PDA

View Full Version : mayweather dominates

icemanct
11-05-2006, 07:25 AM
puts a clinic on baldomir's face with a 12 round unanimous decision.wow ass whoopin.

JimmyMoore
11-05-2006, 07:29 AM
120-108 on all three cards. PBF is fucking ridiculous.

*Correction: One judge scored it 118-110. PBF is still fucking ridiculous.

Punk Ass
11-05-2006, 07:36 AM
He's impressive, but it's time to see him fight really skilled and fast fighters. Baldomir was just in the right place at the right time and fought smaller fighters who just didn't have no heart (Zab) or just didn't have the skills to compete with a bigger fighter (Gotti)

icemanct
11-05-2006, 07:45 AM
i think DLH could beat pbf.hes bigger they're both really smart mayweater probaly has a slight speed advantage.dlh has fought better boxers then pbf and has more experience

shenku68
11-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Floyd needs to fight Margarito next then De La Hoya.

Dork8503
11-05-2006, 08:08 AM
after alot of you say bladomr would beat him this and that, pbf dominates the whole fight and now you just come up with alot of things like i new it was going to happen, just give him his credit

icemanct
11-05-2006, 08:23 AM
after alot of you say bladomr would beat him this and that, pbf dominates the whole fight and now you just come up with alot of things like i new it was going to happen, just give him his creditwe never said we knew it was going to happen.and why are you bein an ass we are all givin him props on his fight.

Dork8503
11-05-2006, 10:31 AM
i didnt say all, and i didnt point you out, im saying its time for all the haters and doubters to give him his credit, even if he did beat margirito there would be still people out there saying well margirito wasnt that good and no matter who he fights and beats there will always be the people in here saying somthing esle because all they want todo is hate

Luis Cruz
11-05-2006, 12:08 PM
i didnt say all, and i didnt point you out, im saying its time for all the haters and doubters to give him his credit, even if he did beat margirito there would be still people out there saying well margirito wasnt that good and no matter who he fights and beats there will always be the people in here saying somthing esle because all they want todo is hate

Who are you talking about, i don't remember anyone saying he was going to lose or that he wasn't any good on this board??

I had 118-110 Mayweather, no way he won round 10 or 11 i forget which, i also gave Baldomir the 7th.

Punk Ass
11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
after alot of you say bladomr would beat him this and that, pbf dominates the whole fight and now you just come up with alot of things like i new it was going to happen, just give him his credit

Nobody was dum enough to say Baldamir would win...what are you talking about? The only thing that might have been said is PBF shouldn't be fighting Baldamir, because Baldy is not on his level what so ever. At least that's what I said. I was surprised the fight wasn't a little better though.

Punk Ass
11-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Who are you talking about, i don't remember anyone saying he was going to lose or that he wasn't any good on this board??

I had 118-110 Mayweather, no way he won round 10 or 11 i forget which, i also gave Baldomir the 7th.

Luis it seems very obvious Baldy is not eeven on JLC level. I'm sure you thought it would have been a slightly better fight aswell.

Luis Cruz
11-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Luis it seems very obvious Baldy is not eeven on JLC level. I'm sure you thought it would have been a slightly better fight aswell.

I did, i said that in another thread. I expected him to be more competitve because of him being a bigger and stronger guy. I never said he was on Castillo's level, i said he was like a bigger Castillo as far as style. Castillo puts his punches together real well and is an all time great because he's fought everyone and never ducked nobody plus he won most of those tough fights, it's hard to say anyone is as successful as him today. But Baldomir does resemble his style with how he fights he's just not as crisp with his punches or as fast. I WANT FLOYD/MARAGRITO ALREADY! If not he better be fighting DLH/Mosely/Hatton or someone of that caliber if he doesn't fight Margarito cause he's all out of excuses for not taking that fight if these guys aren't available.

icemanct
11-05-2006, 08:39 PM
damn!i thought it could slide, crap!well whatever mma is better im not to good making predictions for boxing but im pretty good for mma:grinsmile1:

Afro
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
PBF dominated, but hes arrogant and has the Tyson-syndrum. I hope he finally accepts that fight with Margarito, I Wanna see him fight faster boxers.

Greenish
11-06-2006, 01:17 AM
PBF dominated, but hes arrogant and has the Tyson-syndrum. I hope he finally accepts that fight with Margarito, I Wanna see him fight faster boxers.

How do you mean Tyson syndrom? Aura of invincibility?

And yea, he's a prick, shouting how Merchant is only a comentator who knows nothing about boxing was SO freaking arrogant

Greenish
11-06-2006, 01:19 AM
i think DLH could beat pbf.hes bigger they're both really smart mayweater probaly has a slight speed advantage.dlh has fought better boxers then pbf and has more experience

Manny Steward made a good point of how DLH's beautiful left hook is a perfect counter for PFB's short rights. I think that DLH would beat PBF, particulary at 154.

Afro
11-06-2006, 01:20 AM
How do you mean Tyson syndrom? Aura of invincibility?

And yea, he's a prick, shouting how Merchant is only a comentator who knows nothing about boxing was SO freaking arrogant
Tyson syndrum as in, his interviews make him look like hes out of his mind.

Punk Ass
11-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Emanuel seemed really mad at what PBF said (he's the greatest ever). I honestly can see SSM or DLH beating him and to be honest, Vernon forrest doesn't have a bad style for PBF either, but not Hatton, that would be another Baldamir fight. Hatton has no skills besides come forward and throw punches. Margarito is pretty good and that would be a good test for PBF but IMO he's not as good as DLH or SSM.

Luis Cruz
11-07-2006, 03:16 AM
I didn't want to make a new thread for this so i'll just say it here. I just watched the undercard fights from the ppv (i watched the undercard on showtime Saturday night instead). The heavyweight fight started with a good beating of Denzel's fighter...lol but got boring then finished good.

Nick Diaz, i mean Guerrero (tell me they don't look alike?!), i don't think expected Salido to be so game and tough and got upset. He'll be back i'm sure he's still young and has always impressed me. This fight had high hopes for me and didn't deliver, a little too slow paced for guys that size.

The fight i want to talk about is the Paul Williams fight. He definately lacks some power being that he couldn't KO a guy who didn't even get a full day to get ready for the fight and hit him with everything he had. They mentioned it tonight but i thought about this a little while ago, he reminds me a lot of Hearns when he was a WW, same long body and puts his punches together real well. 6'1 is huge for a WW and i expect him to move up after he can't cut that weight anymore and eventually end up a MW like Hearns. He doesn't have the power of Hearns but his style and combos look a lot like Hearns. His lack of power could cost him in a fight with a power puncher that has a good chin. He's definately a very skilled fighter and his domination of Mitchell showed that (even though Mitchell was a lot smaller than him and well past his prime). With power he'd own the division soon but that might hold him back for a little. i don't think hardly anyone caught this but in the 5th round Williams had him against the ropes and was throwing a lot of punches, he walked right into a hook and was actually hurt, the commentators didn't even see it. He was only hurt for like 2 or 3 seconds before recovering and then unloading on the poor guy but i thought that was funny, even funnier if he would've got ko'd out of nowhere. lol And lastly for the first time i can remember i have to critize one of my favorite refs, Joe Cortez for not stopping that fight sooner. Most of the time i like when a guy gets a fighting chance, but he wasn't in the fight and took way too many clean shots to the head. Could've been bad news. My favorite ref for the past year has been Ritter who refs Friday night fights, you don't see him unless absolutely nessesary and he's extremely fair with everything. I expect to see him on HBO, Showtime, and ppv cards in the very near future.