PDA

View Full Version : Lutter vs. Sell

Divide Et Impera
10-28-2006, 06:53 PM
What a listless, heartless effort by both guys. And why didn't McCarthy stand them up more? I mean, if all they wanted to do was lay down together, they could have gotten a room at the Motel 6.

In that 15 minute fight, they were up on their feet for probably less than 3 minutes. In the remaining 12+ minutes that they were resting together on the ground, Lutter tried maybe 3 weak ass submission attempts. And to say that Sell was working on TD defense with Lidell, he sure went down with ease. I don't remember a single sprawl and it's not like Lutter had an awesome shoot either.

That fight, Charles McCarthy's fight from the 2nd or 3rd episode and Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Kevin Jordan at UFC 56 are the worst efforts I think I have ever seen.

If these guys are really trying to get their shot, they sure don't put much of an effort....

killerinstinct
10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
This is a ridiculous post.To say that these guys didn't try is ridiculous.Sell fought hard the entire time againts a superior ground fighter and never gave up and Lutter tried to finish a couple of times ,but was more intent on a submission.When you know all your opponent's trying to do is submit you it's easier to avoid a submission and defend against him.Lutter should learn more gnp.I thought the fight was alright.Not the best ,but certainly no where close to the worst.I think the fighters deserve more respect than you gave them Divide Et Impera.

Divide Et Impera
10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Please, dude. There was absolutely no action on the ground. Obviously, that's where Lutter wanted to take it, so he got it there - with much ease. Once on the ground, there just wasn't enough action for McCarthy to allow it to stay there. Sell didn't try to escape and Lutter tried maybe 3 times for a weak ass kimura (sp?). They get respect for getting in the ring. They get respect for being isolated from those they know while they are on a nationally broadcast show. They get respect for their years of training. But, they get nothing on that weak ass fight....

strife
10-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Please, dude. There was absolutely no action on the ground. Obviously, that's where Lutter wanted to take it, so he got it there - with much ease. Once on the ground, there just wasn't enough action for McCarthy to allow it to stay there. Sell didn't try to escape and Lutter tried maybe 3 times for a weak ass kimura (sp?). They get respect for getting in the ring. They get respect for being isolated from those they know while they are on a nationally broadcast show. They get respect for their years of training. But, they get nothing on that weak ass fight....

Did you even watch the post fight interview and see Pete Sell's face? Take your head out of your ass and realize that ground work is part of the game, Pete Sell was all kinds of fucked up after that fight. He looked almost as bad as Kenny Florian did after fighting Sean Sherk.

Divide Et Impera
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
OK, you call Lutter laying on Sell in a very weak full guard and just staying in that position and not trying for different subs action on the ground? Did Lutter get some short elbows and hammer fists in? Absolutely! Is that alone indicative of quality of action? Absolutely not. Point is, Lutter was not working and Sell has a worse ground game than a junior high wrestler. I've seen many fights that had much more action than that lame fight stood up by the refs....

Divide Et Impera
10-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh, and I'm glad you mentioned the Sherk fight because THAT is ground work. Sherk was on top of Florian for the same percentage of the fight that Lutter was on top of Sell (about 95%). Florian was trying all kinds of escapes and he was trying for subs from his back for 5 rounds. Sell just laid there like a fish and Lutter did not press like Sherk did. So, you are comparing a great fight against a shit fight and I need to get my head out of my ass?

greg39tigers
10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
i thought it was a good fight.....clash of two styles....lutter was working to pass guard pretty much constantly in the first two rounds and sell was working him back into guard....that is mma...i thought sell showed alot of heart....lesser of a fighter would have give up being held down that long and getting beat on