-Ewerton Teixeira vs. MUSASHI
-Ruslan Karaev vs. Chalid "Die Faust" Arrab
-Remy Bonjasky vs. Paul Slowinski
-Glaube Feitosa vs. Errol Zimmerman
-Gokhan Saki vs. Ray Sefo

Opening Fights
-Zabit Samedov vs. Fabiano Da Silva
-Randy Kim vs. Yong Soo Park

Source - K-1 OFFICIAL WEB SITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/top869.htm)

Well, it would appear that Aerts and Schilt are going to fight from the get go. There can be only one lol

I can't deny that I like how the matches are set up (minus Choi who just got fed to the wolves on his come back). Aerts and Schilt get to do their thing, while Remy, Gokhan, LeBanner, and Hari are all going to head into the final 8 (more than likely).

Hopefully, K-1 will also grant Saki his wish by letting him settle the score with Hari (though I doubt he will win).

Could be a really good show. Much of the same, but at least we are not seeing Schilt vs. Aerts in the finals for sure. I honestly think they are going to make sure Badr gets to the finals.

valheruking
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah but remember Choi is fighting in Korea, and we've seen how that works before, Badr will have to give a strong performance.

Gurry
09-12-2008, 01:51 AM
wow, starting with fireworks, i guess whoever wins the Aerts/Schilt fight is odds on favorite to win the tourney.

Intellectual
09-12-2008, 03:45 AM
i'm hearing alot of rumors that Musashi has improved immensely. can't wait to see him fight that night.

Ramma
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah but remember Choi is fighting in Korea, and we've seen how that works before, Badr will have to give a strong performance.

True, but Badr is going to go to work on Choi for sure. I don't think it will end up happening, but who knows.

wow, starting with fireworks, i guess whoever wins the Aerts/Schilt fight is odds on favorite to win the tourney.

Definitely. K-1 needs a new winner so bad. As much as I want to see someone set a new record (breaking Hoost's), I'd rather see a new winner. I want things mixed up a bit lol

i'm hearing alot of rumors that Musashi has improved immensely. can't wait to see him fight that night.
I really hadn't heard anything. Do you have any links? (I am not calling you out, I just want to see lol).

So, if Schilt or Aerts gets to the finals, who do you see being on the otherside of the ring from them... and will that other person win? lol

bobcat
09-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Please let Jerome win this one, not kept up with K-1 much recently, but I take it LeBanner is yet to win a WGP?

valheruking
09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah Jerome hasn't won one, would be nice to see him win

Ramma
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Please let Jerome win this one, not kept up with K-1 much recently, but I take it LeBanner is yet to win a WGP?

I wouldn't mind if JLB won it at all. In fact, if LeBanner could beat Schilt in the process like he wanted to. I would be even happier.

If JLB does get eliminated, that does open him to fight Sylvia if Affliction still wanted to do it. Which I would also love to see.

Now, if HMC or Saki or some crazy underdog won it, that would almost be better than if Remy won it lol. I would love nothing more than to see the foundation of the K-1 Elite get shaken up.

denice25
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
nice info... thanks..