PDA

View Full Version : Signature size limit

strife
10-25-2006, 09:57 AM
You shouldn't be able to have a signature over a certain number of lines, it's really frustrating scrolling through a page and have to scroll an extra 2-3 times just to clear a signature. It would also make the forums appear a lot cleaner if there weren't these half page signatures everywhere.

Clint
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah some do get too long. I'll see if there is a setting somewhere that we can adjust for it.

Legend
10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Good suggestion.

Storm442
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I AGREE !!
Set the max pixel count (HxW) to something smaller.

Thanks,
~Storm

killerinstinct
10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I AGREE !!
Set the max pixel count (HxW) to something smaller.

Thanks,
~Storm
The size limit for avatar are fine in my opinion.I think signature could be shortened some ,but not too much.I'll be pissed if my Randy Couture spanking tito gif won't fit in the signature limit.

Storm442
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Regarding your spanking:
I think we'd ALL miss it, Killer!
LOL

Some sigs are way out of line "size-wise" (in my opinion).

~Storm

Boo
10-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I agree with Strife on this one too. I unchecked the "show signatures" because of this very reason.

So if you refer to your sig, I have no idea what you are talking about.

strife
10-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree with Strife on this one too. I unchecked the "show signatures" because of this very reason.

So if you refer to your sig, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Please refer to my sig to know why I really made this post :grinsmile1:

Luis Cruz
10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm not really sure what the complaint is, maybe i missed something. I haven't seen any problems with the sigs. If it's too big and stretches the screen i'll let them know but i have seen anything really crazy as of late, care to point any out?

strife
10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
If they are any bigger than killerinstincts they are too big IMO, his is the biggest you should be able to have.

Boo
10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Please refer to my sig to know why I really made this post :grinsmile1:
Did AJL416AZ do that to you Strife? At least he didn't make you put a pic of that garish getup he had on at Pride 32. Think positive, it could be worse.....maybe.

I'll leave the sigs on for awhile, just for laughs. I do that once in awhile until it starts distracting me from everyone's posts. Go to your options and uncheck it Strife, at least till the bet is over. Then at least YOU won't have to look at it and... :violently2:

strife
10-28-2006, 03:47 AM
A good example of a sig that is too big would be Supreme's.

killerinstinct
10-28-2006, 04:34 AM
A good example of a sig that is too big would be Supreme's.
Quick Handed Vitors is pretty big too.

Storm442
10-28-2006, 05:06 AM
The members have spoken!

billwilliams70
10-28-2006, 05:12 AM
My sig is 500x200 and my avatar 150x100.....if there's a dimensions limit, I'll make new ones.

Later.

strife
10-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Quick Handed Vitors is pretty big too.

The Bonger's is so big it takes up my ENTIRE screen.

Luis Cruz
10-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I would like everyone's sig to try and be no more than 250x250 with only pic in it. That'll help keep the long ones down. I couldn't find the settings for it, i can only find where to turn it on and off. So if yours is bigger than that please shrink, if it's close to it you should be ok. The avatars i believe have a size limit already on them, haven't seen a problem with those.

killerinstinct
10-31-2006, 06:09 AM
kowarrior's is ridiculously large.It's a nice pic ,but too large.

BigBanda
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
kowarrior's is ridiculously large.It's a nice pic ,but too large.
haha no shit, his sig takes up half a page lol. I mean its cool and all but he needs to resize it.

killerinstinct
10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
I wish Kemo was still around.I don't know whatever happened to him.He used to have a pretty cool website of his own and one of the guys there made me a badass sig that had Killer Instinct written on it in a really cool design and it had some pics of Randy Couture.

Where'd you go Kemo?

strife
11-01-2006, 01:02 AM
kowarrior's sig is so big it makes me not want to read anything, it also makes me hate life. Truth.

Livebyit_Fightbyit
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
sorry fixed it but no way am I taking down the Vitor owning wand gif or the sig I made and i think other than the URL of the forum I work at. Sorry for the inconvience.

strife
11-12-2006, 06:38 AM
sorry fixed it but no way am I taking down the Vitor owning wand gif or the sig I made and i think other than the URL of the forum I work at. Sorry for the inconvience.

So you think you are more special than everyone else here that abides by the rules? Seems like that to me....

blightsmite
11-14-2006, 04:22 AM
Don't be a baby

strife
02-27-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm reviving this because signatures are getting fucking huge yet again. Mods please help.

AudieMurphy1
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
The size limit for avatar are fine in my opinion.I think signature could be shortened some ,but not too much.I'll be pissed if my Randy Couture spanking tito gif won't fit in the signature limit.

i hate to lose my avi

Clint
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm reviving this because signatures are getting fucking huge yet again. Mods please help.

Yeah I noticed that I'll start PMing people when I see really large sigs. What's the worst though are the ones that are too wide and stretch the screen.

AudieMurphy1
02-27-2007, 09:22 PM
while i do think some sigs get a little out of hand i've always kinda like the fact that sigs and avi's are kinda no holds barred here, it really sets this board apart from any other i've ever been a member of.....FIGHT THE POWER...rage against the machine:confusedsmilie:

strife
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
while i do think some sigs get a little out of hand i've always kinda like the fact that sigs and avi's are kinda no holds barred here, it really sets this board apart from any other i've ever been a member of.....FIGHT THE POWER...rage against the machine:confusedsmilie:

Ummmm....you do realize that this is about the size (dimensions) of the signature and not its content...right? Rage is my favorite band btw.

AudieMurphy1
03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Ummmm....you do realize that this is about the size (dimensions) of the signature and not its content...right? Rage is my favorite band btw.

yes i was talking about size as well as content.......and they say size doesnt matter............

strife
03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
TheBranMan's sig takes up my entire screen.

Xamien
03-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I registered here the other day, and I like the content a lot better than another forum which will remain unnamed, but I just couldn't end up lingering because of the avatars and sigs.

All I'm seeing is HUGE IMAGE then a little bit of text then HUGER IMAGE! I swear the actual post content takes up about 2% of any given thread page.

Trying to find the itty bitty lines of text in between all of the huge images makes me gravitate towards a board full of chimps just because I don't have to work so hard to actually see the content of the posts.

Just a newbie's 2 cent in favor of limits.

Clint
03-25-2007, 12:11 AM
I registered here the other day, and I like the content a lot better than another forum which will remain unnamed, but I just couldn't end up lingering because of the avatars and sigs.

All I'm seeing is HUGE IMAGE then a little bit of text then HUGER IMAGE! I swear the actual post content takes up about 2% of any given thread page.

Trying to find the itty bitty lines of text in between all of the huge images makes me gravitate towards a board full of chimps just because I don't have to work so hard to actually see the content of the posts.

Just a newbie's 2 cent in favor of limits.
I try to keep people's sigs under control but sometimes I miss one or just forget for whatever reason. If you want, you can go to the User CP link at the top and then click on "edit options" then uncheck the box that says show signatures. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Xamien
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I try to keep people's sigs under control but sometimes I miss one or just forget for whatever reason. If you want, you can go to the User CP link at the top and then click on "edit options" then uncheck the box that says show signatures. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Thanks for the tip. I don't know why I didn't think of it on my own. I guess I'm just too used to other forum formats that are more conducive to easy viewing even with avatars and sigs.

I turned avatars and sigs off, though, and it does help a lot. Sorry for whining in my other post.

strife
04-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the tip. I don't know why I didn't think of it on my own. I guess I'm just too used to other forum formats that are more conducive to easy viewing even with avatars and sigs.

I turned avatars and sigs off, though, and it does help a lot. Sorry for whining in my other post.

Not whining at all man, you have every right to complain because it's a problem. People just don't know how to size pictures. I've noticed a ton of massive sigs lately and quite frankly it is getting annoying. I don't want to turn off sigs because most of the people here have some pretty damn funny ones, or classics!

Boo
04-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Not whining at all man, you have every right to complain because it's a problem. People just don't know how to size pictures. I've noticed a ton of massive sigs lately and quite frankly it is getting annoying. I don't want to turn off sigs because most of the people here have some pretty damn funny ones, or classics!
I resized mine. Do you think it's still too big?

Ramma
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
one thing to consider guys, I agree that there should be a limit, but remember that some people have bigger monitors than others, and don't have to do too much work to get passed em. So don't kill the people. But yeah,maybe make the sig limit like 350x350 max or something

Ramma
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I resized mine. Do you think it's still too big?

and no, it is not too big, but it will certainly give me nightmares..

Boo
04-21-2007, 01:12 AM
and no, it is not too big, but it will certainly give me nightmares..
It gives me the shivers too. Usually I'm not so twisted. Not sure what got into me. I think I'll blame it on Bullock and Legend being a bad influence.

strife
04-23-2007, 06:59 PM
one thing to consider guys, I agree that there should be a limit, but remember that some people have bigger monitors than others, and don't have to do too much work to get passed em. So don't kill the people. But yeah,maybe make the sig limit like 350x350 max or something

Bigger monitors have nothing to do with it, maybe if someone was running a rediculous screen resolution like 1280x1024 or something stupid that's higher than that it won't matter...but most people run 1080x768 and if it takes up my entire screen or close to it, it's going to with other people's as well. It's annoying, and it's easy as hell for someone to go into photoshop (if they have it) or MS paint and resize am image. It takes maybe a couple minutes tops to do that.

billwilliams70
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I think that a sig should be about 450x150.....if you want some text lines under or above it, we should be limited to about three lines.

Later.