PDA

View Full Version : TUF 4 Finale - LYTLE GOT ROBBED!!!

Decoy72
11-12-2006, 06:15 AM
You have got to be F*%&ing kidding me!! Matt Serra wins!!!! Don't get me wrong, Serra is great. The guy is grappling/submission master but he did absolutely nothing to win that fight!

I had all three rounds going to Lytle. He stuffed all but one take down attempt and when Serra did get him down Lytle completely nullified it.

I don't know who the judges were but I would love to know what their MMA credentials are. That scoring was a load of horse s*%t!

Not only was Season 4 the worst season so far, the finale was almost a complete piece of crap. With the exception of the Clementi vs. Thomas and Smith vs. Sell fights on the undercard, the finale was a complete and utter let down.

The UFC should be ashamed of the show that was put on tonight. The judging needs to be completely revamped and put into the hands of people that have experience in MMA.

I'm very disapointed.

jreed1404
11-12-2006, 06:17 AM
You have got to be F*%&ing kidding me!! Matt Serra wins!!!! Don't get me wrong, Serra is great. The guy is grappling/submission master but he did absolutely nothing to win that fight!

I had all three rounds going to Lytle. He stuffed all but one take down attempt and when Serra did get him down Lytle completely nullified it.

I don't know who the judges were but I would love to know what their MMA credentials are. That scoring was a load of horse s*%t!

Not only was Season 4 the worst season so far, the finale was almost a complete piece of crap. With the exception of the Clementi vs. Thomas and Smith vs. Sell fights on the undercard, the finale was a complete and utter let down.

The UFC should be ashamed of the show that was put on tonight. The judging needs to be completely revamped and put into the hands of people that have experience in MMA.

I'm very disapointed.

I agree with everything u said!!

djkilljoy77
11-12-2006, 06:21 AM
i completely agree with you.... esp. the main event for the welterweigth title shot... WTF?!?!..... i have complete respect for serra..... i have even been to his academy..... one of the nicest people you'll meet but damn HE LOST THAT FIGHT!!!!
i felt really sorry for lytle...... n the scores?!..... 30-27...... how the hell did that happen?!....
well more than the judging for some reason i feel as if dana might have fixed the fight considering how hughes is his golden boy (hence hes hoping hughes will win....... how wrong is dana going to be) and so a hughes serra fight already has a good story.....

remember what serra said post-fight.....
"my heart goes out to GSP..... hes a freak.... but Hughes is a d**k".... lol

well lytle did get robbed...... hope hes doing okay....... looking at the two fighters lytle had a lot more to lose considering he needed the money to support his family and stuff.....

mmafightfan
11-12-2006, 06:22 AM

I'm very disapointed.

Couldn't agree more!

machogh
11-12-2006, 06:28 AM
I disagree, it was a very close fight. Also, it looked to me like Matt had the more effective blows during the standup.

Decoy72
11-12-2006, 06:44 AM
-----

I disagree, it was a very close fight. Also, it looked to me like Matt had the more effective blows during the standup.
-----

What fight were you watching? Lytle looked like he just came out of his dressing room to start the fight. Serra wasn't banged up but he had a goose-egg under his right eye and both sides of his rib cage were red from the body shots that Lytle was giving him during the clinch.

Everyone will have an opinion but I'm really pissed with the decision and the poor season/finale combo.

I'm a former amateur boxer and I can't even watch the sport anymore because at the higher levels it is so obviously fixed. I'm beginning to feel the same way about the UFC. Dana White needs to go back to being president and stop sticking his nose into the tv and PPV events. His close relationships with certain fighters are beginning to make it look like he is "crafting" fights in order to keep the increase in popularity of the UFC on the upswing. Back off and let the sport take care of itself. It is the best, not to mention the purest sport there is. The fans, fame and fortune will come. Stop the WWF bulls*&t!

los_pantalones
11-12-2006, 07:24 AM
i agree that lytle got screwed by the judges on this one, especially since no matter who won that fight, i dont think it was 30-27. but you have to be careful about throwing that fixed word around. he got screwed, no doubt about it. but fixed is a completely different story. we've seen guys get robbed by judges all the time in mma. its nothing new. its a shame it had to happen at a really meaningful event/fight like this was, especially since there was a title shot on the line. the rounds were generally pretty close, so if they gave them to serra, they werent necessarily way out of left field in doing so. i'm not excusing the decision, but to say it was fixed is a tad over the top.

tmoe
11-12-2006, 08:13 AM
i think folks here are drawing hasty conclusions and accusations of match fixing are reckless. However, due to the clear and immediate controversy expressed by the result...THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE which must be addressed by the UFC.

i recommend that UFC fans demand the public release of the detailed score cards from each judge with a replay commentary demonstrating their scoring blow by blow...

Then we can then make our own judgments as to how the result was reached and whether it was fair.

After this investigation, if flagrent errors in judgement occured...

Corrective measures must be taken by Dana White and the Ufc to first and foremost re-score the bout,

Secondly....terminate certain judges from future fights

Thirdly...investigate the erred-judge for potential compromising motives such as kick backs, external influences etc....

Personally i cant imagine that Dana, with dedicated integrity, or the IFC would "fix" any fight for the sake of PR...that is simply against the principles this sport is founded on....

If appropriate / independent governance measures are not implemted in the selection of UFC judges...they should demanded by the FANS to protect the integrity of the sport....before its too late...

djpowers33
11-12-2006, 08:39 AM
I felt so bad for Lytyle...he stuffed everything that Serra threw at him. However the hierarchy of scoring seems to be whoever seems to dictate the action scores points. So I can see how Serra would win despite being very unsuccesful in his takedowns and ground game. Lytle didn't put together enough offense to convince the judges that he deserved the win. Despite this blatant injustice of mma referring I have to say that I'm not that disappointed in the fact that Hughes will crush the skull of the long island scumbag Mr. Matt "the bitch gonna get destroyed" Serra.

jrube
11-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Everyone says what a great guy Sera is, but during TUF4 all he did is talk smack about people when they weren't around... Especially Matt Hughes. I can't wait to see Matt dominate GSP and his gay ass french accent, then Sera... I want him to toy with Sera... hurt him real bad like he deserves... damn yankee New York shit attitude and all...

JPeezy
11-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Nobody got robbed no matter who was called "winner", the fight sucked. The fans got robbed!!! When you spend the entire fight working your take down defense you didn't exactly push the momentum of the fight. Serra kept trying for a take down, Lytle just defended. For a guy who was supposed to be better on the feet Lytle did nothing standing up.

Serra did little either, but he made the attempts. The fight should have had a final round to determine the winner. Either way, whoever won will lose to GSP/Hughes winner.

I think they should let Serra take his title shot at 155 instead!!!!

Gmunit
11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Everyone says what a great guy Sera is, but during TUF4 all he did is talk smack about people when they weren't around... Especially Matt Hughes. I can't wait to see Matt dominate GSP and his gay ass french accent, then Sera... I want him to toy with Sera... hurt him real bad like he deserves... damn yankee New York shit attitude and all...

you are a fuckin loser, save us the the trouble and leave your number of posts at 3

blahface
11-12-2006, 07:05 PM
i think folks here are drawing hasty conclusions and accusations of match fixing are reckless. However, due to the clear and immediate controversy expressed by the result...THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE which must be addressed by the UFC.

i recommend that UFC fans demand the public release of the detailed score cards from each judge with a replay commentary demonstrating their scoring blow by blow...

Then we can then make our own judgments as to how the result was reached and whether it was fair.

After this investigation, if flagrent errors in judgement occured...

Corrective measures must be taken by Dana White and the Ufc to first and foremost re-score the bout,

Secondly....terminate certain judges from future fights

Thirdly...investigate the erred-judge for potential compromising motives such as kick backs, external influences etc....

Personally i cant imagine that Dana, with dedicated integrity, or the IFC would "fix" any fight for the sake of PR...that is simply against the principles this sport is founded on....

If appropriate / independent governance measures are not implemted in the selection of UFC judges...they should demanded by the FANS to protect the integrity of the sport....before its too late...

The UFC does not have any control over the judges. NSAC decides who judges. I do agree though that judges should explain their decisions after the fight, but doing a replay commentary is just totally impractical. First of all, how would they air the replays? They just arenít going to do it for free and I donít think fans would buy a PPV with just judge commentaries. Unleashed would probably be the best choice, but I think fans would much rather hear Joe Rogan. Second of all, the fight on the caught on camera is not the same as the fight in front of the judges. The judges are viewing from a different angle so they can see it differently than what is shown on the camera. Also, judges donít have photographic memory and wouldnít remember what they are thinking every second of the fight. They just have an overall impression.

Now, I think that Lytle won, but I can definitely see how the judges scored it for Serra. It was pretty much even the whole fight. Lytle got in more punches (none which looked all that that hard), but Serra was the aggressor and had Lytle against the fence the whole fight. If I were deciding what scores points I wouldnít put aggression that high up, but Iím not in charge. Also, when Serra got Lytle down, Lytle pretty much neutralized it. When Lytle got Serra down, it looked like it was Serra in the more comfortable position. That might be why Lytle was not trying to score anymore take downs during the fight.

MovingViolation
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I think it was pretty even. I was really pulling for Serra, but at the end i had no idea who it would go to. I thought there would be a fourth round. Neither of them were hurt even. I'm glad Serra won, but I feel bad... The fight was so close and a win/loss makes such a big difference. All said and done, I think Lytle did better than to go home with nothing.

***For those of you bashing Serra, maybe you guys should meet him. It's already been said once in here but he's a really nice guy, him and his brother both. Point in case, I remember back when I was 15 fighting at a NAGA event in Bayonne, NJ; my coach was off helping someone else and guess who shows up. That's right, Matt Serra helped coach me through the fight. He didn't have to do that, he's just a super nice guy who always does the right thing.***

Beatts35
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
To say the fix was on is bs.. things happen when we leave it to the judges

you can say lytle stuffed most of serra's takedown attempts.. but he was never the aggresor in the fight. not for more than 10 seconds at a time at least.

was the fight 30-27 probably not if it could it should have been 29-28 serra... serra won the fight because he brought it to lytle. lytle didn't let serra have his way with him. but lytle never post any threat to serra he never had control of the fight and he never did anything to try and stop him.

serra won pretty fight or not

is this the fight dana wanted to see, probably not, did he fix it, no f'n way.. did the guy he wanted to win win, yes. dana can make alot more money off serra than he can lytle.

Beatts35
11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=djpowers33 I have to say that I'm not that disappointed in the fact that Hughes will crush the skull of the long island scumbag Mr. Matt "the bitch gonna get destroyed" Serra.[/QUOTE]

Why is serra a scumbag? first he didn't score that fight.

second anybody and everybody who has met matt, says nothing but good things about him. matts not bitch hes a pro fighter and trainer with ton of heart and a ton of integritty. two things you'll never know about. he was the leader of his team on the show, and never hid what he thought about others i.e. him and laimon. you should have more respect and not hide behind your keyboard.

hughes probably will beat him (serra), although i do think gsp is going to beat hughes. hughes is a total a typical jock and a man who really doesn't respect anyone. a typical thing you see in wrestlers not martial artists he's a disgrace to martial artists and to christians, as he claims to be

Beatts35
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM

new york yankee shit attitude, what a good old boy redneck toothless pats blue ribbon drinking, tracker riding ass thing to say... you deserve your skull beat in. once again another guy who can hide behind his keyboard. how's the trailer park these days. schmuck

be anrgy with the NSAC, not the fighter. be angry will lytle not being able to ever show any offense.

people say what a great guy he is for a reason... HE IS
a great teacher, coach, a family guy and a whole lot of personality, sorry people from long island got slick tungs and more heart, personality and loyalty than your slow self will ever understand. I'm not even a student of his i've met him and been to his school. and was treated very well and with respect.

as he would treat you well and welcome you into his school.