PDA

View Full Version : Preparation For Week 2, News Leading Up To Sunday

hunterkiller
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Each week, instead of posting numerous different threads with NFL news, I'll post one thread on Monday and update it periodically with news on injuries, signings, trades, etc. I'll get this one started with the lead up to week 2.

According to ESPN sources, the Titans are expecting QB Vince Young to miss 2-4 weeks with a knee injury, believed to be sprained.

On a radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio this morning, it was reported that Chris Simms and Tim Rattay are expected to visit the Patriots this morning due to the injury to Tom Brady.

If you would like information regarding a team, PM me or post in this thread and I'll see what I can find for you.

hunterkiller
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Tom Brady has been confirmed to be out for the year and will have surgery on his knee. No word yet on what exactly happened to the knee.

Cowboys RB Marion Barber has some bruised ribs but was seen moving around like the locker room like it wasn't bothering him. He should be good to go and isn't even expected to miss practice time this week.

QB Brodie Croyle of the Chiefs is out for the game Sunday against the Raiders. Damon Huard will get the start.

The Jets have signed kicker Jay Feely due to Mike Nugent's injury.

Bucaneers QB Jeff Garcia has a sprained ankle and is questionable for the game Sunday.

Seahawks WR Nate Burleson is out for the year with a torn ACL.

The Jaguars lost 2 starting offensive lineman when Guard Vince Manuwai went down for the year with a torn ACL and Guard Maurice Williams could be out for two months with a ruptured triceps muscle.

hunterkiller
09-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Just some quick news info:

The Colts are being "iffy" to the extent of TE Dallas Clark.

Colts: Clark's injury appears minor | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS03/809090364/1058/SPORTS03)

"I'm hoping he'll be OK,'' coach Tony Dungy said. "He was running, trying to get himself back in the game (Sunday night).

"But if it is going to be a couple of weeks, we'll adjust.''

Shawne Merriman, the LB of the Chargers is now out for the year with that knee injury. He's electing to have surgery on the knee which will end his season.

Chris Simms flew from Kansas City to Tenessee and is likely to sign with the Titans.

The Chiefs signed QB Ingle Martin from the Titans practice squad.

As I mentioned earlier in the day, I heard during one of the games yesterday that 49ers QB Alex Smith had an injured shoulder and that was confirmed on the NFL Network and will likely end his season as well.

The Patriots had scheduled the workouts for QBs Chris Simms and Tim Rattay before Tom Brady was injured and they chose not to even work them out upon their arrival. NFL Network reported that the Patriots are in no hurry to find another QB right now.