PDA

View Full Version : Review Serra Bout!!!

tmoe
11-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Serra Recount....Voice of a Fan

i think folks here are drawing hasty conclusions and accusations of match fixing are reckless. However, due to the clear and immediate controversy expressed by the result...THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE which must be addressed by the UFC.:confusedsmilie:

i recommend that UFC fans demand the public release of the detailed score cards from each judge with a replay commentary demonstrating their scoring blow by blow...:angry4:

Then we can then make our own judgments as to how the result was reached and whether it was fair. :banghead:

After this investigation, if flagrent errors in judgement occured...:blink:

Corrective measures must be taken by Dana White and the Ufc to first and foremost re-score the bout,

Secondly....terminate certain judges from future fights:fingersmilie::angry4:

Thirdly...investigate the erred-judge for potential compromising motives such as kick backs, external influences etc....:ahh:

Personally i cant imagine that Dana, with dedicated integrity, or the IFC would "fix" any fight for the sake of PR...that is simply against the principles this sport is founded on....:grinsmile26:

If appropriate / independent governance measures are not implemted in the selection of UFC judges...they should demanded by the FANS to protect the integrity of the sport....before its too late...:devil:

MichaelK
11-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Nicely said.

Cannot really offer much more than that.

JPeezy
11-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Lytle didn't do anything to deserve the win. Neither did Serra, but Serra pushed the pace of the fight and was the aggressor. When you have a 10 point must system somebody had to win each round even though they all could have been called a draw.

I know people like conspiracy theories and to hear themselves bitch, but when you fight that kind of close and boring fight neither fighter can complain about not winning the decision.

If you want to win dominate the fight or end it. Neither guy did so it was a judgement call.

chief j strong bow
11-12-2006, 10:31 AM
serra has never impressed me, he's supposed to be this Jiu jitzu / submission master and all of his fights suck. He does nothing when hes on top, he does nothing when standing, the refs have to break them up for non action...etc...and last night he lost that fight, he did NOTHING. He will get knocked out by St Piere.

Happypants
11-13-2006, 03:21 AM
I didn't think either guy had won the fight hen it was over. Serra was always the agressor in the fight so I guess that is why he won the bought.

Donny77
11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Lytle didn't do anything to deserve the win. Neither did Serra, but Serra pushed the pace of the fight and was the aggressor. When you have a 10 point must system somebody had to win each round even though they all could have been called a draw.

I know people like conspiracy theories and to hear themselves bitch, but when you fight that kind of close and boring fight neither fighter can complain about not winning the decision.

If you want to win dominate the fight or end it. Neither guy did so it was a judgement call.
Ten must system yes. But the rounds can be scored 10-10 so no one "has "to win a round.

Kewl144
11-13-2006, 09:36 AM
they both robbed the fans of a good fight so I didnt really care who won (which is probably why more people arent up in arms about the result).

euchner
11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Look on the bright side. Serra will get his ax kicked by GPS, LOL GSP or Hughes.

Uzi9cm
11-14-2006, 05:33 AM
Since when can a round be scored 10-10 ??
Never seen that !

I was not unshocked about the result, Serra pushed Lytle, he took him down on occasions, and although did nothing on top, he did keep him down, Lytle's attempts at a take down resulted in Serra on his feet again in seconds.

The bout wasn't a good one, but held more interest to me than Cote v Lutter, which i sneezed and missed.

Once again the headline fights were not what they cracked up to be, but the warmup fights, IE Smith v Sell was a great fight.
This seems to be the case with many of this years events, big names, small fights.........small names, big fights.

2mcgrath
12-10-2006, 07:03 PM
i though atleast they should have went another round.neither guy really done anything