by the Packers and Steelers but he turned them both down because he wants a chance to compete for the starter's job. Hey Daunte, the Packers let Brett Favre go because he wanted to compete for the starting job do you really think you had a chance.

And the Steelers have Rothlisberger. He isn't going anywhere.

Lol atleast with the Lions he could of had a shot at the starters job. O wait, Kitnas trying to break an interceptions record. Nevermind.

Why didnt Dante try out for New England, Dallas and Indy for the starters jobs while hes at it?

eazye76
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
What the hell is wrong with Dante not wanting to be a back up, he's played great at times, and if healthy is a lot better than some of the bums that will be starting opening day.

LebenTysonTank
09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm a big Vikes fan,so this is sad to see since I have so many memories cheering him on. I liked his aggressive style...maybe he will take a year off and come back.

hunterkiller
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Don't be surprised if the Patriots make a push for Culpepper now that Brady is out. This team could still be good with the right QB.