PDA

View Full Version : Did Hoost derseve his forth WGP title?

bobcat
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Been thinking about this and I can't make my mind up, do you guys think that Hoost earned his forth title, given that he lost to Sapp but was able to advance due to Sapp being too injured to carry on.

I'm of the mind that the reserve fighter should have stepped in, not really a fan of a fighter becoming champion when they have lost in the tournament.

I'm neither for or against Hoost, I recognise his talent but I've never really taken to Hoost.

What do you guys think?

Flou
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Was this the tournament where both Mark Hunt and Jerome Le Banner got injured fighting against him? If yes, then absolutely no.

bobcat
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, but i thought it was Sefo not Hunt, Sefo hurt his shin on Hoosts knee and Jerome fractured his arm and missed a year or so due to it.

Ubermensch
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Dude Injurys are part of the game tough luck Hoost won fair and Square.

valheruking
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Well Mark Hunt would never have been a champ if it weren't for injuries, he was only given a spot cause Mirko was injured, and he lost that fight to Sefo, he was only able to continue cause Ray got injured in that fight, honestly if we're to sit around nitpicking about every gp there would a lot of different results.

Ramma
12-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Well Mark Hunt would never have been a champ if it weren't for injuries, he was only given a spot cause Mirko was injured, and he lost that fight to Sefo, he was only able to continue cause Ray got injured in that fight, honestly if we're to sit around nitpicking about every gp there would a lot of different results.

Agree. There are injuries and withdrawals in almost every GP (MMA included). That is the down side of tournaments. But, winning the tournament is winning the tournament.

Yeah, there can be a B.S. call in the finals or something. But if you get there because someone else couldn't continue... that is just the way the cookie crumbles...

HammerFist
12-08-2008, 01:01 AM
So was Sefo's fight sweet?? i know it went to decision, just got back from holiday and only just downloading it.
What will that win mean for him will he be apart of the next one?

Flou
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Dude Injurys are part of the game tough luck Hoost won fair and Square.

Yes, injurys are part of the game. But how lucky did Hoost get that year? :)
Sapp beats him TWICE, gets injured. Hoost gets his spot. Then both Sefo and Le Banner get injured fighting him.
That's what I dislike about the tournament format. Someone who all ready got eliminated getting an another shot at the title.

Ubermensch
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Well stop watching them because it happens all the time. Injurys happen it is part of fighting.

Flou
12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Well stop watching them because it happens all the time. Injurys happen it is part of fighting.

So because I thought Hoost got lucky and I dislike one aspect of the tournament format I should stop watching? Am I "arguing" with a 10 year old?

Ubermensch
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
So because I thought Hoost got lucky and I dislike one aspect of the tournament format I should stop watching? Am I "arguing" with a 10 year old?
No but you are acting like one, and are just about as smart to start off at a sight and try to call out the admin when you just join. :dumbass:
Back to the topic if you don't like it you will never be happy watching any GP so to save you from future frustration stop watching, becasue it is not going to change ever. It is the nature of the beast, son.

BTW hold your P's and Q's this is not a sight that likes flaming.:rtrp:

Flou
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
No but you are acting like one, and are just about as smart to start off at a sight and try to call out the admin when you just join. :dumbass:
Back to the topic if you don't like it you will never be happy watching any GP so to save you from future frustration stop watching, becasue it is not going to change ever. It is the nature of the beast, son.

BTW hold your P's and Q's this is not a sight that likes flaming.:rtrp:

Admin or not, if I get banned for something that mild then so be it.

I'll stop watching when the frustration over the tournament format /referees beats the joy of watching people hitting and kicking eachothers. Not likely to happen soon, unless they start cloning Semmy. And there ain't really an another option to go to if you like to watch stand-up action. Atleast not as fun :)