PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Briggs New Heavyweight CHAMPION

TheBonger
11-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Shannon steals the WBO Heavyweight title from Sergei Liakhovich with a brutal 12th rd TKO. Sergei was winning on all three cards at the time, pretty nice KO with Sergei getting knocked outta the ring at the end. Pretty boring fight Sergei was not aggressive and Briggs threw mostly one punch at a time. This fight is pretty much a picture of the current HW situation, i hope somebody comes along soon to rejuvenate the HW division cause for a title fight this was horrible. But anyway congrats to Shannon Briggs on bringing a HW Title back to the USA. On a side note the post fight interviews was prolly more entertaining then the fight itself, Jim Grey's interaction with Briggs and Don King is priceless.

Luis Cruz
11-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Briggs looked even bigger compared to Sergei than i thought he would, he made him look like a Cruiserweight. That was a HORRIBLE fight, boring as shit. But the one thing i gave Briggs was that punchers chance, he has bricks but never did i expect it to happen in the 12th round. When he fell out of the ring it wasn't even a punch that put him out there he just fell back without even being hit, must've been exhausted and hurt from the couple punches that landed a little before. Strange he was that tired after going 12 strong in a war with Brewster. Briggs i expected to be that tired, amazing he still has that ko power even when he's that tired. 1 second is all it had to go and he would've still been champ. I noticed Sergei seemed scared to death of Briggs after being hurt in round one and just never got into the fight, Briggs just didn't persue him or anything like he tried to go the distance. Well crappy fight, crappy division. I didn't see the post fight cause i switched over to Mayweather right after it ended cause it was starting. I'll watch it tonight.

Juan Diaz is a bad little man, time to step up though. He got that WBA title but he needs to fight a big name and i hope he does fight the winner of Chavez and Diaz, either of those would be good but i expect Jesus Chavez to beat Julio Diaz and setup a great fight with Juan Diaz soon.

Punk Ass
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I would love to see Sam Petter knock briggs in to next tuesday.:sporty:

Dork8503
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
i dont see briggs staying champion for long, peter would beat him up then knock him out same for wlad

shenku68
11-06-2006, 01:11 AM
i dont see briggs staying champion for long, peter would beat him up then knock him out same for wlad

I agree with that. He looked like crap against Sergei and got a good punch in the last 30 seconds of the fight. The sap was losing on every judges' scorecard until the knockout. Briggs will not be the champion long.

Luis Cruz
11-06-2006, 05:01 AM
I agree with that. He looked like crap against Sergei and got a good punch in the last 30 seconds of the fight. The sap was losing on every judges' scorecard until the knockout. Briggs will not be the champion long.
Yea going into that final round he was losing but it was close. If they would've let that 1 second finish Briggs still would've won cause of the two knockdowns that round. One judge would've had an even scorecard while the other two would've had him winning by 2 points.

Donny77
11-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Shannon looked enormous compared to Sergei, but that fight was painful to watch til the last round.

Dork8503
11-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I see wlad beating brock, then his next fight would be against another belt holder, and imo right now wlad and peter are the only 2 that can capture all 4 belts, and right now peter cant beat wlad so im really hoping that will brung some fun back into the hw in boxing, plus i cant wait for that 7 foot guy to fight someone like peter or wlad because they will ko his big ass, even briggs would probally ko him , he was getting rocked by barret and barret couldnt finish him because he couldnt put together good combos, someone like wlad has that ko power and good enough to rock him then finish him, and plus i thought there was a weight limit in boxing i thought it was somthing like 275 , would weighing in over 300 make him a super heavy weight

kowarrior
11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Shannon looked enormous compared to Sergei, but that fight was painful to watch til the last round.

Shannon is a piece of crap! Just a big musclebound moron with awful stamina. It's a disgrace that crap like him are picking up belts. He seems like a good guy and all but as a boxer, he's useless. He'll start sucking wind after throwing 3 jabs.

Punk Ass
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I see wlad beating brock, then his next fight would be against another belt holder, and imo right now wlad and peter are the only 2 that can capture all 4 belts, and right now peter cant beat wlad so im really hoping that will brung some fun back into the hw in boxing, plus i cant wait for that 7 foot guy to fight someone like peter or wlad because they will ko his big ass, even briggs would probally ko him , he was getting rocked by barret and barret couldnt finish him because he couldnt put together good combos, someone like wlad has that ko power and good enough to rock him then finish him, and plus i thought there was a weight limit in boxing i thought it was somthing like 275 , would weighing in over 300 make him a super heavy weight

No such thing as a super HW in boxing. They've had talks about a new division but it really doesn't make a difference. I think your mixing MMA up with boxing because MMA does have a HW weight limmit only because of people like Bob Sapp.