PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Boxers of all-time?

Afro
10-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I got a few from different weight classes

Heavyweight: Lennox Lewis the conquerer of the 90s HW division

Light Heavyweight: Roy Jones Jr

Middleweight: Winky Wright

Lightweight: Manny Paciquao

Welterweight: Julio Cesar Chavez

Punk Ass
10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
HW-Mike Tyson- king of the 80s

LHW-Roy Jones jr. just so damn fun to watch

MW-Barnard Hopkins- So damn crafty

WW Oscar De La Hoya- just so damn smart and skilled

LW- Diego Corrales- That man has a lot of heart.

aaronm_rand
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Rocky Marciano is my all-time favorite fighter. Probably because he's white, small, and undefeated(I'm no racist, I just like watching white boxers and basketball players succeed). Unfortunately I haven't seen any of his fights, just some highlights and read a book about him.

And yes, I do realize he is most likely not the greatest boxer of all-time, and Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson(and others) would be favorites against him.

Punk Ass
10-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Rocky Marciano is my all-time favorite fighter. Probably because he's white, small, and undefeated(I'm no racist, I just like watching white boxers and basketball players succeed). Unfortunately I haven't seen any of his fights, just some highlights and read a book about him.

And yes, I do realize he is most likely not the greatest boxer of all-time, and Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson(and others) would be favorites against him.

He was only undefeated because he retired early. And he was good but he wasn't better than Joe Luis. When he beat Joe, Joe was old and washed up. I understand why your biased, HELL I want my black people succeeding, and becoming the best at what ever we do. But you should probably watch a fight or 2.

Greenish
10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Tyson - epitome of excitment, unfortunatly outside ring as well

LL - denied his rightfull props for so long, I'm sucker for those who fight against establishment

Holyfield - man of iron chin and heart, to bad he seems like a crook under mask of christianity (nothing bad about religion though)

Toney - while he is vulgar and cocky you can't deny he's entertaining. Add fact that he often takes a role of underdog at HW and you gotta love him. That is if he had some damn training discipline (or a padlock on his fridge)

Corrales - humble guy with big puch and ever bigger balls

Mayoga - doesn't know meaning of word class, but boy does he bring it

(old-)Vargas, Gatti, Castillo - gutsy brawlers

DLH, Mosley, Tszyu - classy guys with pleanty of skill and talent

Honarable mention: Morrison, Bruno etc. - if you got a big punch and sub-par chin you ain't boring ;)

Unhonorable mention - Tito. All those groin shoots against Vargas REALLY pissed me off. Believe it or not but after all these years that's still first thing that comes to my mind when I hear Tito's name.

leelandk
10-28-2006, 05:20 AM
He was only undefeated because he retired early. And he was good but he wasn't better than Joe Lewis. When he beat Joe, Joe was old and washed up. I understand why your biased, HELL I my black people succeeding and becoming the best at what ever we do. But you should probably watch a fight or 2.

If you can't spell Joe Louis, how can someone take your opinion seriously!!

Punk Ass
10-28-2006, 06:39 AM
If you can't spell Joe Louis, how can someone take your opinion seriously!!

I guess because misspelling someone's name doesn't make you stupid and I think you just want to be a asshole!! You read what I said and understood very clearly. So why don't you try not being a dick and maybe someone will take you seriously. :fingersmilie:

leelandk
10-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I guess because misspelling someone's name doesn't make you stupid and I think you just want to be a asshole!! You read what I said and understood very clearly. So why don't you try not being a dick and maybe someone will take you seriously. :fingersmilie:

I wasn't being a dick. And yes I understood what you were saying very clearly. But you are acting very knowledgable on a subject, Joe Louis' career, yet you don't even know how to spell his name. Kinda shows you don't know boxing history very well, just go by what you hear and not what you read.:wavesmile:

Afro
10-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I dont think how you spell a guys name really matters