PDA

View Full Version : K-1 World GP Discussion *Spoilers*

Dave_44
12-06-2008, 04:33 PM
alright so when is the on and where can I watch it is it pay per view? let me know

valheruking
12-06-2008, 05:17 PM
The gp? it was on earlier today.

the dazzle
12-06-2008, 05:21 PM
fucking Badr :(

homegrowncone
12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Some awesome fights and great build up ruined.

Malevolence
12-06-2008, 06:42 PM
fucking Badr :(

Bonjansky has pulled that whole "where am I?,wha Happen?" schtick before,im sure it was about 2 years ago against Bob Sapp.Remy got hit in the back of the head on the ground by Sapp,an obvious illegal blow,but nothing that would really knock him out if he were say,standing up.Bonjansky then procceded to flop around for 5 minutes but as soon as he got the DQ win he was up & walking within a minute or so.In last nights fight Remy was fully aware of what was going on around him after Hari grazed him with that attempted stomp,his eyes followed the ref & Hari around the ring when the ref seperated them.Honestly,i've seen better acting in Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior matches.Im not condoning what Hari did,the guy seems to be a bit of a loose unit & you cant pull that sort of shit in K1.I do however think that Remy could of continued to fight,IMO Remy won the first round & with the resulting point deduction he would of also won the second,putting him in good shape to take that fight.The fans who attend these shows & buy the ppvs deserve more,shall we say,spirited efforts from some of the guys in that ring.Hari was over the top in what he did,but at least he wants to fight,unlike Bonjansky.I got the feeling Remy got scared by how ferocious & pshycotic Hari became,in fact he just about elbowed the ref when he got pulled off of Bonjansky.Debacles like this are exactly why I started to lose interest in K1 after seeing my first UFC event.I would post the video thats on youtube but im retarded & dont know how.

Monsterman
12-07-2008, 03:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0vpa3xgv1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0vpa3xgv1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

While i do agree Remy could probably have continued i donīt know if i would have either if i was him and i felt it effected my ability to fight.

Malevolence
12-07-2008, 04:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0vpa3xgv1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0vpa3xgv1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

While i do agree Remy could probably have continued i donīt know if i would have either if i was him and i felt it effected my ability to fight.

I dont think it effected him that much monster,his eyes were totally clear.not so easy to see on grainy youtube video but I watched the ppv on my big ol TV,he was totally conscious mate,fully aware of his surroundings.Hari was out of order & I can understand what you're saying but it showed a total lack of heart on Bonjanskys part as far as im concerned.If I were Remy I would wanna get up & kill the asshole but thats just the way that I am.I think im floggin a dead horse at this stage tho :deadhorse: whats done is done,spilt milk etc...Now to go completely off topic,kinda,how do you post videos & video gifs in a sig,bear in mind you might have to treat me as you would an infant,im a bit slow at picking up p.c skills.Lil help? :huh:

Tri
12-07-2008, 05:34 AM
wait, i thought Manhoef had retired? or was that just MMA?

Monsterman
12-07-2008, 08:46 AM
I dont think it effected him that much monster,his eyes were totally clear.not so easy to see on grainy youtube video but I watched the ppv on my big ol TV,he was totally conscious mate,fully aware of his surroundings.Hari was out of order & I can understand what you're saying but it showed a total lack of heart on Bonjanskys part as far as im concerned.If I were Remy I would wanna get up & kill the asshole but thats just the way that I am.I think im floggin a dead horse at this stage tho :deadhorse: whats done is done,spilt milk etc...Now to go completely off topic,kinda,how do you post videos & video gifs in a sig,bear in mind you might have to treat me as you would an infant,im a bit slow at picking up p.c skills.Lil help? :huh:

Thatīs a really cheap way to become a champion if he really was faking it. The whole situation was shamefull and hopefully never happens again.
Iīm not really sure how to ad vid or gif as a sig either but pm someone who has one and you should get help.

Ramma
12-07-2008, 08:48 AM
War REMY! D.Q. or not, I am glad he won the damn thing.

And I don't think Remy played hurt. It wasn't like Remy was getting smacked all over the ring. Hari got dropped during the fight.

For one thing he took a heel to the jaw. And if he did, good. Because Badr didn't deserve it after that. He friggin hit Remy after the bell at the end of the round too.

Remy goes 2-0 against Badr, hope it stays that way. Glad to see Remy win one more GP. Now, hopefully Jerome can win his first one in '09

What is really interesting is now we have 3 people trying to tie Hoost's GP record. Schilt, Remy, and Aerts all have 3 K-1 tournament wins. If they are smart, they will have a really nice build up for '09 using that little tidbit.

Three guys who want to tie the best K-1 fighter ever, the future of the division who hasn't gotten the GP yet (Hari), and one bad ass dude who still hasn't gotten the gold in all these years (JLB).

P.S. Join the K-1/Striking Social Group: MMA News Forums - The Striker's Club (http://forums.mmanews.com/group.php?groupid=1)

valheruking
12-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Three guys who want to tie the best K-1 fighter ever, the future of the division who hasn't gotten the GP yet (Hari), and one bad ass dude who still hasn't gotten the gold in all these years (JLB).
I've been hearing Hari is dropped from the 2009 gp so it'll be a while before he gets a chance again.

bobcat
12-07-2008, 11:16 AM
It looked like Remi could have continued, but Hari should have got a straight red card as soon as it happened.

Unfortunately it did look like Remi took the easy option, but who knows how bad he was really injured - it didn't look like he got hit very hard but Hari is the villian here - he's a great fighter, but the wannabe bad boy act makes him look like a total prick.

Flou
12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
What a retarded finish for a nice tournament. I was so glad before hand knowing that Semmy the Cyborg couldn't win, but how this ended took all the joy from the tournament.

Badr Hari showed no class nor professionalism at all in the final fight. What the hell was he thinking going after Remy like that?

Remy, what the hell? You could clearly see his eyes seemed pretty normal. To me it seemed like Remy just didn't want to fight anymore and took the easy D.Q victory over Badr Hari. Reminded me of that Bob Sapp incident where Remy did the exact same thing. Overall quite a lucky win for Remy. Le Banner got injured for the one millionth time and Saki didn't shut up about his injuries and paid the price for it.

Well atleast Ray Sefo won and looked good out there and to be honest most likely could have beaten Bonjasky. Bonjasky still hits like a girl although he did manage to down the glass jawed Badr Hari. To me it seems like he is just in turtle defence letting the other guy hit his guard and then he will throw few kicks to score the points over and over again. Unless he sees a clear opening to land a kick/knee. Makes the fights quite boring to be honest, even though he does finish opponents unlike the low kick phenom... Musashi.

Also kudos to the guys at HDNET, some nice commenting that made me laugh my ass off.

Ramma
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I've been hearing Hari is dropped from the 2009 gp so it'll be a while before he gets a chance again.

Really? Over the DQ? I guess it makes sense.

What do you guys think? Should Hari not be able to compete next year? It certainly proves a point and shows the shit won't be tolerated..

gsprulz
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
wow badr got screwd. he was kicking bonjasky around and only got hurt once.I just dont think remy likes to get hit. regarless if it was a dq, if there was really a problem which i totally doubt, they shouldve done what Pride did with the Fedor-Nog 2 fight. just have a rematch at Dynamite. it wasnt fair for Badr. Remy's a pussy...we all know it, hes pulled this shit before.

atj-lucko
12-08-2008, 12:58 AM
That English announcer with all of those saying, come on guy, and stop screaming, also stop bashing mma.
Still better than Kenny Rice.

Hari is one badass dude who needs to control his temper and Bonjasky seemed like he wanted out of the fight and he got it.

Love to see Badr Hari come up to MMA and compete with the big boys, learn the ground game and I think he could be the next cro cop.

What do you guys think? Should Hari not be able to compete next year? It certainly proves a point and shows the shit won't be tolerated..

Doesn't make any sense the guy is a future star for them.
Should start traing now for mma screw K-1.

SimpleJack
12-08-2008, 04:08 AM
wow badr got screwd. he was kicking bonjasky around and only got hurt once.I just dont think remy likes to get hit. regarless if it was a dq, if there was really a problem which i totally doubt, they shouldve done what Pride did with the Fedor-Nog 2 fight. just have a rematch at Dynamite. it wasnt fair for Badr. Remy's a pussy...we all know it, hes pulled this shit before.

Badr got screwed? He went off the deep end. In an epic way I might add. He simply lost it.

Ramma
12-08-2008, 07:55 AM

Badr got screwed... for breaking the rules? You get DQ'd when you start beating the crap out of a downed opponent... sorry you feel that is getting screwed. Why would they do Fedor-Nog 2? That was an accident.

Also, we don't all know Remy is a pussy because he isn't. Don't fighter bash.

Doesn't make any sense the guy is a future star for them.
Should start traing now for mma screw K-1.

Does make sense, that shit shouldn't be tolerated. He friggin stomped Remy in the face with his heel after the ref jumped in while Badr was throwing punches. End of story.

Badr tried MMA a few years ago. Lost in under a minute. Would be interesting to see him give another go at it. He could easily get into DREAM.

the dazzle
12-08-2008, 11:30 PM

F*ck yes he should be able to compete. He already got the purse deduction and the DQ.

valheruking
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
That English announcer with all of those saying, come on guy, and stop screaming, also stop bashing mma.
Still better than Kenny Rice.

He's Australian, and the fans like those one liners and the enthusiasm etc, it's kinda like Bas, if you heard him for the first time you might think what the fuck is up with that guy, but mma fans love him, even if he sounds kinda dumb sometimes, same with Schiavello.

At least he's called a ton of kickboxing events and knows all the fighters and obviously likes the sport, beats some guy that's picked for his commentating skills only, and Kenny Rice lol