PDA

View Full Version : Badr trashes MMA at DREAM.6

Ramma
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM
K-1 '07 and '08 Heavyweight Champion Badr Hari, no stranger to controversy, made waves when he was offered the ring microphone: "I came here to see great fights," he cracked, "but the only thing I saw is a little bit of hugging and kissing! If you want real fights and real knockouts, you are at the wrong address. I will tell you the right address: K-1! All this hugging is nothing, I challenge all the fighters here, come and fight me in the K-1 ring! Everybody who fights me gets knocked out!"

K-1 OFFICIAL WEB SITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/top878.htm)

K-1 definitely needs some attention right now. Even though Badr does like to throw some words, I am sure K-1/DREAM set that up.

Badr, a great kickboxer, would beat any HW in the K-1 ring... but a fight in the cage/MMA ring would be even shorter for him.

SimpleJack
09-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Sergei or Overeem either one would demolish him pretty easily using MMA rules.

Ramma
09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Apparently this happened after the Cro Cop/Overeem match when they were reviewing the ball shots or something along those lines.

SalTheButcher
09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Apparently this happened after the Cro Cop/Overeem match when they were reviewing the ball shots or something along those lines.

i think it was after cro-cop had already left the ring, and i think i remember him calling cro-cop a pussy for not continuing or something like that

i dont like hari, i hope he manages to get KTFO by choi tonight

Gurry
09-27-2008, 12:55 AM
i hate when strikers challenege mma fighters in there respective sport, if they're bad enough to open their mouthes why dont they just fight MMA lol

whitealexander
03-07-2009, 09:39 AM
lol thanks for the link i've been searching this on the net..

Dioxippus
09-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Envy's a bitch.

"I don't have the attention span to study grappling, I can only train to thrash my limbs left and right soooooo there! U guys suck!".

:dry:

ddoggma
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
He is over rated. I saw him get his ass kicked just a couple of months ago. I dont like him.

kickbox
11-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Thats a little rough coming from a k1 fighter with no ground game or takedown defense. Lesnar via rape.

Ramma
12-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Whenever this thread gets bumped, I think of Overeem leveling Badr under K-1 rules.

Dr. MMA
12-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Whenever this thread gets bumped, I think of Overeem leveling Badr under K-1 rules.

Same here. By the way, do you think that in the rematch, the fight got stopped early? Seemed a little bit early to me.

earle
12-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Same here. By the way, do you think that in the rematch, the fight got stopped early? Seemed a little bit early to me.

Yes, I thought it was a little early. Overeem wasn't really hurt, he wasn't even breathing hard either.

Ramma
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes, I thought it was a little early. Overeem wasn't really hurt, he wasn't even breathing hard either.

Well, he was definitely hurt, the head kick would have dropped him if he didn't hit the corner.

It was a bit early, but outside of Overeem throwing Badr a few times, he was getting picked apart (having been dropped once or twice before obviously I think). Not that it justifies the stoppage, but I don't think Overeem was bouncing back from that.

He protested in post fight interviews, but Overeem didn't have a problem with it at the time.

I'd have to go back and watch it. That fight was a while ago.

dbader08
03-26-2011, 04:09 PM
his quotes smell of shit....bullshit to be exact.

I'd like to see how good he is at hugging and kissing someone in an mma fight.

Like someone said, Kharitonov and AO would wreck him.

D4D
04-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Can't say nothing bad about Hari

The guy is a fucking murderer

dbader08
05-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Fuck yeah he is, but he'd get his ass kicked in an MMA ring getting thrown around by Overeem like that.

But as far as K-1 goes, hes definitely one of the best, especially as far as skill goes. Dude has some wicked combinations and power in both hands and knees. He's got very good kicks too obviously. He does leave himself pretty open sometimes though. He has a good chin to, he took a hard shot overhand shot from Sefo in their fight and just continued to beat his ass like nothing happened.

He definitely fights like someone just said something about his moma though, and it would be pretty scary staring across the ring at that psycho knowing your about to have to fight him.

Pasha K
06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah the guy is really a monster. Not only he has amazing skills, but he is also very tall and heavy.
Look at his last fight against a french guy, the guy was scared to the point that he was falling on purpose.

dbader08
06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
True, and he's only getting bigger. I'm ready to see him on "vs the voice", where that British Michael dude does in depth interviews with fighters, it comes out June 24th I think. I saw a trailer and it looked interesting to say the least.

Pasha K
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
The voice vs is always very entertaining.

But just for the record, Michael Schiavello is not british, he is Australian ;)

dbader08
06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
lol my bad, now that it was on HDNET today, hopefully its on the web somewhere

dexter
07-10-2011, 02:53 PM
True, and he's only getting bigger. I'm ready to see him on "vs the voice", where that British Michael dude does in depth interviews with fighters, it comes out June 24th I think. I saw a trailer and it looked interesting to say the least.

He's Australian.

dbader08
07-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I have figured that out by now, but thank you.