PDA

View Full Version : NHL '08/'09 season coming up.......

kickass32
10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
What are your thoughts on how your favorite team fared in the off-season free agency, trade, and drafting market?? Also who you think improved and who didn't??

My team is the Devils, and with the addition, or, re-addition of Brian Rolston and Bobby Holik, was a pretty big off season for Lamourello. Off course when you have Marty Brodeur in net, the possiblity of winning is always there. He is set to surpass Pat Roy as the winningest goalie of all time!!

I like what the Sharks have done, adding Blake and Boyle on the blueline, add Ehrhoff and Luckowich and you might just have a defence that allows the Sharks to finally get over the hump.
Tampabay also improved a great deal...If Stamkos is for real, the additions of Ryan Malone, Roberts, and even Mark Recchi will help. Kolzig and Mike Smith in net seems to be a huge upgrade from last year.

Leafs still suck and will for a long time......although I watched luke Schenn play a couple games when the Leafs had their rookie tournament in Kitchener, and he does look like he will be a star....not now, but soon.
Toskla will be hung out to dry, I'm afraid. Any team with a top unit of Antropov, Ponikarovsky, and Grabovski, are doomed for failure!

dan the man 67
10-02-2008, 06:10 PM
With the addition of Hossa, the Red Wings are looking pretty strong to defend the cup.

I hope Montreal is a contender this year.

Thaistylist
10-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Sabres added Rivet and I like that but they still need a #1 defender. I also think they pass too much so I am hoping players like Pominville and Vanek and Kotalik realize their potential.

Oats420
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
A few quick thoughts on the NHL season:

-Philly is my team and I see them going far this year (I may be biased... but meh)
-Montreal should be the top team in the league or atleast the East at the end of the season
-The Leafs won't make the play-offs... again... and will continue to add on another year without even sniffing the cup. I see this process repeating itself for a long time.
-Columbus could make a splash this year, like Washington did last year.
-Chicago will be a playoff team in no time... if not this year, than the next.

That's all I can think of for now.

Steve88
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
montreal is gonna be top team in the east mark my words !

i can't fucking wait :D

cormacraig
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Forever Washington here.

MONSONBYCHOKE
01-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Bruins!