PDA

View Full Version : Do any of these guys stand achance against the champs?

scottsec
11-03-2006, 05:10 AM
And i don't mean a punchers chance. I think these guys are gonna make dana some extra cash and then get wasted.

jreed1404
11-03-2006, 05:17 AM
No matter who wins what division,,, none of them have a bologna sandwiches chance in a hobo feeled alley at winning

killerinstinct
11-03-2006, 05:37 AM
If Franklin was still champion I'd say yes ,but now that he's not champion I don't think these guys will have much of a chance.

jlruthven84
11-03-2006, 06:28 AM
A flat-out NO, unless these fighters know something we don't. It's not even that any of the finalists are washed up...they're all relatively young, but the fact of the matter is that they're simply not as good as Silva, Franklin, GSP or Matt Hughes. Honestly, I'd like to see it happen, but I doubt it will.

TN94z
11-03-2006, 02:36 PM
If Franklin was still champion I'd say yes ,but now that he's not champion I don't think these guys will have much of a chance.

None of them had a chance then either. And they don't have one now. Other than the typical punchers chance.

Masscore
11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Out of the four that are left, I think Lutter has the best chance. Unlike most poeple on this forum I don't see Silva as some unstoppable striking machine. Lutter isn't stupid, he wouldn't even try to stand with Silva and would just bring this fight to the ground where I could see him GnP Silva for a decision victory. Yea, I know Silva has a black belt in BJJ, but he isnt on the same level as Lutter is on the ground. I could see this fight being a boring grinding out fight with Lutter just peppering Silva with elbows. But all that being said, there is a much greater chance of Lutter being KOed in the first round.

TN94z
11-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Out of the four that are left, I think Lutter has the best chance. Unlike most poeple on this forum I don't see Silva as some unstoppable striking machine. Lutter isn't stupid, he wouldn't even try to stand with Silva and would just bring this fight to the ground where I could see him GnP Silva for a decision victory. Yea, I know Silva has a black belt in BJJ, but he isnt on the same level as Lutter is on the ground. I could see this fight being a boring grinding out fight with Lutter just peppering Silva with elbows. But all that being said, there is a much greater chance of Lutter being KOed in the first round.

I agree with the Silva part. It seems he is the new unstoppable fighter in the UFC....until he gets beat and then it will be the same old story about him that it is about every other champ that has fallen. The bandwagons roll by all of the time and they are easy to jump on.

Lutter is very tough on the ground, but it seems like an explosive fighter would give him alot of trouble. He seems a little slower than most.

killerinstinct
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
None of them had a chance then either. And they don't have one now. Other than the typical punchers chance.
They had a chance with Franklin.Rivera had a hard fought fight with Franklin and I could see Lutter or Cote beating Rich.Franklin's always been a bit over rated imo and Anderson proved that.

Kewl144
11-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Lutter has the best chance but not a great chance. Silva isnt overly impressive on the ground (judging from his past fights). Cote and Silva would probably be entertaining for 2 mins until Cote gets knocked out. As for the other guys, well Serra is small for his division so I'd expect him to follow Din and Rich and drop down to 155 as I dont think he has a chance against Hughes (regardless if he wins or loses the final fight, he wont beat Hughes). And I think the same goes for Lytle (other than dropping down a weight class). But who knows. Most people love an underdog and we'll just have to wait (probably until early 2007) to see what happens. Silva could lost the belt before then as could Hughes, which would stir things up a little anyway.

Howie
11-03-2006, 11:55 PM
i dont think they stand much of a chance....which kinda defeats the purpose of TUF 4 altogether neway

KENO5366
11-04-2006, 12:07 AM
i dont think they stand much of a chance....which kinda defeats the purpose of TUF 4 altogether neway

Thats why I did'nt get into this season that much. who ever wins is gonna get crushed by the current champ except for Lutter.

killerinstinct
11-04-2006, 03:30 AM
If Serra wins the show and they let him fight for the LW title than he has a shot.

scottsec
11-04-2006, 03:49 AM
If Serra wins the show and they let him fight for the LW title than he has a shot.
Yeah but i'm sure he'll have to fight at ww......

space
11-04-2006, 03:49 AM

Serra vs sherk would be a good fight.

scottsec
11-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Serra vs sherk would be a good fight.
That would be........

killerinstinct
11-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Yeah but i'm sure he'll have to fight at ww......
probably ,but you never know.

icecount8
11-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Unfortunantly i haven't been really interested in this season, and it's no disrespect to these guys cuz they absolutly bust ass doin what they do, but i highly, highly doubt any of them can take out any of the true contenders in the UFC now, not that this is an original or shocking opinion but the studs of the UFC are far to tough for any of these guys clawing their way back, as admirable as it is. Lutter may be the best shot off the show as a decent fighter in the pool of talent in MMA today.

space
11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
They all stand a chance, even if it's a very small chance.

Dork8503
11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
i agree with alof of the posters on here the stand a punchers chance besides that not really, i would love to see serra go against gsp or hughes, and see him get his ass handed to him, there is just somthing about the guy that i dont like

icecount8
11-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Thats funny i've heard several people say they don't like Serra either, i haven't watched too much of this season, whats up with this dude why is he so annoying.

jlruthven84
11-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Serra's pretty outspoken, and sometimes he doesn't think before he opens up...that's generally why folks don't like him. I personally had less of a problem with him than I did with Shonie, but these guys are both characters, so I pretty much chalk it up to that.

Serra COULD legitimately challenge for the LW title...if he wins TUF4 and looks good in his WW title loss, he'll win for awhile at LW and eventually challenge Sherk. That's a ground battle I'd love to see.

TN94z
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
They had a chance with Franklin.Rivera had a hard fought fight with Franklin and I could see Lutter or Cote beating Rich.Franklin's always been a bit over rated imo and Anderson proved that

I haven't seen any fights on the show that have been impressive at all. Lutter is too slow to be a contender. The only person that I could see having a chance at Franklin was Cote. All of the hype did get Franklin a little over rated status, I agree. But I still don't think the fighters on the show are on his level. I like Serra more than i do Rivera

wpgscrapper
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes Serra is pretty outspoken, but i didn't take it in a Cocky way. He's Def a stud on the ground, and was for lack of a better word the leader of team mojo, shonie carter owes him a lot, i dont think Carter wins his prelim fight if not for Serra coachen him from the corner. His verbal bitch slappin of Mark Lemon was the best part of the whole show.

I can see Dana flashen enuff $$ to put those 2 in the Octagon after GSP annihilates Serra. Maybe on a card with Josh Koscheck and Chris Leben..some sort of TUF bad blood show..just a thought
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m295/dexterriley_2006/Punch.gif