PDA

View Full Version : hopkins vs. jones jr. 2

icemanct
10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
who would win?

Luis Cruz
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
The Bernard that fought Tarver (the busy for 12 rounds Hopkins) would be Bernard all day. The Hopkins that fought Taylor i'd take Jones because he'd probably be more busy and take enough earlier rounds to secure a decision.

Punk Ass
10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
The Bernard that fought Tarver (the busy for 12 rounds Hopkins) would be Bernard all day. The Hopkins that fought Taylor i'd take Jones because he'd probably be more busy and take enough earlier rounds to secure a decision.

You give Jones a hell of a lot more credit than he deserves. RJJ is finished (and I'm his biggest fan). Aint no way in the world RJJ can beat BHop now. RJJ lost to Tarver. If RJJ fought Tarver only 6 to 8 years ago that would have been a easy win for Jones and so would Glen Johnson. As much as I love RJJ he's a shell of what he used to be. His chin is diminished because of those devistating KOs so close to each other and he's slowed down tremendously.

BHop on the other hand does not rely on speed, he's just one of the most skillful fighters in the world. When RJJ beat him in their primes it was because of overall speed. No one could hit RJJ when he's in his prime.

Luis Cruz
10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
You give Jones a hell of a lot more credit than he deserves. RJJ is finished (and I'm his biggest fan). Aint no way in the world RJJ can beat BHop now. RJJ lost to Tarver. If RJJ fought Tarver only 6 to 8 years ago that would have been a easy win for Jones and so would Glen Johnson. As much as I love RJJ he's a shell of what he used to be. His chin is diminished because of those devistating KOs so close to each other and he's slowed down tremendously.

BHop on the other hand does not rely on speed, he's just one of the most skillful fighters in the world. When RJJ beat him in their primes it was because of overall speed. No one could hit RJJ when he's in his prime.

Did you even watch his last fight?? He showed signs of life most of that fight. Yea it wasn't Hopkins but still, like i said if Hopkins wanted to sit back and stall then i say Jones could steal early rounds much like Taylor did, he might not be as fast as he was but he still has speed don't act like it all just disappeared. BUT i also said if Hopkins came to fight for 12, then i take him all day. And i'm NOT an RJ fan.

Punk Ass
10-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Did you even watch his last fight?? He showed signs of life most of that fight. Yea it wasn't Hopkins but still, like i said if Hopkins wanted to sit back and stall then i say Jones could steal early rounds much like Taylor did, he might not be as fast as he was but he still has speed don't act like it all just disappeared. BUT i also said if Hopkins came to fight for 12, then i take him all day. And i'm NOT an RJ fan.

Your the best non RJJ fan I ever saw. Thank you for giving my icon hope. I hope he can at least steal some early rounds. BTW I didnt see his last fight so I may change my decision if I did.

Luis Cruz
10-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Your the best non RJJ fan I ever saw. Thank you for giving my icon hope. I hope he can at least steal some early rounds. BTW I didnt see his last fight so I may change my decision if I did.

If i don't like someone i'm not going to discredit what they can or can't do. I REALLY dislike Floyd but i don't take away from his talents.

And i would probably feel the same if i didn't see Jones' last fight. I caught a vid of it later not the ppv. It was against Prince Badi not that long ago. Jones tooled him for most of the fight making him look like an amaeture. Jones got caught one time in that fight that he got hurt but other than that he completely outclassed him. He was a top ten or top 15 in the division, which isn't great but not bad for that performance. I actually picked Prince to win because i was on the same lines as you in thinking Jones just didn't have it or want it anymore but after that fight he has something left if he really wants it. He has another fight coming up in either late November or early December against (rumor anyway unless it was signed recently) Siaca, who i think should be fighting at 168lbs not 175lbs. He has some power and fought some of the better 168lbs guys and actually beat Mundine in a close fight and i think he dropped him in the middle somewhere, it was a little while ago don't remember. He also fought Kessler whose the #1 guy in the division now behind Joe. He got beatup that fight but he still fought. It's a decent test for Roy so we'll see what happens if it happens. I know Roy wanted to warmups then a real title shit with whoever or another big fight. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bernard but they're too buddy buddy and it might be a little boring. They'll fake the funk to build the fight but i think come fight time there might be too much respect and friendship to see a real 100% from both of them.

Punk Ass
10-26-2006, 12:29 AM
IDK maybe but I wouldn't want to see RJJ fight BHop. Only because I'm a fan of RJJ and I don't want him to lose. IMO I think RJJ should just end his career fighting cans.