PDA

View Full Version : WEIGH-IN RESULTS: BRIGGS-LYAKHOVICH (pics)

nyckid
11-03-2006, 01:08 AM
http://www.fightbeat.com/news_details.php?NW=660

Luis Cruz
11-03-2006, 01:40 AM
I thought Briggs didn't have hair in that one pic for a sec, then i seen it was tied up and just hard to see.

There's something DEFINATELY wrong when Don King is holding the freakin' scale and is the only one who can see it to say their weights!

Matt Boone
11-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Man Briggs is a beast. I haven't seen him recently enough to know how he's doing in the ring, if he's built for show or built to go. Liakhovich I've never seen ever that I know of, so I'm clueless on this fight. Instinct tells me Liakhovich is overrated, but Briggs is nothing more than an imposing-LOOKING fighter. So probably a Liakhovich decision unless Briggs can overwhelm him for a KO early.

Luis Cruz
11-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Man Briggs is a beast. I haven't seen him recently enough to know how he's doing in the ring, if he's built for show or built to go. Liakhovich I've never seen ever that I know of, so I'm clueless on this fight. Instinct tells me Liakhovich is overrated, but Briggs is nothing more than an imposing-LOOKING fighter. So probably a Liakhovich decision unless Briggs can overwhelm him for a KO early.

Damn you didn't see the Brewster/Lak fight when he got the title??? That was a good one! He has a big heart and will. Briggs has bricks for hands so he can ko him, it just depends which Briggs shows up to fight. He's been solid since his loss to McCline but still inconsistant. If the fight goes late he'll be in trouble if he doesn't really hurt this guy early and build a nice lead also. Should be an entertaining fight regardless.

Afro
11-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Briggs by KO

JimmyMoore
11-03-2006, 02:39 AM
There's something DEFINATELY wrong when Don King is holding the freakin' scale and is the only one who can see it to say their weights!

Jesus Christ Yes!

This one is so hard to call because you never know about Briggs. Lyakhovich has a brick for a head, and I think he'll need it. If he can take Briggs into the later rounds, I think he can pull it out. After the Brewster fight you cant question his conditioning. And he has some pretty heavy hands himself. This should be a good one.

Greenish
11-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Briggs looks like a bodybuilder, Lyakhovich KO6

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Honestly Briggs is a bum. Getting this much attention shows the state of the HW division. Briggs just hasn't fought any good fighters since Luis. McCline is not that good but is a Veteran with power. Briggs is nothing more than a stepping stone. If a prospect can't get past him, then he doesn't have a good future ahead of him.

Lyakhovich wins this KO 8th rd