PDA

View Full Version : Holyfield Wins!

Afro
11-12-2006, 02:39 AM
and no one gives a shit, I heard it was a bad decision did anyone actually watch this fight?

kowarrior
11-12-2006, 04:15 AM
I watched it Afro. Holyfield showed a glimpse of his prime when he dropped Oquendo in the 1st round with a right hand. A young Holyfield would've been all over that ass, but today all you got was a Holyfield who threw one punch at a time and looked every bit his age at 44. He really is so slow and old, he shouldn't be fighting at all. I also thought Oquendo won the fight, but Holyfield got the decision anyway because I guess the people who fixed the fight figure they can still cash in on Holyfield's name until he gets his ass brutally pummelled as soon as he fights a guy with power. Oquendo fought scared and cautious but that's Oquendo for you.
James Toney would've annhilated Holyfield last night, just like he did 3 years ago. Wlad Klitschko would send Holyfield into the morgue.

Luis Cruz
11-12-2006, 06:15 AM
It was the first punch of the fight he landed that dropped him and won it. It would've been a majority draw. BOREFEST!!! And i think the thing people will call bullshit is not the decision (Oquendo was scared to fight after that knockdown) but the one judge having it 116-111 while the other two had 114-113? The only thing this does is give Holyfield a false sense of security, he'll get another fight i'm sure and with a win probably a title shot after that and that will be when he gets seriously hurt. I really wish he'd leave the sport but with crappy wins against crappy fighters he'll keep thinking he has a shot to not only win one title but all of them to be a unified champ?! He'll be hit with reality after the first title fight and hopefully if he escapes from serious injury he'll walk away.

leelandk
11-12-2006, 08:37 AM
What is wrong with Evander? Seriously? I don't understand how he can honestly believe he can unify the titles. Even if he still had the skills, there is so much politics involved it wouldn't happen in less than 5 years for him.

Greenish
11-13-2006, 12:12 AM
166-111 for Holy was just crazy, I had Oquendo ahead but draw would be fair too...

brendon
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
166-111 for Holy was just crazy, I had Oquendo ahead but draw would be fair too...

they feel sorry for the old man i guess. he really needs to retire.

Dork8503
11-21-2006, 08:00 AM
i would love to see evander fight wlad, that would make him leave the sport forever, after the massacre of him no one would give him another fight, if he dont get brain damage from this fight, imo evander was never a great fighter, just a good fighter, any of the top 5 maybe even top 8 would put a end to this shit evander is trying to do, he must have hit that pipe to many times to think he could get all 4 belts let alone 1