PDA

View Full Version : PBF retiring??

UFCfanatic
11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet but PBF announced at post-fight that his next big fight would be his last. He said he wasn't in it for the money, only the legacy and he'd accomplished what he wanted to. I think I read this on ESPN.com

Afro
11-05-2006, 11:45 PM
its BS, hes just self-promoting

icemanct
11-05-2006, 11:47 PM
what a pussy

Dork8503
11-06-2006, 01:53 AM
he wont retire any time soon

Dork8503
11-06-2006, 01:54 AM
i see floyd to keep moving up in weight class , thats if he gets by margirito and say ssm or oscar, if he does then i see him moving up and moving up until he gets way out of his league

Punk Ass
11-06-2006, 03:04 AM
PBF is on borrowed time. He's a great fighter, not the best, but he's never fought anybody with the skill of a DLH or SSM. One of the 2 fighters will expose him.

JimmyMoore
11-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Floyd likes that $$ too much to quit. He also needs people to listen to him run his fucking mouth.

liddell316
11-06-2006, 05:44 AM
If he does retire it's in fear of opponents that aren't human punching bags like his last two fights turned out.

He thinks he'll be remembered as one of the greatest of this era of boxing....but if he retires without beating Oscar, SSM, margirito, etc....That's what he should be remembered for.

Step up and fight the best Floyd.

Dork8503
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM
i wouldnt put margirto in the same league at setting his legacy as oscar or shane, if he beats one, then the other will offer even more money and you know he loves that to much to refuse, because lets say he beats oscar, then a fight with shane will be even more money because shane beat oscar and set up even more ppv buys and it will just be a day of lots and lots and lots of cash, i dont see floyd beating both shane and oscar but i see him beating of them, but hell he could beat both you never no

Punk Ass
11-06-2006, 03:07 PM
i wouldnt put margirto in the same league at setting his legacy as oscar or shane, if he beats one, then the other will offer even more money and you know he loves that to much to refuse, because lets say he beats oscar, then a fight with shane will be even more money because shane beat oscar and set up even more ppv buys and it will just be a day of lots and lots and lots of cash, i dont see floyd beating both shane and oscar but i see him beating of them, but hell he could beat both you never no

DLH really won the last fight with SSM. Not only that DLH has much more fan base period and more draw than Mosley.

Afro
11-06-2006, 03:46 PM
DLH really won the last fight with SSM. Not only that DLH has much more fan base period and more draw than Mosley.
I disagree, SSM beat him twice.

Punk Ass
11-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I disagree, SSM beat him twice.

Watch that fight again. Even the announcers said it was a bad decision.

Afro
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Watch that fight again. Even the announcers said it was a bad decision.
it was a unanimous decision though, I thought SSM beat him and will always beat him IMO SSM is just better then DLH.

Punk Ass
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
it was a unanimous decision though, I thought SSM beat him and will always beat him IMO SSM is just better then DLH.

haven't you ever seen a fight that had a bad decision?? I don't know what the judges were seeing but SSM didn't win that fight. Like I said look at the fight again. DLH was beating him to the punch ever time and put on a spectacular performance. I know the judges were blind but the die hard fan like myself knows the difference. And I scored that fight. Anyways look and the fight again, and when u do, turn the sound of so the announcers wont influence you, even though they even said DLH won, IF YOU REMEMBER.

leelandk
11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
PBF is annoucning his retirement after 1 more fight to lure DLH into fighting him. Thats all it is. He won't retire!!

Dork8503
11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
i agree shane beat oscar the first time but the second i belive oscar won that fight, and i also believe it is a tatic by floyd to lure in oscar for a huge amount of money and i dont see him retireing after that specailly if he wins