PDA

View Full Version : TUF = Grand Prix?

Alvin
06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm sure I asked this before, but as I understand it the nevada commissions (or whoever) insist on a 6 month gap between fights, hence the no GP's in the UFC anymore.

I'm not sure how long the TUF series is filmed over, but I assume it's gone start to finish well within a year, so how do TUF get away with 3/4 fights?

Kass101
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
you can fight as often as you want as long as you are not medically suspended for any reason. look at hamill he was suspended for a month or something so he couldnt continue. theres no 6 month rule guys fight everyother ppv all the time or even 2 ppvs in a row.

Matt Boone
06-11-2006, 11:46 PM
TUF fights are not considered pro MMA bouts. It's equivilant to amateur fights to them, for whatever reason.

Mastiff_owner
06-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Actually they are basically amateur/exhibition matches becasue the NSAC requires the results of professional fights to be made public within 24 hours. Since it is a reality show and dana/zuffa do not want leaks they keep the results secret so NSAC will not consider them pro fights.

LethalStriker
06-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Actually they are basically amateur/exhibition matches becasue the NSAC requires the results of professional fights to be made public within 24 hours. Since it is a reality show and dana/zuffa do not want leaks they keep the results secret so NSAC will not consider them pro fights.

Otherwise there would be a lot of corruption with the betting on the fights. Someone on the show could tell someone he knows to bet a lot of money on the fight. With it being an exhibition the sports books don't take any action on the TUF fights.