PDA

View Full Version : Newly created submission: The Double Arm Triangle Choke

killerinstinct
01-27-2009, 12:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nwgaPyXd1rk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nwgaPyXd1rk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Repenter
02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
duuuuude trying that tonight. most of the guys i roll with have figured out my whole gogoplata scheme...

killerinstinct
02-04-2009, 10:28 PM
duuuuude trying that tonight. most of the guys i roll with have figured out my whole gogoplata scheme...
Let us know how it works for you. (BTW just curious, where do you train?)

thefirm0
02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
thats a good thing to know, but it's got too many steps for my liking. it's one of those things that you would just come into, instead of actually trying for it.

TheKidInside
02-04-2009, 11:27 PM
indeed it seems like something that i would try if the opportunity presents itself but not deliberately go for it...i like shoulder locks and figure four so much more hehe

Transworld
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Way too many steps. I would never be able to land that move while grappling.

lilfella84
02-19-2009, 02:59 AM
It doesnt seem very practical to me...no way i could pull it off

killerinstinct
02-19-2009, 09:46 PM
It doesnt seem very practical to me...no way i could pull it off
It's extremely practical. All you gotta do is work on your flexibility so you can pull off the double bagger. If you use the double bagger a lot, eventually people will start defending in the manner needed to setup this sub. They defend this way to prevent straight jackets and gogoplatas. If they don't defend proplerly you can get them in gogo's and straight jackets all day. That's why they defend the way they do and when they defend in that manner, that's when you can setup this submission. The mind is like an umbrella, it works best when open.

jedlehman87
03-21-2009, 12:55 AM
That is very cool.

Repenter
03-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Let us know how it works for you. (BTW just curious, where do you train?)

ha, sorry i hadn't checked this thread in awhile

i train mma in st. albans, VT under tom murphy of TUF2 'fame.' since we're so close to the border, tom is a close friend and training partner of the tri-star team up in montreal, and spars with georges, loiseau, kang, and the whole gang weekly.

moving on, i've only tried this technique a few times since seeing it... and just noticed that i was reversing the angle from a left-leg gogo to a right-leg triangle... while this video showed the left leg taking lead both times. i'll have to try it again this week a few times and see.

thegoodfight
07-19-2009, 12:45 PM
a lot of flexibility needed for the move; but very cool

Pasha K
08-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Its cool but for a beginner it would be almost impossible to do this move.

Repenter
08-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Its cool but for a beginner it would be almost impossible to do this move.

well are you a beginner? :)

i showed this to a purple belt the other day and he thought it was the greatest thing he'd seen all year. he likes to go for / bait gogoplatas a lot, so it worked beautifully for him

Iron Triangle
09-11-2010, 06:02 AM
I tried to watch it but it didn't play. All it read was: "this is a private video. You must accept the senders friend request."

Clark80
09-24-2010, 12:56 PM
There is a video somewhere with Eddie doing this to a smoking hot chick