PDA

View Full Version : Is PBF ducking Margarito??

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I've heared PBF was offered 8 mill to take this fight and he turned it down because he thought the fans want him to fight Baldomir. I don't believe this and think maybe PBF might be a lil too cautious about his career choices.

Opinions??

Afro
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
PBF has alllwaaaysss said that he would fight Margarito when both careers are built up so they both can make money off of it, Baldomir is a tougher opponent I dont see PBF ducking anyone.

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Well 8 mill is a lot of money and fighters have been known to duck so they can protect their records and reputations. Here's a little read you all can voice your opinion on:

Team Floyd Claims "We're Not Ducking Margarito"
Reported By: Boxing Insider - 06.26.2006 02:29 PM

Team Floyd Claims "We're Not Ducking Margarito"
By Scoop Malinowski

"Most people are afraid to be honest." -- Jim Brown

"Tis strange but true; for truth is always strange, - Stranger than fiction." -- Byron

"Self-preservation is the first law of nature." -- S. Butler

Ladies and gentleman, Nobody ever lies in boxing.

STOP THE PRESSES. Word has been released from the Mayweather Headquarters in Las Vegas. They claim Floyd is not ducking Antonio Margarito.

Team Floyd says it is seriously considering Margarito as their next opponent. Oh. Really? Don't hold your breath. Because more than likely, it isn't going to happen.

The $8 million Chicken's chief advisor Leonard Ellerbe spoke out in defense against the widespread accusations that Floyd is running and running scared from WBO Welterweight champion Antonio Margarito.

"I've heard that ... and obviously it's the most ridiculous comment that one can make," said Ellberbe to Newark Star-Ledger boxing reporter Franklin McNeil. "First and foremost, Floyd's been in about 16 world championship fights. Margarito, from last I checked, has four losses. He's never fought an elite fighter. I repeat, he's never fought an elite fighter."

Ellerbe seems to have forgotten Floyd had no problems of procrastination and hesitation in signing to fight non-elite fighters DeMarcus Corley and Henry Bruseles for a WHOLE LOT LESS than $8 million. I REPEAT, for a whole lot less than $8 MILLION. Can you say hypocricy and fraud and deception? Oh, and by the way Leonard, no elite fighters even dare step up and fight Margarito - as Vargas, Mosley, and Baldomir have all said No to Margarito.

Ellebre continued: "Floyd is the best fighter in the world. He's fought top-level competition throughout his career. He's never ducked or dodged anyone. And last I checked, Floyd's undefeated. But Margarito's a good fighter. He's not a bum. His name's in the hat, no higher than anybody else's. The fact that his name is in the mix should prove we're not ducking him."

Oh, okay Leonard. Margarito is supposedly under consideration. So that should prove you and Floyd are not ducking him. Okay, Leonard. STOP THE PRESSES.

Everyone always tell the truth when they talk to the media, right Leonard?

Floyd was telling us the truth when he said Margarito didn't deserve the fight, right Leonard? Who is Margarito?, remember that crock of you know what, Leonard? Floyd was telling the truth when he said earlier this year that he loved Bob Arum and that Bob Arum was the greatest promoter of all-time, right Leonard? Floyd was telling the truth when he said Margarito was average and that he'd beat him easy if it made dollars and it made sense, right Leonard? Floyd was telling the truth when he said Margarito would get the shot if Bob Arum showed him the money, right Leonard?

Well, Bob's showing the money Leonard. He's showing you and Floyd a career-high jackpot for the second time now Leonard. And nobody else is outbidding or even bidding against Arum and Margarito, Leonard. Why not just take the easy money and get rid of this nuisance from Mexico, Leonard?

You can hoodwink the fools and the sychophants and tell everyone you are considering Margarito for the next fight. But you ain't foolin everyone Leonard. Some of us know that if Floyd gets his way and can somehow get out of this awful mess without losing his self-respect, he will never fight Margarito, this summer, next summer, or ever.

The powers know it Leonard. The powers-that-be in boxing know Floyd is scared of Margarito, they know Floyd gets beat up if it ever happens. And probably beaten up to the point where the rematch won't be necessary.

And I think you know it too, Leonard.

$8 million dollars is a lot of money to pass up Leonard, when Superman Floyd could make easy work of Margarito, right Leonard?

But you know it ain't easy work, Leonard. You know it's the most dangerous, most vicious fight of Floyd's life. You know how good, how confident and how relentlessly determined Margarito is to destroy Floyd, don't you Leonard.

But the truth always comes out Leonard. We discovered why Tyson never wanted to fight Lennox. We learned why Roy never wanted to mess with Tarver. We learned why Tito Ortiz did not want to go to war with Chuck Liddell.

And we all know why Floyd doesn't want to compete with Antonio Margarito. The truth always comes out Leonard.

Boxing needs he best to fight the best, open competition of the best fights possible. No cheating the public or the sport itself out of making the best fights possible can be tolerated.

"All they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." -- New Testament, Matthew

"They never tase who always drink;
They always talk who never think." -- Prior

"Truth forever on the scaffold,
Wrong forever on the throne." -- J.R. Lowell

Afro
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
he'll fight Margarito, ill bet 8 mill on that

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
he'll fight Margarito, ill bet 8 mill on that

Now I never gave it the thought, he was ducking Margarito but not even HWs get 8 mill often. Not just that, don't you think a superfight would build up both of their careers?? People know who Margarito is and and the promotion that fight would get would be crazy. nobody turns down 8 mill Afro. What's his excuse now? this is the second offer by who he calls the best promoter.

Afro
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I dunno, I just dont see the logic in not fighting him what does he have to be scared of? he'll beat Margarito.

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I dunno, I just dont see the logic in not fighting him what does he have to be scared of? he'll beat Margarito.

Well I don't know. I don't remember seeing a Margarito fight even thought I'm sure I have. But everyone is saying Margarito is really really good, much better than Baldomir. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is ducking him. You have to admit turning down 8 mill is really fishy.

Afro
11-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Well I don't know. I don't remember seeing a Margarito fight even thought I'm sure I have. But everyone is saying Margarito is really really good, much better than Baldomir. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is ducking him. You have to admit turning down 8 mill is really fishy.
ya it is.. just when you duck a fighter, then call out IMO a more dangerous opponent in DLH, and then your fighting a more dangerous opponent.. again IMO in Baldomir then I really cant claim your duckin'.. and he boxed JLC twice.. I just dont see PBF duckin Margarito for weaker opponents, it seems to me like hes denying him and goin' on to tougher guys so I really cant get on him about it.. who knows if he'll fight Margarito, I think he will.. but I rather see DLH/PBF first so who cares about Margarito right now.

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
ya it is.. just when you duck a fighter, then call out IMO a more dangerous opponent in DLH, and then your fighting a more dangerous opponent.. again IMO in Baldomir then I really cant claim your duckin'.. and he boxed JLC twice.. I just dont see PBF duckin Margarito for weaker opponents, it seems to me like hes denying him and goin' on to tougher guys so I really cant get on him about it.. who knows if he'll fight Margarito, I think he will.. but I rather see DLH/PBF first so who cares about Margarito right now.

I agree I would rather see a PBF/DLH fight but after doing some research I have found proof PBF is ducking him. BTW I just seen mararito fight and he's pretty damn good. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOSYzIKJFro

UFCfanatic
11-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter in boxing, period! He has destroyed all comers so far and I don't see that being any different for awhile now.

Punk Ass
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter in boxing, period! He has destroyed all comers so far and I don't see that being any different for awhile now.

He's never fought anyone I consider one of the P4P best.

Afro
11-03-2006, 03:16 PM
well if Sugar Shane says hes duckin Margarito.. then hes ducking Margarito lol

Dork8503
11-04-2006, 04:59 AM
pbf is getting 8 million to fight Baldomir, i think baldomir is a tougher match up then margirto

Punk Ass
11-04-2006, 08:11 AM
pbf is getting 8 million to fight Baldomir, i think baldomir is a tougher match up then margirto

LMOA, what do you base that off of? Margarito doesn't sit their and take a punch to land a punch, and not just that, Margarito has crazy one punch KO power, Baldamir doesn't.

Please elaborate!!

leelandk
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
8 million to fight Antonio, wow. I don't see where the purse would come from.

Salvy_Mic
11-11-2006, 09:00 PM
From Bob Arum, naturally. And Margarito's got a HUGE fanbase. Trust me, I'm from L.A., and every single Latino boxing fan I ever talk to know all about Margarito. He's got a huge fanbase, and I guarantee that if they ever did fight, you would be hearing a lot of Margarito chants at Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand Garden, Caesar's Palace, Thomas & Mack Center, or wherever in Vegas they fight. Guys like Larry Merchant and Ray Mancini all think that a relentless in-fighter like Margarito who's strong and has KO power would cause all sorts of problems for Mayweather.

Margarito is going through Chuck Liddell syndrome right now. His record ain't all THAT impressive, and he's somewhat unknown, but insiders know he's a very dangerous, hungry, unknown fighter, the worst kind for any top draw to take on. $8 million turned down, in what would surely be the biggest respect winner for Floyd. Hell, I'd let Sam Peter punch me in the face for $8 mil. After about a couple thousands of dollars on facial reconstructive surgery, I'd still have something like $7.5 million left to spend, right?

kowarrior
11-11-2006, 09:18 PM
From Bob Arum, naturally. And Margarito's got a HUGE fanbase. Trust me, I'm from L.A., and every single Latino boxing fan I ever talk to know all about Margarito. He's got a huge fanbase, and I guarantee that if they ever did fight, you would be hearing a lot of Margarito chants at Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand Garden, Caesar's Palace, Thomas & Mack Center, or wherever in Vegas they fight. Guys like Larry Merchant and Ray Mancini all think that a relentless in-fighter like Margarito who's strong and has KO power would cause all sorts of problems for Mayweather.

Margarito is going through Chuck Liddell syndrome right now. His record ain't all THAT impressive, and he's somewhat unknown, but insiders know he's a very dangerous, hungry, unknown fighter, the worst kind for any top draw to take on. $8 million turned down, in what would surely be the biggest respect winner for Floyd. Hell, I'd let Sam Peter punch me in the face for $8 mil. After about a couple thousands of dollars on facial reconstructive surgery, I'd still have something like $7.5 million left to spend, right?

:grinsmile1: True

shenku68
11-25-2006, 05:38 AM
If Margarito will be patient this might be a win-win for him and Mayweather. If Mayweather beats De La Hoya and earn big money(more than 8 million possibly double), the match-up for him and Margarito would make big money too. Floyd is not going to retire after Oscar fight. If he beats Oscar, Margarito will be next and for more than 8 million.

Salvy_Mic
11-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Margarito and Cotto are fighting on the same card on December 9. I dunno, but this seems to me as if they're getting set up to fight each other should they both win and come out with respective WBO and WBA titles. That should be a good fight too, and if Margarito manages to win that, Mayweather would have no choice but to fight him after his De La Hoya fight, lest he wants to really be called out as a chicken. And if he loses the De La Hoya fight, it's imperative for Mayweather to take a fight like that to try and save face and prove he's still the best around.

If Margarito doesn't get Mayweather, I for one would love to see Margarito vs. Cotto. Just another chapter in the ongoing Mexico vs. Puerto Rico rivalry.